Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

Just got an email from my dealer.Car has gone from build week 23 to now 21 :rofl:

Mine is week 23 too. Hopefully they have all been moved forward. What spec is yours?

White with a black roof,dark chrome gigaro's,heated seats,sunroof,rear elec windows,climate,bluetooth,cruise control,mats,storage boxes,front armrest,headlight washers.

I think thats it.

Just been told that my monte is at the garage. That's a delivery time of 8 days from build date.

A lot quicker than I was expecting. GET IN :)

Thats promising as Skoda dealers usually quote 2-4weeks from build to delivery..

Had a call from the dealer a little while ago - still aiming for end of May - not definite though. At least the dealers ring me every couple of weeks or so to let me know any updates (and make sure I still want the car I suppose!!!).

So, to come back to an earlier point, what 'dealer options' are there out there? Just curious...?!

Best ask them.

Springs,

Mudflaps (over Expensive), IMO

Paint & Interior Protection, (Expensive and to be Avoided) IMO

GAP Insurance. (Depends on your circumstances, buying on Finance etc)

Extended Warranty. (I would buy that.)

Service Plan. (I would avoid that, but thats just me.)

• Like 1

Thanks George,

Springs was the only thing they didn't mention it turns out then.

I think I made the right choices:

Mudflaps - declined (and front only offered)

Paint protection - declined - instead I am going to get a 'new car preparation detail' from a highly respected detailer on this forum.

GAP - accepted, but at £120 instead of the £400 it started at... :)

Warranty - think I will get this one, not decided 4 or 5 years yet

Service plan - comes free with the PCP (3 years)

I just wish it was here!!

Our Fabia was ordered on 7th Jan and we took delivery on 24th April (had a few extras) so 14 ish weeks from order to collection. Was originally advised 12 weeks, so not too far out.

• Like 1

ordered in Feb, still no build date :(

I had a phone call from Skoda, still no bulid date, ordered late march, told me that the factory would be building MY2014 from 24th of may so not they would phone me back then to advise on a build date!!

• Like 1

Just got word today that my vrs estate is being built next week and will arrive in the UK up to 3 weeks after that. Whether it will or not, we'll soon find out!

I ordered the day after Easter Sunday.

Ohh, I got a copy of my order sheet that the dealer sends off to skoda... It has certain priority status requests and mine was set to 'urgent'. Does anyone know if all dealers set the priority to urgent when a customer buys a car?

Just got word today that my vrs estate is being built next week and will arrive in the UK up to 3 weeks after that. Whether it will or not, we'll soon find out!

I ordered the day after Easter Sunday.

Ohh, I got a copy of my order sheet that the dealer sends off to skoda... It has certain priority status requests and mine was set to 'urgent'. Does anyone know if all dealers set the priority to urgent when a customer buys a car?

Dam that is fast :o

My car has been built and is en route to the port at Emden. Dealer said it can take up to two and a half weeks to ship though. I ordered at the beginning of March. The 11th I think.

Yay! Car arrives within the next 3 days :) dancer :) build week? What build week?! Lol

Could it be possible it is on the same boat as my vrs? Mine was built by last thurs.