vat

been to my dealer today and he said that the vat has finished today hes just sold 3 cars today but he said its realy monday but if he takes enymore

orders he still can't order them because its bank hoilday so thats it no more vat off

Hope my dealer has the foresight to get my order in on Thursday. They told me last day of the Vat offer was May 2nd and I didn't realise it was a bank holiday. I did tell them to leave it as late as possible because I want it ready September time. Starting to worry a bit now :(

Noticed a tab on the Finance page of Skoda (UK)'s website marked - 'pay only 5% VAT' - which when clicked takes you to the current no VAT details.

Think this could be the next offer from 3rd. May ............???

Alan

Edited by aak

I ordered via drivethedeal as my local dealer wasn't taking orders after 3pm Thursday. I had a call from them yesterday to say that they would let me know Tuesday whether they would be able to honour the deal. They aren't passing my order to the dealer until Tuesday. Have ordered a fabia vrs in racing blue. Told it will be a 6 month wait. No worries - gives me time to get some pennies together.

Lol, I found that tab as well. Says they are offering 5%, then when you go in there it still claims VAT free.

Guess the site must be in a transition, albeit a live one :rofl:

If you've missed the boat this time I shouldnt worry too much. Killing the VAT deal will hurt sales, Skoda have to offer big discounts to shift the volume they do thats how they turn a profit, selling many for less. I think its been done purely so they can deal with their overflowing order books as the situation has become rather daft. Give it 6 months it will be back on; though i'll personally be surprised if the Fabia vRS rejoins the deal.

If you've missed the boat this time I shouldnt worry too much. Killing the VAT deal will hurt sales, Skoda have to offer big discounts to shift the volume they do thats how they turn a profit, selling many for less. I think its been done purely so they can deal with their overflowing order books as the situation has become rather daft. Give it 6 months it will be back on; though i'll personally be surprised if the Fabia vRS rejoins the deal.

Instead of a huge discount, why don't they just reduce the price of the cars in the first place =/?

Or could just get a second hand one... OK so it's not new, but no silly wait and car is slightly used :D

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i want all my options :D Im fussy! its my first new car and want it exactly the way I want it :D sounds daft but meh.. im daft :p