VRS CR owners...Would you buy another VRS CR?

Folks,

Thinking of trading my VRS PD for a new VRS CR but cannot make my mind up if this is a good idea. My question to all VRS CR owners is would you buy another one? Thanks in advance and apologies if the question has been asked already!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not. Though the space, comfort and price are on its side, I'd probably want my next car to have a bit more oomph and involvement, so I’d probably go for a second hand BMW Alpina D3 Bi Turbo or a BMW 123d next time. Basically, any BMW with the twin turbo 2.0 204bhp diesel engine. Now don’t lynch me, all other VRS CR owners out there!

Statto

Edited by Statto

Potentially yes, but I have no loyalty to any particular brand and if i think there are better cars (for my needs) out in 2 years time when I'm looking for the next car then I will change...

Straight away

a tad slower than a petrol which would be negated by a remap anyway and miles more efficient. If you do the miles that is.

what other choices are out there for a good looking, well built, plenty of space hatch?

Mazda 6?

Mondeo?

Insignia?

no fanks

A4?

3 Series?

C Class?

even if I wanted to spend the extra 5 or 6 grand i Still wouldn't

I had a shaky start with my CR vRS, it had DPF problems which took a long time to fix but, in the end were sorted under warranty.

Day to day I'm happy with mine and would recommend it.

Straight away

a tad slower than a petrol which would be negated by a remap anyway and miles more efficient. If you do the miles that is.

what other choices are out there for a good looking, well built, plenty of space hatch?

Mazda 6?

Mondeo?

Insignia?

no fanks

A4?

3 Series?

C Class?

even if I wanted to spend the extra 5 or 6 grand i Still wouldn't

I have owned a tfsi, a cr and now a tsi vrs. The cr when remapped is almost on a par performance wise with the petrol but through the gears the petrol is still quicker, and more fun. I would say a standard cr is more than a tad slower than a tfsi or a tsi.

Would I buy another cr, no thanks, not for me.

30-70 through the gears the CR is 1.6 seconds slower.

1.6 seconds is just a tad slower.

That's based on the 211bhp gti, the old gti was 0.3 seconds slower than the new one

iPhone using Tapatalk

After owning mine for 9 months , rear end rebuilt after being smashed by a Nissan Navara l/w after 5 days on the road. I definitely would buy another, best car i have ever owned both for practicality, build quality and price :)

30-70 through the gears the CR is 1.6 seconds slower.

1.6 seconds is just a tad slower.

That's based on the 211bhp gti, the old gti was 0.3 seconds slower than the new one

iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are you comparing to a GTi?

1.6 seconds is not a tad slower when you are measuring 30-70.

Here are some 30-70 times (few years old now) and the difference between the quickest (Impreza STi) and slowest (vRS) is 1.4 seconds. I'd say an Impreza STi is more than a tad faster than a vRS wouldn't you?

Subaru Impreza STi 5.8

Mazda 6 MPS 6.1

Golf R32 Mk4 6.2

BMW 130i 6.1

Focus ST 6.8

Golf GTi Mk5 6.7

Octy vRS TFSi 7.2

Megane 225 F1 6.4

Mini Cooper S Works 6.3

Astra VXR 6.4

Vectra VXR 6.6

Edited by Guest

The gti figure was the only one I had and the closest match.

My point is that a remapped CR is more than a match. And in STD form theres not enough in it to shout home about. Sure the petrol is quicker and the CR would run out of steam more quickly above legal limits compared to the rate the petrol would. I've been behind mkII vRS and a mkV GTi whilst in a PD A3 and 1.6 seconds is easily a tad.

That said if I was doing normal miles I'd have a petrol straight away. It sounds better, power is more linear and it's cheaper to buy and run.

iPhone using Tapatalk

The gti figure was the only one I had and the closest match.

My point is that a remapped CR is more than a match. And in STD form theres not enough in it to shout home about. Sure the petrol is quicker and the CR would run out of steam more quickly above legal limits compared to the rate the petrol would. I've been behind mkII vRS and a mkV GTi whilst in a PD A3 and 1.6 seconds is easily a tad.

That said if I was doing normal miles I'd have a petrol straight away. It sounds better, power is more linear and it's cheaper to buy and run.

iPhone using Tapatalk

My remapped cr couldn't stay with a Leon fr tfsi, in fact the final straw for me was not being able to pull away from a mazda 6 sport.

Also saying a remapped cr is easily a match for the petrol may or may not be true but a remapped petrol would destroy a remapped cr.

Don't get me wrong the cr Is a nice engine but don't be under any illusions about it being as quick as the petrol vrs, standard or remapped.