Who has the oldest Yeti? + Who has the most miles/kms?

Allams Skoda

:o time for a new one then. should get it in say 12 months :rofl:

Funnily enough did dream along those lines the other night ...

Somehow however I think I will be keeping hold of this one a little longer than that.

A slight cheat, as I sold my Yeti at the end of June, but it was a September 09 (ex Rainworth Demonstrator) and had 31,000 miles (highest UK figure so far!), when a gentleman from Portsmouth came and took it away.

Yes, I do use my cars for company miles and the Yeti was great, but my Ocavia Scout is even more accomplished at munching the motorway miles.

It's still going well, now on 35,000 miles! Two days after I collected it from you I did a run to the German - Czech border and back. 1350 miles in 27 hours.

Ian

I think the Yeti is a great company car, particularly if you occassionally need the high ground clearance for off roading along tracks like I do. I don't have or particularly need the 4wd, which is uneconomic anyway under UK company car tax rules unfortunately. There are at least 10 that I know of in my company around the country. Indeed I was overtaken in Coventry yesterday on my way back to leeds by a yeti with the next registration to mine, ie the last letter was one higher, so I can only presume this was another Yeti leased to my company that I hadn't come across in a company car park somewhere. We have up to 5 at times in our Leeds car park. With the good driving position, reasonably economical and superb value retention, I am amazed more companies aren't using this vehicle. One of my colleagues went for a BMW 3 series, as he had never even considered or known about the Yeti, and having been a passenger in my car with its leather interior now regrets going for the "lower Quality" interior of his more basic equiped car which is costing him more tax!

Anyway back to the point, My Yeti is Late June 2010 delivery, just coming up to 21k miles. At this rate it will be approaching 80K when the lease expires at 4 years old and it is replaced, so I am in for a long relationship with this vehicle. Just as well we can pick what we want from a list within reason and I like this car. Indeed my wife wants one when they get to a reasonable price secondhand.

Edited by kenfowler3966

It's still going well, now on 35,000 miles! Two days after I collected it from you I did a run to the German - Czech border and back. 1350 miles in 27 hours.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Good to hear, I thought it was supposed to be the wifes car, have you let her in it yet?

Hi Ian,

Good to hear, I thought it was supposed to be the wifes car, have you let her in it yet?

I borrowed it because it is a lot more fuel efficient than my LS400 and my Land Cruiser! She drives it normally and loves it.

Ian

Not in the running for a prize here (May 2010, 18500 miles) but, apart from the indicator/foglight issue, have been absolutely delighted with it.

It would be interesting to see what does start to fail as miles pile on, though.

December 2009 is pretty near the start of production. Does anyone have one registered before September 09?

I haven't seen a Yeti with more than 30,000 miles yet.

There must be someone with a Yeti that has done a lot of miles in theirs by now!

Mine arrived in November 2009 and was registered on 4th December 09 - 21000 miles.

Drove the demo car in October.

Edited by Terfyn

• 7 years later...

Well I had a July 2010 company Yeti, 110 tdi 2wd Elegance and it did 68k in 4 years. Lots of issues, new clutch & dmf, new driveshaft, bushes etc etc all to try and remove a knock under hard acceleration which was never actually sorted, and all done under warranty. + two windscreens + they didn't have the covers to protect the rear door paint near the wheel arch when first made, and that had to be repainted and the covers added, which did not stick very well and were peeling off on return.

Then a 2014 Greenline 1.6 tdi elegance. 45k in 3 years. No mechanical issues at all until the fix applied 2 weeks before return. Would not have wanted to buy it after that, but was perfect before, apart from a bit of rust on rear offside door front bottom cormer. Even the front tyres still legal on return.

Now a July 2017 SEL Drive run out, built less than 4 weeks before production stopped, and already on 24k. This is my own car and I intend to keep it some time.

There has been someone on here recently at 340k miles, and a few with over 200k on the original dpf?

You lot above really ought to use your cars more, all that money t buy them and so little use! I have seen more issues with little used cars than high mileage ones.

20 minutes ago, kenfowler3966 said:

I have seen more issues with little used cars than high mileage ones.

Wholeheartedly agree with that .... lack of use, the biggest car killer of all, IMO :)

July 2013 making it one of the last pre-facelift . 1.2 Tsi petrol,  94,000 miles, oil & genuine filter changed at 10,000 mile intervals.  Final drive bearings replaced at end of warranty as were "misting" front shock absorbers.  Heated driver's seat element replaced just after end of warranty ( Grrr ). Original Pirellis replaced  at 50,000 miles with Michelin CrossClimates ( Excellent ) . Last year approximately 80,000 miles the dreaded No 3 plug lead & coil pack failure. Front discs & pads replaced this January @ approx 90,000 miles. Love my Yeti - so comfortable and got all the gadgets.  Would love something similar with plug-in hybrid - any suggestions? 

IMG_20170425_092951.jpg

• Like 1

2010 Yeti Elegance 2.0CRD 4x4  Total of 65000 mls of smooth running particularly since Stage 1 remap at 25000 miles.   Most of short urban miles done in a petrol car so I have only ever been aware of 3 or 4 Regens - No Fix. Still really enjoy driving it so no reason to change. Hope that I havent tempted fate. :)

I didn’t notice how old this thread was when I replied above-  which explains the low mileage quoted back in 2011 when the Yeti was only 2 years old!

Even worse I posted in this thread back then having joined the forum years before when I had a Superb!

I must have joined the Yeti forum in early 2010 when I was thinking of getting one as a company car