one of the cheapest i've seen

You only have to look at the picture of the drivers door card to know its got some wear and tear!

And the description, whilst it may be factual fails to say anything other than "good condition throughout". 'Fraid with wear like that on the door card i'd questioning the benchmark for what is "good condition"!

Just what I thought, when I saw that picture. I certainly know my 84k door doesn't look like that!

Something not right, either way. As that's just too far below the 'I need a quick sale' level (IMO :))

The door card damage is more common than you think.

It happens when the driver regularly rests his elbow on the window sill.

Take a look at any Octavia Taxi or Police Car and you likely see it.

There was a thread on this sometime ago; it isn't necessarily an indication of high mileage.

My old Octy2 also had the bubble on the top of the door card, as the previous poster has mentioned its quiet common. To stop it getting worse I had to modify the seat height and position to stop me resting my elbow on the upper part of the door. Apart from that my Octy was perfect in every way when I sold it.

I am pretty sure its an auction so price could rise.

Says "classified add price" which I would take it to mean that is what he wants, not an auction! Anyway I wouldnt touch it without a mechanics report first at that price.

Seller has no feedback. Dodgier than a dodgy thing.

I recently saw my old 2008 A4 for sale on an ebay add, the photo had been taken outside my house by me but someone online had used the photo as a false ebay add (I had posted photo ages back I cant even remember where online), I know it wasnt my old car they were selling.

Unrelated

Colleague recently handed lease 57 plate A3 back he had had from new with 107,000 miles - went direct to the auction with this mileage. About a month later I was looking for a car for my misus on autotrader, colleagues old A3 car was advertised by a small trader same reg number everything, now on 42,000 miles on at £15995. 65 thousand mile haircut even though the add claimed full service history. Trading standards are now investigating.

Some very dodgy characters out there.

Edited by Si-Audi-Sline

There is something very dogy about that, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. A high spec'd and moddeed diesel VRS at a price equivelent to a MK1 from a seller that has only just registered on e-bay! There will be all sorts of problems with that...

The new tyres alone will make up over 10% of the asking price! Surely the seller could sell this to a Skoda dealership for more than he is asking in the ad?

Yeh remember that it is very easy to change the miles on the clock with a bit of software so that's not always the best thing to go by. If it can be confirmed with log books and service history then you're pretty safe.

Just trust your instinct if it says when away then do it!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Seller has no feedback. Dodgier than a dodgy thing.

This.

"Looks too good to be true, then it probably is" etc.. I bet if you got in touch he'd want money sending as a "deposit" by some sort of non- reversible transfer - then you'll never hear from him again. Just my o2p etc. could be legit, maybe.. but i wouldn't touch it..