Roof aerial for Fabia

I like the aerial from the new Polo.

I tried to get a genuine one but the VW parts bod said they only come with the base @ £180.

I believe the 2012 MY Fabia will have a shorter aerial as standard?

Part number is 6RO 035 849 for the polo aerial and costs about £13

Part number is 6RO 035 849 for the polo aerial and costs about £13

Thanks for the info though I may leave it now as the MK2 vRS is imminent!

I ended up getting the 'Viper' labelled model from Amazon. Works well. It comes with two threaded connections and will work with most cars. VW group use 5 mm thread. Most French cars use 6 mm apparently.

I ended up getting the 'Viper' labelled model from Amazon. Works well. It comes with two threaded connections and will work with most cars. VW group use 5 mm thread. Most French cars use 6 mm apparently.

hi rkenny i would like one would it fit the roomster and if i go to the vw dealer will they sell it to you thanks pete

Yes bripete it should fit the Roomster. I got mine from Amazon. VW dealers don't supply this aerial I don't think.

Yes bripete it should fit the Roomster. I got mine from Amazon. VW dealers don't supply this aerial I don't think.

ok thanks aim having a rear spoiler fitted on the roomster and would look good with the stubby aerial pete

My stubby aerial

aerial2.jpg

Bought it from OEM-Aerial-Sharan-Ibiza-Skoda-Golf-VW-/220789579924?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item336815a094'>HERE. Radio quality is unaffected for me, I can still listen to Radio 1, Heart or radio five live :thumbup:

Wow that's what I call a stubby aerial are you sure radio quality unaffected?

Wow that's what I call a stubby aerial are you sure radio quality unaffected?

To be honest I don't listen to the radio much but as far as I can tell it's fine, will try and get a video of the quality with the aerial :thumbup:

To be honest I don't listen to the radio much but as far as I can tell it's fine, will try and get a video of the quality with the aerial :thumbup:

Thank for that, I've the sat nav fin on roof so it should fit and not be much longer than that

My stubby aerial

Bought it from HERE. Radio quality is unaffected for me, I can still listen to Radio 1, Heart or radio five live :thumbup:

Cheers for that, just ordered me one :)