VAG 170 PS Diesel Injector Failures - VOSA action

Mine's doing exactly the same thing, I did have the dpf light on, the day after the injectors were done, but I don't know if that was because I was in stop start traffic for a hour or so or if the dpf was playing up because the injectors had been just changed. Anyway I soon cleared the problem by going on the M69 and sitting at 60mph in 4th gear, light went off after about 5 mins.

I did have a new dpf sensor fitted last Jan because of dpf regen problems and never had a problem until I had my injectors replaced a couple of weeks ago, now it seems to be ticking over at 1000 rpm most of the time, even after my 20 mile each-way comute to work every day.

Mine's doing exactly the same thing, I did have the dpf light on, the day after the injectors were done, but I don't know if that was because I was in stop start traffic for a hour or so or if the dpf was playing up because the injectors had been just changed. Anyway I soon cleared the problem by going on the M69 and sitting at 60mph in 4th gear, light went off after about 5 mins.

I did have a new dpf sensor fitted last Jan because of dpf regen problems and never had a problem until I had my injectors replaced a couple of weeks ago, now it seems to be ticking over at 1000 rpm most of the time, even after my 20 mile each-way comute to work every day.

Dpf light on again, 2nd time in as many weeks, after not having seen the light on, for 12 months after having a new Dpf sensor.

About to head off, in the direction of the nearest motorway.....

I see lol

Not everyone knows I work at a main dealer, but why would I have put 20 sets of injectors in an MPI and what would that have to do with the price of fish?

Made me chuckle that..lol

You didn't say 20 sets of injectors just 20 sets, I thought you meant you'd done 20 runs on a full tank of fuel and found no problem with your mpg! It was a misunderstanding.

Been out this avo and mpg def down, I wonder if tuning would improve it or should I call main dealer?

Edited by Skoda convert

218efc9b.jpg

As posted earlier on in this thread the rocker arms that actuate the injectors have to be set correctly using a DTI. When the injector is fully compressed (so the roller is at the highest point of its travel) the adjusting screw is wound all the way down until it stops and then back 180 degrees.

Mines in next Tuesday (10th) for the said Injectors.

Do I mention this to the service manager about how they shoud be tightened or lets see what happens. I mean we don't want mere customers knowing more than the dealers do we!! emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Mine is going in on Friday. I WILL be telling them how to adjust them as to date they have been the worst dealership of any manufacturer i've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

In my experience if I customer comes in and starts trying to tell a dealer how to do anything it's going to get someone's back up. Even worse is if someone wades in telling someone this is how tech1e says to do it (ever wonder why I have had so many usernames?). So please don't

Every dealer has access to ElsaPro, on there are the full instructions on how to do the job with toolings etc, they should do the job to that routine.

The above info should be taken as it is meant, a helpful note to the owners that might wonder what goes on that is all. If the procedure on ELSA changes it will render the above out of date anyhow. I have to check back every job I do to check the procedure hasn't changed but I may not update this thread so don't treat it as gospel.

I'm taking mine to a non-Skoda dealership tomorrow for them to inspect some other things Skoda Preston identified as needing doing. I know I can trust this garage, had other work done there before and gonna ask them to check the injector adjustment as I've lost faith with Skoda dealer in Preston. Can Skoda recall work only be done by a main Skoda dealer or by any garage?

Edited by Skoda convert

Can Skoda recall work only be done by a main Skoda dealer or by any garage?

It's a Skoda recall so the work will only be paid for by Skoda UK through a franchised Skoda main dealer.

Back at work and first time on motorway since passing the controversial 150 miles and either forgotten how fast pick up speed is from 50 to 70mph in 4th or might be result of new injectors, either way to say car was quick would be an understatement! mpg over Christmas has been based on local runs (35'ish), from today I'll assess mpg on motorway to see if any better before I query it with Skoda dealer again.

218efc9b.jpg

As posted earlier on in this thread the rocker arms that actuate the injectors have to be set correctly using a DTI. When the injector is fully compressed (so the roller is at the highest point of its travel) the adjusting screw is wound all the way down until it stops and then back 180 degrees.

Do I reconise that motor there in the pic.?

For what its worth, mines runs, starts and goes wonderful after injectors. Knew she was in safe hands 111 :D

Latest news: new injectors have done total of 185 miles now. Driving back from work on motorway averaged 44.3mpg but took it steady, no heavy pedal stuff, just calm driving up to 70'ish - I can live with that. So maybe 35mpg is normal around town? I'll keep monitoring it.

Edited by Skoda convert

Driving back from work on motorway averaged 44.3mpg but took it steady, no heavy pedal stuff, just calm driving up to 70'ish - I can live with that. So maybe 35mpg is normal around town? I'll keep monitoring it.

I know fuel economy is hugely subjective but my 2007 2.0 PD170 vRS averages (Maxidot) 50-53MPG on a one hour 70mph motorway cruise so your MPG still looks a little low to me...