Shocking Customer Service

You will be surprised how many new cars are damaged in transit and the new owners take them not knowing they have been damaged. Scratches and dents are very common, and when fixed the owners of their brand new accident repaired cars will never know. Damage on the boat or getting the car on / off the transporter are the usual suspects.

I bet there are a fair few owners on here as well, driving unknowingly damaged cars.

There will be small print in the agreement with regards to P/ex. values and being able to adjust them. You agreed to that when you signed the contract, if you did not read all the small print then that issue is the buyers.

Delays are unfortunate, and will also be covered by the agreement. That will say something like estimated delivery date, and it is exactly that.

You would be suprised at the number of new cars delivered that are damaged.I used to work at GEFCO, the importer of Peugeot/Citroen into the UK.All the depots have bodyshop facilities on site. Not only that some cars are in the compound for literally years before they are sent to the dealers. Some Citroen C6's for instance I know are at least 5 yrs old when they are sold as new.

Some Citroen C6's for instance I know are at least 5 yrs old when they are sold as new.

Are you surprised? How many of these are sold per year do you reckon :rofl:

I used to do a lot of dock work inc car transporters and regularly saw the boats in full of new cars and the nicer cars would often be seen getting ragged about by retards working in docks seen a few write offs sitting at side and a colleague got a video on his phone of some guy messing about in a new porsche and landing it sideways under a lorry :giggle: Emden

That said I also used to work as a mech in a big main dealers Landrover, Ford, MGRover and I never once saw a car arrive with damage I am surprised though! There again they didn't have as long a journey to make I suppose.

This is Emden lol its car transporter ships from the dock look like factories! This is a scene ive seen at docks many times tbh always 1 or 2 messed up cars lying at side...

07011208.jpg

At law you have not been supplied with a car to the specification that matches your order. Quote the legal ruling in the case Clegg v Anderson to both the dealer and to Skoda UK. You can Google the case.

Clegg v Anderson involved a customer wanting to reject a luxury yacht that was older than 6 months old that did not meet his orignal spec.

The case hinged on whether he could reject it or not.

In this case the Skoda dealer is quite happy for the customer to reject the car. Thats where the case law stops.

Also there have many other motor industry cases trying to adopt the Clegg v Anderson case law, and NONE have been successful. one audi customer spent £100k trying and failed.

Ive never yet heard of the courts forcing a company to supply a product they dont want to.

I would try tactful negotiation, but if that fails walk away.

Dont devote a whole chunk of time and effort chasing a principle, and dont throw any money at it through the courts.

Good luck by the way, I hope you get it sorted.

They only emailed me the top copy of the order form and i have never received any terms and conditions so as it stands the contract is as the fist page states balance to pay of and estimated delivery of. The balance does not say estimated.

They only emailed me the top copy of the order form and i have never received any terms and conditions so as it stands the contract is as the fist page states balance to pay of and estimated delivery of. The balance does not say estimated.

There is no way a dealer is going to agree the px price of a car they will not receive until 7 or 8 months later when the new car is delivered to the customer, that would be madness on their part. I think if you get the t and c's of the deal it will say as much and they can, rightly so, revalue the asset you are trading in as px at the time you trade it to assess it's current market value.

If you didn't receive the contact then you could use that as leverage to negotiate a better px price, same goes for the damage to the car use it as some leverage to find some common ground but it's v unlikely that they will back down 100% as others have said they dont have to sell you the car and now the vat free deal is over they could probably get more profit from not selling it to you but putting it back on the forecourt.

You would be suprised at the number of new cars delivered that are damaged.I used to work at GEFCO, the importer of Peugeot/Citroen into the UK.All the depots have bodyshop facilities on site. Not only that some cars are in the compound for literally years before they are sent to the dealers. Some Citroen C6's for instance I know are at least 5 yrs old when they are sold as new.

Dad worked for them at corby.

4 cars went awol quite common, missing wheels and radios, and a young lad ragged a sporty number and wrote it and 3 cars off in the yard, damaged a few others at the same time.

Some of the damage that was repaired was quite scary. And the buyers would never know.

There is no way a dealer is going to agree the px price of a car they will not receive until 7 or 8 months later when the new car is delivered to the customer, that would be madness on their part. I think if you get the t and c's of the deal it will say as much and they can, rightly so, revalue the asset you are trading in as px at the time you trade it to assess it's current market value.

If you didn't receive the contact then you could use that as leverage to negotiate a better px price, same goes for the damage to the car use it as some leverage to find some common ground but it's v unlikely that they will back down 100% as others have said they dont have to sell you the car and now the vat free deal is over they could probably get more profit from not selling it to you but putting it back on the forecourt.

They agreed a PX price with me 6 months out at order. There is no way I would take a vauge "well see when we get there" as its obvious what they will do. One dealer tried to do this so I walked away and another dealer got the business. Get it in writing up front and remember you are the customer state what you want and how you want it and if the dealer takes the order on that basis that is the contract.

• 3 weeks later...

Mr Hazelwood still hasnt replied to my email yet, i'll give it till Friday next week before i land this car at front door of his office and tell him were to stick it.

Could he perhaps be referring to the Briskoda Skoda adverts, I too thought that Skoda UK had become a forum sponsor, until I clicked on one of the adverts which took me to a Skoda dealer :giggle: