Your Yeti pet hate?

Points for improvement......

1) Poorly designed folding rear seats...that silly hooky thing and not folding completely flat.

They do go flat.......just hold the lever down and push down, though make sure the headrest is far enough forward over the seat base and the seatbelt buckles are out of the way.....

The most irritating bit about the rear seats is the centre one not sliding (fact again) or tumbling forward in vehicles with the centre jumbo box. (fact once again).

Can the person responsible for removing my post explain why it was removed and not edited?????emoticon-0120-doh.gif

It was funny though... :D

Re. #5 There are two cut-outs on the screw in cap that fit on the outer hinged cover to keep it 'parked' whilst filling up.

But it always drops off.

The biggest cause of tailbacks and sudden bunching up of traffic on a motorway is by using brakes when you shouldn't. Using the brakes - or more importantly letting the brake lights come on - should be avoided at all costs on a motorway. So no I never use the brakes to deactivate the cruise control. And by stepping on the gas all you will do is accelerate past the set speed point. It only disengadges the cruise control of you really floor it (like when overtaking or in an emergency situation) which again is not what you want when you are cruising and trying to maintain a set speed.

Dip the clutch a fraction. Disengages cruise without braking or fiddling with the rocker on top of the stalk. Press 'res' to resume the set speed. Seeemples.

Dip the clutch a fraction. Disengages cruise without braking or fiddling with the rocker on top of the stalk. Press 'res' to resume the set speed. Seeemples.

Unless you have a DSG as stated above...........

It feels a tad disingenuous to list the annoyances without listing the things the Yeti does supremely well.

1 Water coming in when you open doors

2 The amount of water that hides in crevices of external trim. I hate cleaning the car and coming back later to see so many water streaks. Yes, I do live in a very hard water area and if anyone knows of a cost effective water softener I am all ears

3 The floor pan is so busy/fussy. Previous cars had flatter pans that made hoovering and brushing carpets so much quicker and easier. Could Skoda supply a vacuum attachment that is long enough and thin enough to get down the side of the front seats?

4 Interior plastics look lovely but show every single finger mark so quickly

5 Indicator ‘click’ could be louder. With maxidot I would like to see volume controllable; yes my hearing is on its way out.

6 There may be a car that fulfils this but have not found one yet. With today’s technology why can’t it be an option to turn off AC/Climatronic automatically when windows or sunroof are opened?

7 Has anyone actually seen a Yeti being driven with anything on parcel shelf? Sorry – no prizes for first to spot one. Give us a retractable one PLEASE

8 Cruise control; I agree that top switch is overkill. As there is reset and resume on end of stalk all that is needed is cancel on top

9 There needs to be timer on window heater

10 Clock in centre of dash ( or rather lack of).SWMBO is forever banging on about this one!

Can’t think of any more but it would still take longer to list the good bits

Edited by Bohica

I hang my cap so it overhangs the front part of the fuel flap,(The retaining strap is quite tight.)

The cap has never fallen off once.:yes:

No, my cap has never dropped off the flap when filling up......but wasn't going to say so for fear of treading on eggshells.

Interesting thread this one! As an Octavia driver who is likely to switch to a Yeti next time the pet hates are all very familiar and it could easily be renamed "Pet Hates with my Skoda"

Mirror heater control - Same as Octavia - why not just link it to the heated rear window like everyone else?

Cruise control - same as Octavia - TBH I can't say I have any issue with this - seems fine to me.

No clock visible for passengers - same as Bolero equipped FL Octavia - agreed! Total PITA!

The operation of the auto wipers - same as the Octavia - I love 'em but you need to understand how they work to get the best from them. When you switch on the wipers the computer records the level of wetness on the screen as the benchmark - when the level gets back to this it wipes again. If you wait until the windscreen is totally blatted before switching on then that is how long it will wait to wipe again. If they seem to have developed a mind of their own, switch off and back on again. Oh! And they definitely DO NOT like to be left permanently on auto 'cos when you turn the engine off and back on a few hours later the computer loses its benchmark so it waits a very long time letting the windscreen get very wet before wiping.

No, my cap has never dropped off the flap when filling up......but wasn't going to say so for fear of treading on eggshells.

Clearly just my incompetence then. :D

I can feel this thread is going to run ....... only just over 24 hours old and already 4 'pages'. :thumbup:

My pet hates, not dwelling on anything mentioned to date;-

No sporty options i.e. 18" wheels, sport seats (in UK at least), proper 3 spoke steering wheel (unless you nick one from an Octaia vRS).

Yeti is too new and/or unique that there are no aftermarket tuning parts available i.e. rear brake pads (fronts can be found), uprated rear anti-roll bar etc.

No CR170 4x4 DSG (OK; that has to be a know fact rather than a pet hate, 'spose I could always buy an Audi Q3 :giggle: ).

MFD fuel consumption does not match the 'actual consumption' calculated on a brim-to-brim basis.

and my pet 'love' .......

...................... its a Yeti!

Nor has mine - but then I have my head very carefully measured and make sure the cap is the right size.

Nor has mine - but then I have my head very carefully measured and make sure the cap is the right size.

I seem to remember some joke about a Yorkshireman walking home from the pub on a wet and windy night and taking a shortcut across the cow field. His cap blew off and he tried on half a dozen others before he found his own again.

I seem to remember some joke about a Yorkshireman walking home from the pub on a wet and windy night and taking a shortcut across the cow field. His cap blew off and he tried on half a dozen others before he found his own again.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Is that not a 'pat hate'? ;)

Strangely enough, I gave a modecum of thought before deciding on my wording. I was originally just going to say...."Mine's never dropped off whilst filling up"....but then, having typed it, reconsidered, and thought a little more. But clearly not quite enough... :)

There seems to be one common thread thoughout this subject: all the pet hates are nit-pickings or Mickey Mouse type - no serious faults - except the mirror location.

Remember, no fun and don't go off-topic... :D

Didn you hear about the Yorkshireman suffering from dyslexia-he went around with a cat-flap on his head!.

MFD fuel consumption does not match the 'actual consumption' calculated on a brim-to-brim basis.

and my pet 'love' .......

...................... its a Yeti!

That can be changed via VCDS.....emoticon-0140-rofl.gif Though it would be preferable to be accurate in the first place.

I love the name, short snappy and not macho or feminine. Above all I just love driving the car, even if it is through London during the day and only averaging 8mphemoticon-0136-giggle.gif (about 25mpg.....emoticon-0149-no.gif, but probably better than a petrol.....)