Richard's 09 mkI VRS SE. (and others)

BossFox

Using Fuelly I've worked out my economy over the whole of the last tank.

Averaged 54mpg over 502 miles. That was not driving as economically as I do in the Greenline II.

Simply amazing given the performance. :)

I've put this in the Fabia I section, but as it's about my car I thought I'd put it here too...

Had a couple of goes at a standing start today as I had the chance to use a bit of private road.

Too good an opertunity to miss. :D

It certainly shifts.

Still need a bit of practive though.

• Like 2

MOTHER.

OF.

GOD.

looks like £'s (or maybe £££££££££££'s) well spent.

Double the power plus a bit more is insane! :D

No wonder you had to have to go down the 888 and LSD route.

Guest BigJase88

quite possibly the ultimate fabia vrs?

needs some work on the front end, big mouth and stock plate just looks wrong...

needs the crash bar putting back on and a sticker plate

looks 10x better

a little bit more lower would be nice too, and are the tires 205/40's? look a little chunky?

intercoolerclean007.jpg

quite possibly the ultimate fabia vrs?

needs some work on the front end, big mouth and stock plate just looks wrong...

needs the crash bar putting back on and a sticker plate

looks 10x better

a little bit more lower would be nice too, and are the tires 205/40's? look a little chunky?

Yes running standard size tyres, trying to keep it looking roughly normal height. Agree on the plate though, but undecided what to do there. Don't want to look too out of the ordinary.

Other than the wider air intake and big brakes I'm still fairly standard looking.

As for ultimate Fabia VRS... :giggle: I'm sure there are some other pretty tasty ones around. Seen a few on Briskoda for sure.

Morning Kevin,

Not too sure as I fluffed the change from 1st to 2nd a bit and hit the rev limiter.

Anyway, as you can tell I'm VERY pleased with the work you've done.

Hoping to pop back up soon as per my email... :)

Nice to see you check the forums too. :thumbup:

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant work. Love the fact it's SE #201, but on an 09-plate :D

Just the way I'd have approached it too.... given the money emoticon-0103-cool.gif

I personally like the fact that the plate is still centrally mounted, doesn't make the 'big mouth' as obvious - which in my book is a good thing :yes:

Went to Santa Pod today for the first time ever and my first time on a track.

Fairly quiet so got a few good runs in on the quarter mile.

Screwed the first start up due to nerves, then smoked off two TVRs (Chimera and Tuscan) plus gave a Focus RS in Lime Green a good pasting by about four car lengths. B)

Closest one was against a V8 Trans Am with a roll cage and rather large rear tyres. Like all the other rear drive cars he did a burn out while I just pottered up to the line in my diesel Skoda... then I beat him by three thousands of a second! :giggle::dance:

I did lose to a little track thing though, and the same TVR Tuscan when I fumbled my first start. Was good to race him right afterwards and then win.

Best time of the day was when I ran alone. Think I got distracted when I was racing, as they were usually 1 hundredth of a second slower at around 13.7 secs.

santapod9thjuly11.jpg

santapod1.jpg

santapod2.jpg

Just got to resist the urge to strip the back seats out now! :D

did you beat the focus?? lol

see it now lol good work!! :) thats what i love the focus has more power but you still whopped it :) must be a good feeling rolling up to the line and the guy next to you has no idea what you are running lol

Edited by wilsy7

did you beat the focus?? lol

see it now lol good work!! :) thats what i love the focus has more power but you still whopped it :) must be a good feeling rolling up to the line and the guy next to you has no idea what you are running lol

Funny enough, I believe a standard Focus RS has slightly less BHP per kg than my Fabia... but it has noticably less torque. Once I got into third I started to pull away quite well.

I have to admit to going a bit bonkers in the car when I got a comfortable win though. :party: