J5's Roomster Scout - **SOLD**

Jonny5ive

Headed down to JKM this morning for a run on their "Heartbreak" rollers......

IMAG0952_zpsomvjykta.jpg

That is all B)

Is that with the same setup as the last dyno at Shark? (207bhp/415nm) ? I know different rollers will not give identical results, but that torque difference is immense! 415nm to 488 (306 ft/lb to 360).

Nice :) we need to sort a brisky rolling road day somewhere

You missed this one Trevor, we had a great time in Portsmouth, put quiet a few Skoda's through their paces over the 5 hour RR day.

• Like 1

Is that with the same setup as the last dyno at Shark? (207bhp/415nm) ? I know different rollers will not give identical results, but that torque difference is immense! 415nm to 488 (306 ft/lb to 360).

Same setup. However, studying the graph in full, rather than that picture, the torque line actually reads 310ft/lb. :doh:

The line you can see in the pic above reads 215bhp on tha axis on the left of the page.

Thread title amended :thumbup:

• Like 1

Same setup. However, studying the graph in full, rather than that picture, the torque line actually reads 310ft/lb. :doh:

The line you can see in the pic above reads 215bhp on tha axis on the left of the page.

Thread title amended :thumbup:

Ah, that makes a little more sense :) I know Shark's dyno is seen as fairly conservative, but a difference of 50 lb/ft would put them as very miserly! For a short while I wondered if I could claim 500nm as I had 438 on their rollers, though a little less bhp than your Roomster. Even at 310 that's still really good - it must be a hoot to drive. Admittedly people don't think of Yetis as quick cars, given the age demographic they're associated with (BossFox and a few others excepted), but a Roomster has to be one of the ultimate sleepers. :)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Just read this whole thread, wow! Very nice, your hard work shows.

I have just bought a Octavia Scout and while it won't be getting lowered or going near a track, you car has given me lots of inspiration for my future project.

Innes

• Like 1

Just read this whole thread, wow! Very nice, your hard work shows.

I have just bought a Octavia Scout and while it won't be getting lowered or going near a track, you car has given me lots of inspiration for my future project.

Innes

Great feedback, thank you.

Is the front bumper of the roomster the same as a Fabia?

To the best of my knowledge, yes :yes:. The scout trim pieces are bonded on afterwards.

Thankfully, these were able to be salvaged from the damaged bumper as new parts at £100+ each (3 parts of trim on front bumper) would have meant prohibitive repair costs.

The shot above makes the front end look a bit 'poverty spec' which I suppose isn't helped by the steelies.

There is a small chin splitter that's not been re-fitted in favour of a ridiculously low, and wholly more Racecar one.

But, until such time as the muppeteers have finished furnishing my street with tarmacadem, then it will stay as is.

• 4 weeks later...

Screenshot_20160311-121219_1_zpsltzecalb

OOkay, really, a great colour, good job I didn't go for that one, may we shouldn't park next to each other, or we might clash :D

Edited by tempra007