Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

Should I make fuss over the extra delay and/or push for any 'compensation'?

why the hell not ;) at the end of the day their dragging their heels, ive waited 23 weeks so far and im asking soon, might pay for a service or something. Slowda need to get their act together and if they want to make happy drivers they should stick to what their dealers are quoting. greedy/missleading salesman are giving them a bad name and they need to know about it

I waited 24 weeks and got £150 compensation for a wait of more than 20 weeks. I am putting this money towards winter wheels/tyres. As far as I know if the wait goes beyond 30 weeks the compensation is £300. Don't know if these figures still apply. At any rate you should ask the dealer about compensation.

I waited 24 weeks and got £150 compensation for a wait of more than 20 weeks. I am putting this money towards winter wheels/tyres. As far as I know if the wait goes beyond 30 weeks the compensation is £300. Don't know if these figures still apply. At any rate you should ask the dealer about compensation.

I waited 35 weeks and received a £300 voucher to spend at the dealers, which I will use towards servicing.

I could have had £300 of Marks and Spencer vouchers but I never go there.

same here choice of £300 vouchers to spend at skoda or m&spencers (christmas presents maybe)

would of wanted price off the car but no chance

also £159 towards mot and service on the mx5 p/ex car(off the car price)

cars built and is somewhere dont ask me whereemoticon-0179-headbang.gifemoticon-0179-headbang.gifemoticon-0112-wondering.gifemoticon-0112-wondering.gif

*OUCH* We also ordered our 105SE DSG Est in January, she's been driving it for the last month now.

well done you emoticon-0148-yes.gif.emoticon-0132-envy.gifemoticon-0132-envy.gifemoticon-0132-envy.gifemoticon-0132-envy.gifemoticon-0132-envy.gif

but ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr for me

ours is an estate also cant see why the delay unless i upset someone complaining to anyone

including mr winkterton ceo vw group

the car best be super brill skoda has a lot to do win my custom AGAIN

and i felt kept in the dark being fed bullshine didnt help i came close to cancelling

its still a thought no car or delivery date next week and that could be the caseemoticon-0146-punch.gifemoticon-0179-headbang.gif

Edited by tofo

Well it's not actually my car, but I driven it quite a lot and have to say it's a little gem. The engine and ride in particular. It's quiet, smooth, plenty quick and steers prety good too. The handling is a bit on the soft side for me, but overall you will not get a better small estate for anywhere near this money (unless you can find a recent used Octavia of course)

Stick with it, it's not the dealers fault. (To be fair ours was pretty communicative)

Just spoke to Skoda UK as our dealership has been absolute useless at keeping us up to date. We now have it confirmed that our Fabia VRS will be built next week (week 38) and it should be with our dealership around October the 10th.

We ordered back in week 11 which was March so by the time we get the car it will be around a 30 week wait.

We've just ordered a Fabia 1.2 TDi Greenline II

Candy White with Domino Black Cloth interior

Ordered it yesterday... 9th April. Expected wait is 22 weeks.

I'm in no rush, I've gotta sell 4 cars before it arrives! :o

Ours has arrived! Bang on the original estimated delivery date.

Hopefully picking up mid week! B)

Just been informed by dealer car should be with them thurgy friday

Me i am not holding my breath

Just fed up with the whole thing i cant evan get excited now

next time i sign up for a new car I WILL ENTER A CLAUSE

Car will be delivered by this date or contract is cancelled

Edited by tofo

I've just had confirmation that my VRS is now in the UK so I should get delivery in the next couple of weeks. I'm going down to Devon on the 16th September so I'm keeping my fingures crossed that it will be here in time. I'm thinking of getting some some roof bars now for the my surfboard but I don't want to tempt fate.

Full spec is as follows:

Fabia Estate vRS in Black Magic Pearl Effect

Red vRS Upholstery

Gigaro Black Alloy Wheels

3 spoke Multi Function steering wheel

Bluetooth phone prep

Rear Parking sensors

Climate Control

Headlight washers

Curve projector Headlights

Rear electric windows

Glasses storage compartment

I just heard today that my car will be delivered to me on Thursday so I had better order up my roof rack :)

Lets just hope it's worth the wait!

I must be really lucky, i ordered a skoda fabia scout in white towards the end of august, originally given a estimate delivery date of 8 nov, i got email last week, car will be built 26th sept and i should get car early october

what shocked me though when i asked about a automatic fabia i got told 6 months wait

ordered a fabia 1.2 greenline Feb 7th on motability scheme have been told can pick up on Friday, dose anyone know if we get compensation with it being a motability car ? have waited 31 wks should have got it 1st week in may

I phoned SUK today to confirm if the car was still being built this week and they have confirmed that it is built and on its way. They reckon it will be with me mid October. Starting to get a little excited :)

Edited by Pacman70

Ordered jan 15 2011

Mine was built aug 28 th at dealers wed14 sep

picked it up today 17 sept at 14;00

Crawled back home from motorpoint kent dealer

through choked up dartford tunnel approach to the toll booths

Then along the a13 home to tilbury

Didnt get a chance to play trafic A blessed pain

There Was a silver vrs on the blocks waiting

And couple other new motors

Edited by tofo

hi . ordered fab. greenline II estate way back on 24th march. with a few extras: maxi dot, sunset glass, electric rear windows, parking sensors. It's now 17th september. STILL NO CAR !!! plus no build date. what is going on. if you are out there skoda uk do something fast or I will walk away. PS is this normal.PPS am new to briskoda, this is great. diggernator. Bolton

Has everyone had regular updates from their dealership to let them know about build week changes etc...???

I think from point of ordering back on the 19th March this year my dealer has contacted me twice... and I have had to contact the dealer to ask for the salesman to contact me both times. (And I had to ring two days running as apparently the message did not get to him)

My build date is next week and the salesman has not even had the courtesy to let me know. If I had not have spoken to Skoda UK then I would be none the wiser.

I think next time I order or look it WILL be at another Dealership!