Nick P's Octavia detail

oggy

Hi all,

Its been a while detailing, but at short notice helped Nick get his Octavia detailed for the GTI International show. He has asked for the pics to be posted.

All he wanted doing was a correction on the bodywork, the wheels were going to come off the following day when the new calipers were going to get fitted, so he was going to do them then while they were off.

The car was foamed, washed 2BM, dryed, clayed & washed down ready for M/C polishing.

After taping up we had a look around the paint work & we only saw light defects, which I must say, Nick has done a fantastic job of looking after the bodywork of the car since we detailed It last September.

We opted on using a white hex logic polishing pad with megs 205 polish.

Rather than sitting down, Nick did a great job of saving us some time while we were M/C polishing by polishing the areas by hand that the M/C polisher couldn't reach, like under the spoiler.

After that polishing process was finished the car was rinsed down & dryed then wiped down with IPA.

Nick then had a dilema of which products to put on now, but decided on using the Blackfire we had. A coat of gloss enhancing polish followed by the all finish paint protection sealant.

An enjoyable days work.

A few pics,

DSC00391.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

DSC00404.jpg

DSC00405.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

DSC00410.jpg

DSC00413.jpg

What a brilliant colour i think the best colour there is... :giggle:

You need to change those fried egg indicator bulbs Nick some Philips Silvervision ones B)

Great work on the best colour Skoda do.. :giggle:

Just a freindly word of advice, get them number plates blanked out, scammers are every where.... :dull:

Edited by richie

Hows the paint thickness looking?

According to my paint depth gauge, Its still looking good Simon ;)

With Nick looking after the car the way he Is there Is no drastic polishing needed.

Great work on the best colour Skoda do.. :giggle:

Just a freindly word of advice, get them number plates blanked out, scammers are every where.... :dull:

Thanks, I love the blue too B)

As for the number plates, normally I do, but Nick told me not to waste my time. His decision.

According to my paint depth gauge, Its still looking good Simon ;)

With Nick looking after the car the way he Is there Is no drastic polishing needed.

:thumbup:

The body work's outstanding, and the stance is perfect, one of the best looking vRS's out there. :thumbup:

@Oggy, I can't be sure, but are those DA's I see or rotary?

They are the Kestral DA's buddy.

They are the Kestral DA's buddy.

Hmm, I may have to seek your advice then mate as I have the same machine, bare in mind I am an absolute novice (2 x mildy successful uses) but can you tell what combination of pads polishes you used on Nick's car?

I'm hopefully going to a detailing day in August to get some tuition on the correct use of the machine. :thumbup:

You need to change those fried egg indicator bulbs Nick some Philips Silvervision ones B)

I've had them for years on the front, but you're right, I need to sort the rears too. :)

Just had my black magic Octavia clay barred due to bulders at work dropping spots of resin over it and about 50+ other cars in the car park, It has brought the paintwork up nicely. Talking to the detailing guy and he is going to give me various quotes of what he can do and the amount of time it would take to work on the paint some more. It has a few scratches which pass the fingernail test. He is saying to get them out would take a 2 stage polishing technique before waxing. He could also do a single stage polish which may not get all the scratches out before waxing.

Do you guys think I should go the whole hog as I reckon it would cost in the region of £300 to do so?

Ian

Just had my black magic Octavia clay barred due to bulders at work dropping spots of resin over it and about 50+ other cars in the car park, It has brought the paintwork up nicely. Talking to the detailing guy and he is going to give me various quotes of what he can do and the amount of time it would take to work on the paint some more. It has a few scratches which pass the fingernail test. He is saying to get them out would take a 2 stage polishing technique before waxing. He could also do a single stage polish which may not get all the scratches out before waxing.

Do you guys think I should go the whole hog as I reckon it would cost in the region of £300 to do so?

Ian

No point in doing half a job mate, the additional cost of a 2 stage polish will be minimal as the detailer has the car prepared with all the required pads/polishes available.

I say go for it, Nick's car looks amazing but there's no way pictures can highlight how good it will look in the flesh, imho after a full corrective detail you are talking 'better than' showroom condition (especially black), you will NOT be disappointed. :thumbup:

Edit: It might be worth you checking out the showroom forum on Detailing world to see some examples.

Just to save you some time...... >>>clicky<<<

Hmm, I may have to seek your advice then mate as I have the same machine, bare in mind I am an absolute novice (2 x mildy successful uses) but can you tell what combination of pads polishes you used on Nick's car?

I'm hopefully going to a detailing day in August to get some tuition on the correct use of the machine. :thumbup:

Can I be rude and ask which 'Detailing Day' your heading too?

Ian

No point in doing half a job mate, the additional cost of a 2 stage polish will be minimal as the detailer has the car prepared with all the required pads/polishes available.

I say go for it, Nick's car looks amazing but there's no way pictures can highlight how good it will look in the flesh, imho after a full corrective detail you are talking 'better than' showroom condition (especially black), you will NOT be disappointed. :thumbup:

Edit: It might be worth you checking out the showroom forum on Detailing world to see some examples.

Just to save you some time...... >>>clicky<<<

Just to add onto what vRS_Pagey has said, it all depends what your looking to achieve and how much money you want to spend on the car, having a flawless finish is great but pointless if your can't maintain it yourself up to a good enough level........ :|

Can I be rude and ask which 'Detailing Day' your heading too?

It was supposed to be at Ashford (Kent) this Sunday, but it has now been postponed until sometime in August. It was being organised be 'Kev' on DW.

Did you like my discreet little plug by the way? ;)

It was supposed to be at Ashford (Kent) this Sunday, but it has now been postponed until sometime in August. It was being organised be 'Kev' on DW.

Did you like my discreet little plug by the way? ;)

Yeah thought it would be that one as it's right on your doorstep but I had seen Kev re-arranging it, was hoping to make the trip with a couple of others but we will see what happens.......... :|

Yeah thought it would be that one as it's right on your doorstep but I had seen Kev re-arranging it, was hoping to make the trip with a couple of others but we will see what happens.......... :|

It would good to see you mate so we can have a proper chat (out of uniform that is :giggle: ).

It would good to see you mate so we can have a proper chat (out of uniform that is :giggle: ).

Will keep an eye out on the forum for a new date and see how it lies, would make the trip with a few other people.......... ;)

(Check out page two of this forum to find out about Nik's motor........ ;) )

Will keep an eye out on the forum for a new date and see how it lies, would make the trip with a few other people.......... ;)

(Check out page two of this forum to find out about Nik's motor........ ;) )

Ahh, V-Maxx coilovers, now I am truely gutted, had a chance to get a set of these from eBay.de for around £320 delivered but didn't have the funds available, Brimma has them on his passion wagon also.

Ahh, V-Maxx coilovers, now I am truely gutted, had a chance to get a set of these from eBay.de for around £320 delivered but didn't have the funds available, Brimma has them on his passion wagon also.

Been in a few motors running them and they are good, nice and reasonably priced ;)