Your Yeti pet hate?

What do you mean by the running lights which you think you are switching off?

Sidelights, dipped headlights or daylight running lights?

If the latter then they can not be switched off and are on all the time the vehicle is in motion (explanation later) with the headlights switched off.

Recently I was sure that mine had stopped working but they are extinguished when the handbrake is applied so each time I got out to check they were not working!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, J.R. said:

What do you mean by the running lights which you think you are switching off?

Sidelights, dipped headlights or daylight running lights?

If the latter then they can not be switched off and are on all the time the vehicle is in motion (explanation later) with the headlights switched off.

Recently I was sure that mine had stopped working but they are extinguished when the handbrake is applied so each time I got out to check they were not working!

Daylight running lights of course.

To stop them using the indicator/dip-switch, pull it towards you and then upwards. Hold it there and switch on the ignition, there should be an audible bleep and after that they only come on when you select the light switch.

• Like 1

On 14/04/2013 at 18:16, MOCAMB said:

At the risk of taking the thread off-topic, that does rather beg the question: what cars have you had so far? ;)

They are heavy to remove, when folded up fully they can drop with a a startling crash when you take off in a hurry if there's nothing to restrain them The first time it happened to me I thought someone had run into me.

21 hours ago, Clockman said:

I turned them off twice today and they persisted on coming back on after about 20 seconds but the reversing audible warning seems to have "indigestion" as well.  I'm obliged to check the reversing lights too according to the Maxidot display. I'll start with battery connections perhaps and clean a few other terminals.

I'll quote me-self: The temperature today is 4 degrees and the "daylight" running lights stayed off. Is this magic or what? This particular Elegance was assembled during the changeover to the facelift version and seems to have bits of both models especially the navigation system. Was it the opportunity by Yeti to indulge in the odd modification thinking only I would notice?

On 10/04/2013 at 13:47, MCAMRA said:

Pet hate of the Yeti.... French people who patronisingly shake their head when you try to explain how good the car is.......'impossible, n'est pas français' Oh dear !

If you're a home-made wine expert, having won prizes as well, they will refuse to speak to you!

On 03/11/2011 at 19:45, Ben1812 said:

No illumination ring around the ignition. Annoys me I have to fumble in the dark - My low spec Touran had one. I've only had the Yeti a week so perhaps after a couple of weeks I'll be more familiar with layout. But I cannot help thinks its a pretty basic ommission for a top of the range Elegance.

I missed this one at first but it was one of my complaints.

1 hour ago, Clockman said:

They are heavy to remove, when folded up fully they can drop with a a startling crash when you take off in a hurry if there's nothing to restrain them The first time it happened to me I thought someone had run into me.

As I do not want to go back through pages can you please explain what you are talking about as it makes no sense in relation to what you quoted from someones post of over 10years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clockman said:

Daylight running lights of course.

To stop them using the indicator/dip-switch, pull it towards you and then upwards. Hold it there and switch on the ignition, there should be an audible bleep and after that they only come on when you select the light switch.

Does your car have an auto light sensor?

Otherwise I cannot see any advantage of daylight running lights when the main lights are switched on.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 20/01/2024 at 16:15, J.R. said:

Does your car have an auto light sensor?

Otherwise I cannot see any advantage of daylight running lights when the main lights are switched on.

It's for the idiots who still drive around in the UK with the Auto lights switch set to off , but they aren't in Skodas usually

My current pet hate is dealers still charging top money for late 2017 Yetis and offering bare trade money for a 2015 one...🙄. Maybe I'll try another private sale.