1.8 TSI or 2.0 TSI

Hello all,

I currently own a 2010 Octy which is going to my wife and I'm going to buy myself a new Superb. The question is 1.8 TSI or 2.0 TSI? I don't want a diesel. It's going to be DSG equipped.

Thank you.

krko

Hello all,

I currently own a 2010 Octy which is going to my wife and I'm going to buy myself a new Superb. The question is 1.8 TSI or 2.0 TSI? I don't want a diesel. It's going to be DSG equipped.

Thank you.

krko

In my opinion get the 2.0 TSI, it has 4 exhaust pipes out the back, the same as the 3.6 V6. :devil:

It will also haul the Superb's mass around easier than the 1.8 and if you ever get bored of the standard 200bhp, then 2.0 will remap to circa 250/260bhp.

Hello all,

Thank you.

krko

1.8 TSI is more than enough. If it isn`t there`s something wrong between your ears...... B)

I don't think my 2.0 TSI is enough... But there are solutions for more power, and soon it will be in my car ;-)

---

- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dekagon

Ive got a remapped 2.0TSI in an octavia, so i must have a lump of wood for brains!

The maximum speed that is allowed here is 120 km/h, and in the wintertime 100 km/h, so there is no need for the "extra" power, but that`s just my dumb opinion..... :D

• 2 weeks later...

I´ve got a 1.8 TSI DSG which I´m superhappy with. Talked to a friend who also use it as a police car and he also was impressed how well it goes.

Edited by doby

Hello all,

Thank you.

krko

Just changed my 1.8TSI Superb Elegance Combi for 2.0TSI Superb Elegance Combi

had the new car for 4 weeks

comments - much quicker than the 1.8 especially in the mid range 30-70mph

just returned from a weeks holiday - did 1000miles with 4 people, roof box, and dog in the boot - average mpg 33

what a fantastic car - so easy to reach 80+mph with such a smooth engine

6 speed DSG just as good as 7speed

twin(twin) rear exhausts look great

not sure but I think the front disc brakes are larger than 1.8

overall really pleased - this my third Superb and the best so far ( 2.0tdi superb hatch, 1.8tsi superb estate)

My chosen spec is 2.0 TSI Combi Elegance, Cappuccino, DSG, Hill hold, Variable floor, Spare Wheel, Sunset Glass + Panoramic Roof ( which is fantastic)

Derfmac

Hello all,

Thank you.

krko

They both use the EA888 engine, the 1.8 TSI has a shorter stroke and a 500 rpm higher rev ceiling. We have a 1.8 TSI DSG and a 2 litre TSI in the Octavia body.

A point to remember is the 6 speed DSG makes the car use more fuel than the manual where as the 7 speed, in the EA888 Octavia ansd Superb TSIs, improves fuel consumption. Even if the actual cost to refuel does not bother you, I would find the useful range of around 400 miles on the 2 litre TSI DSG a pain where the 1.8TSI DSG combination in the Octavia or Superb gives more like 475-500 mile range.

The 1.8 TSI produces it 160 hp (or maybe it is 170 hp and Skoda deliberately quote low as in the Octavia has same top speed as 170 hp wiesel) is produced at an incredibly low 4500 rpm and with a 7000 rpm redline there is scope to remap to over 210 hp without exceeding the max torque of the DQ200 7 speed box.

The 7 speed DSG is so relaxed due to the tall gearing available, 29 mph per in 7th, 26 mph in 6th, both taller than our 2 litre TSI VRS, very relaxed and economical but lob in to Sports mode, even in the heavier Superb, and the 1.8 TSI goes almost as quick as a diesel VRS!

Or you could wait as the 6 speed DSGs days are numbered as the new DQ500 will replace it probably in a year or so.

Also worth remembering the 6 speed DSG requires about £100-£150 spent on it every 40K miles to change the oil which the dry clutched 7 speed does not, food for thought I hope for you.

Edited by lol

Are those both EA888 engines? Because if I am choosing, I would choose the chain cam engine rather than the belt cam, of course if they are both EA888 then 2.0 TSI sounds sweet.

Yes.

Engine is a little noiser than the EA113 but more fuel effecient, compact, lighter etc. Stoke is the main difference which give 1.8 TSI higher rev ceiling as a result.

The 2.0 TSI delivers around 220-230bhp, the spec says 200. It's a huuuge difference between the 1.8 and 2.0. The 6 DSG is more smooth changing gear when you're going slow.

When comparing 1.8 and 2.0 TSI it's an easy choice, 2.0 TSI all days of the week! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They both use the EA888 engine, the 1.8 TSI has a shorter stroke and a 500 rpm higher rev ceiling. We have a 1.8 TSI DSG and a 2 litre TSI in the Octavia body.

A point to remember is the 6 speed DSG makes the car use more fuel than the manual where as the 7 speed, in the EA888 Octavia ansd Superb TSIs, improves fuel consumption. Even if the actual cost to refuel does not bother you, I would find the useful range of around 400 miles on the 2 litre TSI DSG a pain where the 1.8TSI DSG combination in the Octavia or Superb gives more like 475-500 mile range.

The 1.8 TSI produces it 160 hp (or maybe it is 170 hp and Skoda deliberately quote low as in the Octavia has same top speed as 170 hp wiesel) is produced at an incredibly low 4500 rpm and with a 7000 rpm redline there is scope to remap to over 210 hp without exceeding the max torque of the DQ200 7 speed box.

The 7 speed DSG is so relaxed due to the tall gearing available, 29 mph per in 7th, 26 mph in 6th, both taller than our 2 litre TSI VRS, very relaxed and economical but lob in to Sports mode, even in the heavier Superb, and the 1.8 TSI goes almost as quick as a diesel VRS!

Or you could wait as the 6 speed DSGs days are numbered as the new DQ500 will replace it probably in a year or so.

Also worth remembering the 6 speed DSG requires about £100-£150 spent on it every 40K miles to change the oil which the dry clutched 7 speed does not, food for thought I hope for you.

Food for thought! must admit I love the 7 speed but want a bit more grunt (torque) is the DQ500 to be a 7speed?

How much torque can the DQ200 take? suprised the 2.0TSi was not fitted with it.

Food for thought! must admit I love the 7 speed but want a bit more grunt (torque) is the DQ500 to be a 7speed?

How much torque can the DQ200 take? suprised the 2.0TSi was not fitted with it.

DQ200 can handle 250Nm, to little. DQ250 can stand for 350Nm, and that's why it's fitted in the 2.0 TSI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk