Shall we have a SMOC logo made?

I've tried on my iPhone too and here the image is just showing as a mass of black......

Now I thought DSS was getting there with a design?! Now AHarrold is saying he is doing three designs and ordering?! I'm confused now....

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've tried on my iPhone too and here the image is just showing as a mass of black......

Now I thought DSS was getting there with a design?! Now AHarrold is saying he is doing three designs and ordering?! I'm confused now....

Agreed, this is getting a bit messy and confusing. We seem to be spoilt for choice for a logo design and everyone has an opinion on which one they like best. So far we have had the foot design, the circular design and now the Yeti arms. Can we not decide on one final one by putting them to a vote?

Agreed, this is getting a bit messy and confusing. We seem to be spoilt for choice for a logo design and everyone has an opinion on which one they like best. So far we have had the foot design, the circular design and now the Yeti arms. Can we not decide on one final one by putting them to a vote?

I think that's what AHarrold has suggested ... going to show us 3 final mockups and see which we prefer.

I think that's what AHarrold has suggested ... going to show us 3 final mockups and see which we prefer.

I doubt it given that it was myself that provided the other mocks and AHarrolds post states...'Few other designs to follow, once I've got a few that everyone is happy they want one of I'll get them ordered. Looking at around 3 different designs, for window and paint application.'

I am more than happy that someone else is getting involved in the production of logo designs and I may be wrong but the post seems to suggest additional designs to the ones we already have.

No real need for a vote, the idea of a few designs is to keep everyone happy and allow them to hopefully get a design they personally like to display on their car, why settle for just one?

No real need for a vote, the idea of a few designs is to keep everyone happy and allow them to hopefully get a design they personally like to display on their car, why settle for just one?

Ok, now I am really confused. :doh: I was under the impression that we were designing a logo for a 'Snow Monsters Owners Club'? Off the top of my head I'm struggling to think of any organisations big or small that have more than one logo???

If all we are doing is putting together some fun designs for a club sticker or stickers then the 'why settle for one' thing makes perfect sense. :thumbup:

Ok, now I am really confused. :doh: I was under the impression that we were designing a logo for a 'Snow Monsters Owners Club'? Off the top of my head I'm struggling to think of any organisations big or small that have more than one logo???

If all we are doing is putting together some fun designs for a club sticker or stickers then the 'why settle for one' thing makes perfect sense. :thumbup:

Sorry for my confusion DDS, I should have looked back through the thread and seen that of course it was you showing us the range of designs ... we do seem to be getting in a tangle. I agree with you that the original intention was to design and have made a SMOC logo/badge, and that's still what I'd like. I'm happy with either the later 'foot' design (the one that had the smoc underneath) or the circular number (with a slight preference for the latter). Not interested at all in the picture of a Yeti cradling the original badge on the car.

Obviously some people may well like to have other stickers on their cars, and that's fine - their choice. But there's a difference between that and a group/club logo that we all subscribe to.

Sorry for my confusion DDS, I should have looked back through the thread and seen that of course it was you showing us the range of designs ... we do seem to be getting in a tangle. I agree with you that the original intention was to design and have made a SMOC logo/badge, and that's still what I'd like. I'm happy with either the later 'foot' design (the one that had the smoc underneath) or the circular number (with a slight preference for the latter). Not interested at all in the picture of a Yeti cradling the original badge on the car.

Obviously some people may well like to have other stickers on their cars, and that's fine - their choice. But there's a difference between that and a group/club logo that we all subscribe to.

Thanks very much for the clarification on this. I have still to provide a tweak to the circular design that someone previously requested. Once I have done this I will summarize all the design options that I have mocked. These could then be considered by all of us alongside any other submissions from AHarrold etc.

Consider me out of the equation. Too many cooks spoil the broth and all that. I'll inform my supplier to stop on the designs.

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Please don't do that. As stated let's get all the designs on the table and I'll start a new thread with a poll. Better have everything out to make voting fair. THEN we deal with your or a supplier etc. Only fair. We don't want anyone's design dismissed outright or have anyone feel that they did not have a say.

We might not get a definitive answer (after a vote in a poll) but we cross that bridge when we get there. Not before.

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Please don't do that. As stated let's get all the designs on the table and I'll start a new thread with a poll. Better have everything out to make voting fair. THEN we deal with your or a supplier etc. Only fair. We don't want anyone's design dismissed outright or have anyone feel that they did not have a say.

We might not get a definitive answer (after a vote in a poll) but we cross that bridge when we get there. Not before.

I AGREE

The foot rules! As said yonks ago. Blue background. The only question is left or right footed!

Left foot is always good - as the saying goes, "Step off with your left foot...." ;) or is that Squaddie terminology!?

brismoc.jpg

I'm afraid again it is just a red X. What sort of image is it? Is it a standard JPG?