Shall we have a SMOC logo made?

Still watching the chimney - can we expect any white smoke soon?

If we do, will it be the burning of all the old designs that you have rejected or a sign that a decision has been made?

I've made it to PAGE 6

Edited by Terfyn

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Getting better all the time. B)

Agreed! I like this Briskoda version! But I'm happy also with the simple font you are using. One thing: I prefer the Briskoda.net aligned to the right under the smoc as you've had it before. :rofl:

And one more thing. Remember that the grey in this sticker will be clear, so anyone that does not like the words SMOC, or whatever can just cut that bit off the sticker and only use the round bit...

I've made it to PAGE 6

hehehe That is only the case if you have your settings set in such a way that you see very few posts per page!

http://briskoda.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=forums

Mine is set to 40 so this thread has only just got to page 3!

As to a decision: perfection takes time to create! Patience!

Still watching the chimney - can we expect any white smoke soon?

If we do, will it be the burning of all the old designs that you have rejected or a sign that a decision has been made?

I've made it to PAGE 6

:giggle:

Hopefully! I think we are almost there. :)

A version to match the Briskoda logo...

smoc_option04.png

If we wanted to go down this route then I would like to see what it looked like with the SMOC and Briskoda.net text in the site's own font style rather than using VAG.

Love it!

A version to match the Briskoda logo...

smoc_option04.png

If we wanted to go down this route then I would like to see what it looked like with the SMOC and Briskoda.net text in the site's own font style rather than using VAG.

Nice, my favorite so far.

dds, thanx for your hard work on this. i am sure we all appreciate it.

could you do just a tiny ickle bit more? please?

i reckon the circular logo alone would do the job nicely.

my suggestion would be to incorporate the SMOC centrally in the top of the green ring so it follows the curve, or on the edge of the black background, again so it follows the curve.

and do the same with the Briskoda text around the bottom.

like the angle of the foot though, IIRC it's the same as in the original skoda brochure ?

Nice, my favorite so far.

dds, thanx for your hard work on this. i am sure we all appreciate it.

could you do just a tiny ickle bit more? please?

i reckon the circular logo alone would do the job nicely.

my suggestion would be to incorporate the SMOC centrally in the top of the green ring so it follows the curve, or on the edge of the black background, again so it follows the curve.

and do the same with the Briskoda text around the bottom.

like the angle of the foot though, IIRC it's the same as in the original skoda brochure ?

Now that is a clever idea ... and add my thanks to the clever fella doing all the hard work!

Sorry not been able to mock up any more of the ideas, been crazy busy at work. Will hopefully get some free time over the next couple of days.

Everyone seems to like the look of the design that mimics the briskoda logo. My concern with this style of logo would be that it looks good on screen but as a vinyl sticker it might not look quite as strong. This is the main reason that my initial suggested designs were simple single colour designs that are easy to reproduce as low cost stickers.

I'll have a go at doing the version with the words incorporated into the green ring. My concern with this is that the width of the green circles will probably need to be increased to accommodate a reasonable size of text. I do think that it is worth mocking and it might work.

As for the Russian club sticker with his arms wrapped around the badge. Each to their own but I like clean and simple design and this is a bit tacky in my opinion and is not something I would be happy to display on my car.

Edited by dds

Sorry not been able to mock up any more of the ideas, been crazy busy at work. Will hopefully get some free time over the next couple of days.

Everyone seems to like the look of the design that mimics the briskoda logo. My concern with this style of logo would be that it looks good on screen but as a vinyl sticker it might not look quite as strong. This is the main reason that my initial suggested designs were simple single colour designs that are easy to reproduce as low cost stickers.

I'll have a go at doing the version with the words incorporated into the green ring. My concern with this is that the width of the green circles will probably need to be increased to accommodate a reasonable size of text. I do think that it is worth mocking and it might work.

As for the Russian club sticker with his arms wrapped around the badge. Each to their own but I like clean and simple design and this is a bit tacky in my opinion and is not something I would be happy to display on my car.

I agree with you. a bigfoot is better sign for Yeti 's logo design.

I feel another logo design maybe more artistic,and close to some options above,although the foot is looks not big enough for a Snow Monster.

:giggle:;)

My link

Edited by XueRen

I agree with you. a bigfoot is better sign for Yeti 's logo design.

I feel another logo design maybe more artistic,and close to some options above,although the foot is looks not big enough for a Snow Monster.

:giggle:;)

My link

But, but, but... that design on that website shows a HUMAN foot with five toes!!!! Eeck! Yetis seem to have only four toes! :giggle: And I've done a thread before on an easy option with Yeti stickers:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/189483-smoc-logo-t-shirt-and-car-sticker/

But, but, but... that design on that website shows a HUMAN foot with five toes!!!! Eeck! Yetis seem to have only four toes! :giggle: And I've done a thread before on an easy option with Yeti stickers:

I've never seen that thread...am liking the t-shirt :thumbup:

I've never seen that thread...am liking the t-shirt :thumbup:

Bless! They do TONS of Yeti, Big Foot stuff:

http://shop.cafepress.co.uk/yeti

http://shop.cafepress.co.uk/big-foot

And I've worn my Yeti T-shirt at every Yeti Adventure thus far. Sometimes hidden behind lots of cold weather gear though!

imgp7349.jpg

My only thought on this (as an IT weirdo) is that if you aren't careful people will mix it up with the "Gnome" Logo which is also a 4 toed footprint.

Hands up all those that knew what a gnome logo was :D

My only thought on this (as an IT weirdo) is that if you aren't careful people will mix it up with the "Gnome" Logo which is also a 4 toed footprint.

Hands up all those that knew what a gnome logo was :D

Well I did know about it... and looking at it it has a clear G in the footprint! :giggle: So no confusion then!

I also noticed the Yeti logos on the T-shirt website also has five toes... so maybe the Yeti is more human than I gave him credit for!

This is my idea. Simple. Yeti foot + smoc + Skoda identifier.

skoda007pr.jpg

Apologies for the rough edges. It's a "paint" lash up.

Compare it to the yeti foot in the brochures and it's very similar.

Yes, I know the font is probably wrong... refer to apology above. :D

Come back from a couple of weeks off and find 'all change' What happened to the foot?

Chris.

Call me picky and maybe this has been discussed before but didn't the yeti have 5 toes? :wonder:

Perhaps I've missed the reason somewhere along the way but I am sure someone will put me right ;)

YETI_MONST_BRI_001.jpg

Image just shows up as a red cross I'm afraid. Is it set to private or something on Photobucket?

Image just shows up as a red cross I'm afraid. Is it set to private or something on Photobucket?

The image displays fine for me.

It has been done very well but I personally don't want a picture of a snow monster stuck to the back of my car although others do appear to be keen on this design.

The image displays fine for me.

It has been done very well but I personally don't want a picture of a snow monster stuck to the back of my car although others do appear to be keen on this design.

Few other designs to follow, once I've got a few that everyone is happy they want one of I'll get them ordered.

Looking at around 3 different designs, for window and paint application.