Stickers to covert headlights for driving in europe

Got some stick on headlight convertors from the dealer to put on for driving over in Europe soon.

Instructions as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Anyone put them on?

Apparently there's also a bezzle in the headlight unit that can be moved to convert them. Asked at the dealer as usual they knew nothing about it and had their usual blank faces.

depends on the model. i got the cornering fogs and it can be altered by a series of actions of putting the car into neutral, start engine, select light etc which is on page 49 of the manual, but dont know if the manual applies to the vrs as well. just checked my car and there is a greyish allen key screw on the headlight cluster in engine bay which you can turn manually as well

I only found what you describe in the manual, which seemed to only apply to the optional curve projector headlights.

Went an investigated the grey screws you mentioned, a phillips screwdriver or allen key would work.

There's two, the lower one seems to adjust the vertical tilt, the higher one the horizontal tilt.

post-5486-0-67728100-1311531908_thumb.jpg

Indeed there are two white plastic screws which can be seen from the top. One works for horizontal adjustment of the lens and the other screw closer to the bumper is for vertcial adjustment. Use an allen key no.6

Have used Super Beam Benders a few times with no problems. You just need to shine your headlights on to a garage door or white wall to experiment with positioning. Exact positioning doesn't seem to be critical.

What's the worst thing you're gonna do - dazzle a Frenchman? lol

Dazzle a few frenchmen and have the possibility of a multi hundred euro on the spot fine, the french are really hot on this now and I have seen them checking over UK cars at services and fuel stations. for the sake of a few quid why risk the hassle.

Got some stick on headlight convertors from the dealer to put on for driving over in Europe soon.

Instructions as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Anyone put them on?

Apparently there's also a bezzle in the headlight unit that can be moved to convert them. Asked at the dealer as usual they knew nothing about it and had their usual blank faces.

Just returned from two weeks in France. I've a Fabia with projector type headlights, if you take the black rubber covers off the back, there's a metal lever that moves up and down to 'flatten' beam of the headlight. Rang round several dealers, asking about this before I left, about 50% said I'd need the deflectors, others said this was acceptable.

Had a test run at home to see how eay it was to do and took about 3 minutes whilst waiting for the ferry to load from lifting the bonnet to shutting, make sure you take a couple of pairs of plastic gloves to keep the hands clean It takes longer to get the covers off/on.

Dazzle a few frenchmen and have the possibility of a multi hundred euro on the spot fine, the french are really hot on this now and I have seen them checking over UK cars at services and fuel stations. for the sake of a few quid why risk the hassle.

"A few quid" doesn't come into it - you just need to position the beam benders correctly - it's not rocket science.

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from two weeks in France. I've a Fabia with projector type headlights, if you take the black rubber covers off the back, there's a metal lever that moves up and down to 'flatten' beam of the headlight. Rang round several dealers, asking about this before I left, about 50% said I'd need the deflectors, others said this was acceptable.

Had a test run at home to see how eay it was to do and took about 3 minutes whilst waiting for the ferry to load from lifting the bonnet to shutting, make sure you take a couple of pairs of plastic gloves to keep the hands clean It takes longer to get the covers off/on.

Can't find the level. Looked for ages. Can you help me out a bit more. Any photos?

If you take of the rubber cover at the back of the headlight you'll see a little grey leaver which will only go up or down, its about 1/2" wide... There is a thread somewhere with a photo of it if you do a search... I think its common to many of the models as my Roomie has it as well...