Richard's 09 mkI VRS SE. (and others)

BossFox

I had a set on one of the Fabias, but didn't think they worked style-wise on the Fabia personally - spokes are too thin.

They are very light though emoticon-0148-yes.gif

If they look bad I'll have to go to plan B, which I haven't thought about yet...

Need to source a decent light alloy that does look OK.

The Spiders look good for a subtle car, but the vibration with the spacers on gives me a rather sore wrist at track days due to the vibration, so something has got to change.

Other thoughts: TD Pro Race, but a bit boring and fairly common

Compomotive and Speedline are worth a look certainly. My Speedline Turini are under 10Kg a wheel (ex tyre), for an 8x18.

For the Fab, if I were doing it again, I'd go Comp MO-5 or 6 emoticon-0103-cool.gif

Oh dear, the old Brembo spoke clearance issue again then. Yeah, looks like the Ultraleg spokes don't deviate out much from the hub. Shame...

Another good point on the Compomotive is that they're made to spec, so you can get the wheel width and offset to suit.

I'd talk to Reyland Motorsport, or Comp direct :thumbup:

What is frustrating is that it only needs about 2mm less offset. 3mm to be on the safe side.

But they don't custom make.

Team Dynamics and (as you say) Compomotive do...

But I need to find the Bembro clearence information to get a set made up.

Edit:

Got it off the Jabbasport website. :thumbup:

skodafabiabremboinfo.jpg

hasn't Jason got LCR Brembos and Ultraleggeras on his Fabia, without spacers? might be worth a PM? although they might be Superleggeras(?)

They are Superleggeras.

No longer make them and 2nd hand (like on ebay) I have reservations due to buckled/condition.

Compomotive are seeing if they can make something to fit without changing the offset too much as I don't want sticky out wheels. It'll do for now and remove this wheel wobble at high speed that's rather uncomfortable.

Compomotive are seeing if they can make something to fit without changing the offset too much as I don't want sticky out wheels. It'll do for now and remove this wheel wobble at high speed that's rather uncomfortable.

I have TD Prorace five spokes (model 3??).....very good caliper clearence (masses of space for standard caliper on a 15" x 7" 37mm et).....give them a phone B)

I have TD Prorace five spokes (model 3??).....very good caliper clearence (masses of space for standard caliper on a 15" x 7" 37mm et).....give them a phone B)

I phoned Team Dynamics and they put me in touch with Rochford Tyres, my local distributer.

I will never in all my life ever deal with anyone so unhelpful, sharp and straight to the point.

Team Dynamics told me they can do special fitments.

Rochford Tyres will not look at the dimensions I have from Brembo, won't do special fitments and won't guarentee fitment.

They only want to sell an off the shelf fitment and my impression of them is abolutely terrible. Will avoid.

I phoned Team Dynamics and they put me in touch with Rochford Tyres, my local distributer.

I will never in all my life ever deal with anyone so unhelpful, sharp and straight to the point.

Team Dynamics told me they can do special fitments.

Rochford Tyres will not look at the dimensions I have from Brembo, won't do special fitments and won't guarentee fitment.

They only want to sell an off the shelf fitment and my impression of them is abolutely terrible. Will avoid.

I got mine (which were a special ET) thro' Demon Tweeks as there arn't any people near me!....very helpfull......all that TD has done is just look on their "stockist" list for the nearest phyiscal one to you.....even if they are ~~~~wits!

Edited by fabdavrav

• 2 weeks later...

What are the plans for new wheels then if the others are out the equation?

Compomotive can only supply a wide one that'll stick out more than I like and Team Dynamics are still thinking about it.

So for now I'm going to try and source a set of 17 inch Audi TT mk1 Ronal wheels as a stop gap. Jason is already running these on his Fabia with no spacers. Spoke clearence is good and the offset is 3mm less, so they don't stick out despite being a bit wider.

I'm also thinking to try the thinnest spacer I can find, which I think is 2mm in the hope that the Ultraleggera will then fit and hopefully with such a small spacer the vibrations around 80ish will be hardly noticable.

if you use hubcentric spacers you wont get any wobble, but will prob be 5-10mm minimum depth

I am with 8mm ones on the spiders. :(

But only around 80+ mph.

What size and offset are the Oz wheels or have I missed it in a previous post?

They look awesome.

The Ultraleggeras are standard Fabia fitment with offset of 35mm.

They don't do custom fitments otherwise I could order a perfect set!

Rims are 17 x 7 (or 7.5 wide, can't remember right now)

We are a dealer for Team Dynamics Richard...

We could size and spec a custom wheel for you.

Drop me an email if you're interested.

Kev

I wish I'd realised that. :) email on the way...

Compomotive can only supply a wide one that'll stick out more than I like

How come? Which wheel were you looking at? And 7 or 7.5J width?

Just that whenever I've asked for info from them, and dealt with them in the past, they've been the most flexible manufacturer by a mile, when it comes to manufacture.

How come? Which wheel were you looking at? And 7 or 7.5J width?

Just that whenever I've asked for info from them, and dealt with them in the past, they've been the most flexible manufacturer by a mile, when it comes to manufacture.

Yes, they are helpful. A 7 inch wide rim if possible.

The issue is that the Brembo diagram doesn't have all the measurements. There are one or two minor ones missing, means they are tending to be safe rather than sorry... which means wider wheels than I'd like.

I can understand that as they are trying to make sure the rims fit. But I don't want a big (in mm) gap between the brakes and the wheel.

My best option seems to be Jabbasport currently as they know the car and fit the brake conversion themselves. Bonus that they are Team Dynamics dealers which I never realised before. A set of Pro Race 1.2 or 1.3 would look good on the car and quite frankly if it's alloy coloured, light and fits with minimal "stick out" and minimal brake clearence then I'll be happy. I couldn't really care exactly which style it is.

In the meantime I'm going to try and pick up a set of Ronal TT rims as Jason has run these on the Mongrel without spacers and they'll be a good stop gap for now and 2nd set later.

Richard, have you tried Elite on the A13 at Rainham?

No.

Ah OK, with you. So the major sticking point remains the Brembo caliper clearance, to the back of the wheel spoke...

Best of luck then; the Jabbasport path sounds promising anyway emoticon-0148-yes.gif

I think I've lost a few marbles... or am having a mid life crisis.

Big brother for Fabia VRS SE arrives Friday. (tenuous link to put the picture on this thread)

gtri.jpg

My dream car. :rock: I feel so lucky.