Remapped Vrs vs Cooper S

You can get a good 30-40 bhp and even a few extra torques emoticon-0178-rock.gif [lol] quite easily really, but its the improved driveability with a Hondata k-pro ecu dropping the vtec to around 4k .... add that to a de-cat 4-2-1 manifold, 2.5' exh system,and decent air intake and finally a decent custom map you get a totally different beast for just over a grand @ 2nd hand prices from ctr forum [and you can still sell the bits on again afterwards for similar £ !! ] emoticon-0148-yes.gif not that im slating a Vrs as thats what im driving nowadays of cause and its a decent little motor emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Lol, I didn't literally mean spending thousands for a few bhp, just trying to say that 2.0 vtec engine has already been max tuned. You can't get much more out of it like a re-map for a fabia vrs.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesnt matter, what you drive. Its always 90% driver 10% car, the most ham fisted and useless drivers will make some of the best machinery look shocking! As said before racing on motorways and dual carriageways is one thing. But around twisties and track days saughts the wheat from the chav! The best modification you can do is to your self get some proffesional driving lessons on a track and invest in the best machine. You! :thumbup:

Edited by TorqueXIsXCheap

its just most of the people that drive type r's are cocks

Ahem!!!

Remapped vRS against a Type R is pretty close up to 80, then as the VRS runs out off poof, off goes to civic, but one corner and the Type R is gone big time, no matter how stiff your rear ARB is.

Edited by VRS Goldie Jon

why do people always moan about these type of theads?? i love um, any experiance people have whilst on the road should be able to discuse freely on here its all part of the fun!keep um comin i say

Its because of people look down on these and its turns Brisk into a bit of a chav forum, street racing etc. It always ends up with a couple of keyboard warriors arguing then a post explaining that they have beaten a 400bhp Evo in their remapped vRS and then put their flamer kits on at 160mph and let that do that talking. (If anyone remembers that from a year ago)

Hi all, first post, be gentle!

I've just gone from a stock 02 plate Cooper S to remapped 06 Fabia Vrs (170-ish I think) back in March and I have to say that once out of first gear the Cooper S felt much slower unless it was wound up above 4500 rpm. It's mainly due to the torque obviously, but I'd definitely say the VRS feels much quicker than the Mini did!

Obviously corners are a whole different ball game! I do miss the supercharger whine a lot though... But definitely not the 250 miles to a tank!

My previous car was a celtic tuned Fabia and My sister in law had a cooper S (06 plate).

If I had say at starting speed - id pull a car length to 90 ish

If my bro had say he pulled car length...

Other than that, very little in it.

Very well matched in that situation (mapped vs. std) but the mini was awesome going round stuff. The Fab wasnt...

lol

whatever happens you'd just better hope you dont run into a ctr with a jrsc and theres plenty of em around at present, i know of 3 locally...

lol

whatever happens you'd just better hope you dont run into a ctr with a jrsc and theres plenty of em around at present, i know of 3 locally...

At £3000 for 100 bhp it's not going to be overly common...

I hate the vrs vs type r crap, who gives a stuff you could make a Robin reliant faster than a vrs if you wanted to, end of the day you should only compare stock to stock or mapped to mapped otherwise it's a pointless topic, I used to think these threads were ok and didn't know why people were moaning about them, I do now, just from the sheer pointlessness of what your talking about, racing should be done on a track, so if your thinking is my car faster, think is it faster on a track and not just in a straight line! Any way stuff the lot of you, my kubota tractor with it's 4 wheel drive and it's adjustable cutting deck will cut grass better that a vrs, sure you could spend money on a cutting deck for the vrs but my kubota wins hands down! That's how I roll mother truckers, and if I wanna go crazy I'll cut on my stiga park 110, with 3 blades and scissor steering it can out turn the fabia any day, all run on diesel,

I hate the vrs vs type r crap, who gives a stuff you could make a Robin reliant faster than a vrs if you wanted to, end of the day you should only compare stock to stock or mapped to mapped otherwise it's a pointless topic, I used to think these threads were ok and didn't know why people were moaning about them, I do now, just from the sheer pointlessness of what your talking about, racing should be done on a track, so if your thinking is my car faster, think is it faster on a track and not just in a straight line! Any way stuff the lot of you, my kubota tractor with it's 4 wheel drive and it's adjustable cutting deck will cut grass better that a vrs, sure you could spend money on a cutting deck for the vrs but my kubota wins hands down! That's how I roll mother truckers, and if I wanna go crazy I'll cut on my stiga park 110, with 3 blades and scissor steering it can out turn the fabia any day, all run on diesel,

Are they remapped? If not my grans mobility scooter will dust it. If it is i don't stand a chance

lol emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

i shouldn't take the bate and get involved myself really i should no better at 30... emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

P.S Ive enjoyed driving both so im happy emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Edited by MarkMac

end of the day you should only compare stock to stock or mapped to mapped otherwise it's a pointless topic

Why? If you want to know if a remapped Fabia can out-drag a stock Type-R then I'd say it's a perfectly to-the-point topic? In fact I'd think it's the ideal topic for answering the original question.

If you've spent 6k modifying your Fabia and want to know if it's quicker then a stock Focus ST, then surely you try and find out if it's quicker than a stock ST, not decide it's pointless unless you compare it to a heavily tuned one?

I honestly don't understand why it's pointless to want to know how your car compares to another, stock or otherwise? In fact I think there's more of a point to find out if your cheap car with a small added cost of a remap is similar to a more expensive car 'straight out of the box' than to whether it is comparable to a more expensive car with even more expense shelled out to modify it.

I honestly don't understand why it's pointless to want to know how your car compares to another, stock or otherwise? In fact I think there's more of a point to find out if your cheap car with a small added cost of a remap is similar to a more expensive car 'straight out of the box' than to whether it is comparable to a more expensive car with even more expense shelled out to modify it.

:thumbup: Not to forget the maintenance costs too.

Right but the more "expensive" car needs very little work to get it to go faster again, I stress that racing should be done on the track any way so by the time you've sorted out the suspension, roll bar, shocks, bushes, remap, the inevitable performance clutch your going to need, the brakes. All this to keep up with a stock car on the tracks. I love my fabia it's fun, but why this thread is pointless is because the fast and furious race that was discussed was not on a track never mind illegal, but also my kubota tractor is blindly faster than every car ever made or will ever be made plus my penis is bigger than yours, my dads harder than yours, and I'm bloody stunning, I thought I would just end operation for gone conclusion to it turning into another penis waving challenge.

...but also my kubota tractor is blindly faster than every car ever made or will ever be made plus my penis is bigger than yours, my dads harder than yours, and I'm bloody stunning

:rofl::rofl::rofl::D:D:D

Why? If you want to know if a remapped Fabia can out-drag a stock Type-R then I'd say it's a perfectly to-the-point topic? In fact I'd think it's the ideal topic for answering the original question.

If you've spent 6k modifying your Fabia and want to know if it's quicker then a stock Focus ST, then surely you try and find out if it's quicker than a stock ST, not decide it's pointless unless you compare it to a heavily tuned one?

:thumbup: Not to forget the maintenance costs too.

No problem in my eyes putting up std. vs. mapped.

Its purely looking at what is capable...

Where would you stop on this point? Only compare cars of similar power, weight, drag coefficient etc...? I can always change all of them on my car etc etc !!!

If you dont get on with this type of topic - may sound harsh but you know what to do... :thumbup:

As for the holier than thou comment about racing/track etc. - part of me agrees but then most of me doesn't - do you know where this occured? No. Do you know the conditions it occurred? No.

My 2p...

Sit back...

Again it really does not matter as i have larger harder faster bits than every one... wait not faster, i ment, ahh ive exposed my downfall. Fair enough sonic everyones allowed there pov but the pov of this site on these topics are......

Oh and for me not knowing where this took place....

"But yesterday i came up next to a mini cooper s the supercharged one. And i actually beat it and was still pulling away"

mmmm now then, unless he had to divert around a race track to get where he wanted (which i feel is highley unlikely) i think this might just give me a valid reason to thinking this was taken place on a public road.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's sensible to race people on public roads, but I really can't see the problem with this thread. I'm no boy racer, far from it, but you know what it's like when some muppet drives up your backside.

I had it happen to me tonight, a lad in a Honda Accord with the bright blue ligthts, the noisiest exhaust, etc. We stopped at traffice lights approaching a dual carriage-way and he wanted to undertake me, so I booted it to 80 leaving him way behind, then pulled over and let him catch up and pass me. I made my point.

Does it make me big and clever? No. Does it make me more of a man? No. Does it mean my Dad is harder than his Dad? Yeah, probably :p Am I interested how my car performs in relation to other cars that are standard or modified? Yes I guess so.

Like I said, boy racers bombing around on public roads are stupid and dangerous. This doesn't mean the OP or other people contributing to a thread like this are the same.

Speaking as an oldie there tend to be some of us which want to ‘test out’ our cars and others that could do the same but don’t. My business partner simply gets on with slower careful driving even though he rode mega quick bikes when younger. I have this annoying habit of always wanting to be in front to look at the scenery. My wife finds it annoying when I go into ‘boy racer mode’ so I drive less a lot less aggressively with passengers in the car.

I put any racing instinct in me down to a fast metabolism. I was called ‘mildly manic’ when I was a lot younger and was the fastest guy in West Kent for the 100 metre sprint when I was a teenager. Be that as it may my rule of thumb is keep quite well behind the car in front, stay on a 50-60 mph cruse control or 3rd gear in a 30 zone etc for the bulk of the time but ‘go for it’, when there is an opening, because otherwise what is the point of having a remap? I have been on a driver's awareness course and that was very good for me. So I think we have to be very judicious with racing on the public highway otherwise it encourages the blue lights.