Shark group buy

Need 30+ people for shark group buy  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a shark performance group buy?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardon me for presuming but if the same discount were to be applied but not taking an STS i.e £150 to a normal stage 1 remap for a vrs tfsi normally £449 then £299 minus freedom 10% £29.90 = £269.10. if so then I'm sure you will be a very busy man! As I say I am presuming so if I'm talking out my hat then sorry

Post the provisional prices please.

+1.

Need to get a quote from my insurer! Asked a couple of months ago & they wanted an extra £110. Need to add it all up!

Post the provisional prices please.

Prices for the maps can be found above, if people are interested in the price without an STS then we would need to confirm interest first and then publish a fixed price depending on interest :thumbup:

It looked like a half and half to me.

So we've confirmed that with 30 people we get an STS for free. Now we need to confirm exactly who wants what. Perhaps another poll needs to be started. If noone does it tonight il do it first thing tomo as I'm on the iPhone. Ben could you first of all detail the discount available on the map without STS that way I can list the prices in the poll.

No you don't need another poll ........ what you need is a group buy starting up (in the correct sub forum) which included the total price of each and every car/engine so members can either fully commit to the GB or not.

Looks like my insurer (admiral) won't actually insure me unless skoda did the remap. How much does that suck! Maybe I can just get the box then and wait till next year to change insurer to someone that will cover me. This is so rubbish

Looks like my insurer (admiral) won't actually insure me unless skoda did the remap. How much does that suck! Maybe I can just get the box then and wait till next year to change insurer to someone that will cover me. This is so rubbish

Are you sure about this?

I've been with Admiral for two years now.

Last year I called them as I was looking at remapping my car.

They said no problem and asked what the new bhp would be.

Would cost me around £40 more to have the remap.

I guess Admiral may have changed their T&C's over the past year or so - but worth confirming.

I'd do that mate. After all you have paid the money and Ben will email you the map so as long as you don't lose it, you will be fine

The call centre girl confirmed this morning, I will check again when it comes to purchasing the map because I want 250+ bhp and more torque. Just waiting to see if Ben will start a group buy thread with all the confirmed discounts based on our 30+ interested members.

What the girl did say was that a 25% increase in bhp means an increase of £400 to my premium as long as it was done by skoda.

Maps are almost untraceable and if you crash your car I doubt the insurance assesor will come with an ecu plug in to see if it's been mapped. If you're that concerned, get the map removed to standard in the case of an accident.

Your call...

'small print' - I do not condone giving false information to insurance companies

The call centre girl confirmed this morning, I will check again when it comes to purchasing the map because I want 250+ bhp and more torque. Just waiting to see if Ben will start a group buy thread with all the confirmed discounts based on our 30+ interested members.

What the girl did say was that a 25% increase in bhp means an increase of £400 to my premium as long as it was done by skoda.

£400, blimey that's quite a bit. Mines up for renewal soonish so I hope its not much of a hike. My main aim is economy with a little bit extra for the odd occasion I might get to overtake on my route to work