Richard's 09 mkI VRS SE. (and others)

BossFox

:o if I had known you had such a spec'd up se I'd have walked to Santa pod. I thought you was just a yeti owner or something. Love the car!

You mean you never saw this thread before?

And yes, we do own a Yeti. :thumbup::giggle:

Nice work emoticon-0103-cool.gif

Was the FRS owner a little surprised? Did an after-run chat take place? :D

Yes, it went something like this:

Me: "Is your RS standard?"

FRS Driver: "Yes, what have you got in that!"

Me: "1.9 TDI Skoda diesel"

FRS Driver: ""£$%%&&@!, obviously not standard then!"

• Like 1

:o if I had known you had such a spec'd up se I'd have walked to Santa pod. I thought you was just a yeti owner or something. Love the car!

I've told you like 3675832532 times...

Yes, it went something like this:

Me: "Is your RS standard?"

FRS Driver: "Yes, what have you got in that!"

Me: "1.9 TDI Skoda diesel"

FRS Driver: ""£$%%&&@!, obviously not standard then!"

I would have laughed if his RS wasnt standard!! :rofl:

You: "Is your RS standard??!"

FRS Driver "It is now......"

It's finally clean. Very clean. :yes:

cleanfabia.jpg

Not done by me though, busy at work. (and I'm no where near that good!)

Done by Rob @ Gleam Machine from detailingworld forum. :thumbup:

Very happy with it, looks the business... just started raining a bit though. :(

Ahh! So it was yours :)

Saw it on Gleam's Twitter feed, and did reply asking if it was Brisky person! Didn't look closely enough at the tweeted image to spot the 888s though emoticon-0103-cool.gif

Some more pictures...

fabvrs011.jpg

fabvrs019.jpg

fabvrs008.jpg

fabvrs014.jpg

:o if I had known you had such a spec'd up se I'd have walked to Santa pod. I thought you was just a yeti owner or something.

And one just for Ross... :giggle:

yetir.jpg

That is looking fantastic :thumbup:B)

I'm liking the ride height too, not a massive fan of the sat on its arse look. Would you mind measuring from the centre of the wheel to the bottom of the arch, front and rear please? :)

Would you mind measuring from the centre of the wheel to the bottom of the arch, front and rear please? :)

I'll measure it tonight when I get home.

Thanks for all the comments guys. :thumbup:

Nice to be able to share with like minded enthusiasts.

Finally a fabia thats not decked on its arse. Looks spot on mate proper OEM ride height. What suspension does it have! :thumbup:

KW Coilover V3.

I'm liking the ride height too, not a massive fan of the sat on its arse look. Would you mind measuring from the centre of the wheel to the bottom of the arch, front and rear please? :)

33cm exactly, back and front. Both the same.

Can I have my eyeballs back please???? B) B) B) Thats just a wee bit toooooo shiny :giggle: :giggle:

Are those fronts 312mm size discs?? and whats the rears?? standard??? don't look big enough to be 256mm upgrades??

Octi spiders those are 17"? are they???......look so much better than what Skoda fitted...yet OEM!!!

Don't drop it any more as it looks OEM ish .....and your newer exhaust tips lok better than the ones in the first pics!

FORD RS = Found Ordinary on Racing Dragstrip by Racing Skoda

Ford RS driver "I've spent nearly £30K in a car that is from a long rally breed and will bet anything down a twisty road"

Fabia driver "I've spent at least £10k less than you on a tuned Skoda Fabia which comes from a longer rallying background, has FWD like yours and about the same BHP as yours and dosn't shout NICK ME".. :p :p

Ford RS driver " Yeah right I'll race you at Santa Pod"

Fabia driver "Yeah whatever"

Later on

Ford RS driver....."you can't do that...thats cheating..I want to look at that engine!..........I fluffed a gearchange....I didn't want to raz it as I'm still bedding the engine in......I was admiring the scenery"

Fabia Driver "yeah whatever,.....does this face look bothered?" :giggle:

Are those fronts 312mm size discs?? and whats the rears?? standard??? don't look big enough to be 256mm upgrades??

Octi spiders those are 17"? are they???......look so much better than what Skoda fitted...yet OEM!!!

Don't drop it any more as it looks OEM ish .....and your newer exhaust tips lok better than the ones in the first pics!

The fronts are Bembro 323mm I believe. The backs are standard. As the rear is a lot lighter than the front I was advised that upgrading the rears was not really needed.

Yes, 17" spiders as I was trying to keep it looking as standard as possible. :thumbup:

It's the same exhaust... it's just a lot cleaner! :D

The sweetener was that the Skoda does all this while returning twice the mpg of the FRS... according to the owner of the FRS. He averages 25mpg, on a good day.