Show us your winter wheels

Very nice! Can you get any more? :)

Available on the bay, £20-£25 ish

Sorry to hijack but I am back again :D

I just found these on a Skoda dealers site in UK at £22.50 on offer at moment a little more expensive but still a bargain and they sport the mighty Skoda logo part ref "ZGBUB000073900"

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Alloy_Wheel_Bag_%28Set_of_4_%26_Wheel_Bolt_Bag%29_ZGBUB000073900

• Like 1

Spot on - thanks for that.

Do appreciate the wheel pole versus bags issue - comes down to how you can store your 2nd set really. Plus with the bags they can be kept clean and transported more easily, which is beneficial.

Spot on - thanks for that.

Do appreciate the wheel pole versus bags issue - comes down to how you can store your 2nd set really. Plus with the bags they can be kept clean and transported more easily, which is beneficial.

Without a shed or garage if you live in a flat or something you can always stash the things all over the place, under bed or on top of a wardrobe etc bags will be handy in that sense when I move back to UK as I will be looking for somewhere small sod trying to drag a wheel from under a bed without a cover will drag on carpet like its 2 ton. :D

Would be worth using that part No with your local dealer see what price it throws out might be cheaper you never know.

I might get these to store the tyres in on my tyre tree, under the supplied cover. Come the time to get the tyres replaced it'll save the boot some dirt/damage and they'll solve the problem of forgetting which ruddy wheel was on which corner.

I might get these to store the tyres in on my tyre tree, under the supplied cover. Come the time to get the tyres replaced it'll save the boot some dirt/damage and they'll solve the problem of forgetting which ruddy wheel was on which corner.

I've just ordered them to do exactly this.....

Looked at my winter wheels the other day as i will put on soon and realised i haven't cleaned them since i took them off :peek:

I can see the benefit of the in transit use of the bags... hmmm. AND of having the tyres IN the bags ON the tree... If in need of a Christmas present I can always ask for this! LOL

• Like 1

Sod it, I am obviously flat out in work so I can upload these pics from my phone :D

This officially was my car on Saturday when they went on: Check out the steelie wheeled wonder behind mine :D I could not do that to the Blue Bruiser!

winters%2520on.JPG

Then I made use of the Skoda wheel storage bags I got in the dealers last week for 20 Euros great job very impressed

Wheels%25202.jpg

Wheels.jpg

Don't suppose you've got a part number for those have you?

Don't suppose you've got a part number for those have you?

ZGBUB000073900 was mentioned earlier in the thread and they look pretty similar if not exactly the same.

• Like 1

I've ordered the wheel covers as above from my local dealer, due in tomorrow so will be interesting to see if they are the same as the ones Fubar has got.

I'm putting on my winter wheels at the weekend so this is really good timing

Dougall

Sod it, I am obviously flat out in work so I can upload these pics from my phone :D

This officially was my car on Saturday when they went on: Check out the steelie wheeled wonder behind mine :D I could not do that to the Blue Bruiser!

winters%2520on.JPG

Then I made use of the Skoda wheel storage bags I got in the dealers last week for 20 Euros great job very impressed

Wheels%25202.jpg

Wheels.jpg

I love your garage. Can you come round and tidy mine out please so i have the room to store more than a tin of WD40.

Got my Skoda ones today via the main dealer, they are not branded with the Skoda logos. They are the ones shown in the picture on the skodashop.co.uk link as above.

They are still good but not the same as the ones Fubar has got in NL.

Im started to question winter tyres, although i have a set in the shed ready to go on and in the snow its going to be obvious advantage but i was out last night on the moor roads and it dipped right down to 1.5 degrees. Now from my experiences tyres loose the bulk of their grip (summer/all season) around 4-5 degrees also i need to point out these 'Yellow sea' tyres, sort of like Ling Long's but cheaper (the dealership put them on when they took it as part ex) and they they did not falter once, they gripped and held the road and i was doing my 'usual' driving. I do understand that grip would be reduced but i dont think winter tyres are really due yet, in the UK as we have no snow?

Dam i like scouts. Not jealous though. Love the coloured alloys also. I hate you.

:kiss: :love: :kiss:

Actually I had to have the original wheels refurbed due to the delamination issue, so I thought I might as well tart up the second hand winters as well. I like the utilitarian look I get with the grey wheels on a grey Scout.

Scout wheels looked like this before the refurb:

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

:kiss: :love: :kiss:

Actually I had to have the original wheels refurbed due to the delamination issue, so I thought I might as well tart up the second hand winters as well. I like the utilitarian look I get with the grey wheels on a grey Scout.

Scout wheels looked like this before the refurb:

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

They look nasty.

Be honest.....that looks like a bit of kerbing as well you clumsy boy. TSk TSK.

They look nasty.

Be honest.....that looks like a bit of kerbing as well you clumsy boy. TSk TSK.

Never kerbed by me :bandit: , possibly previous owner, however it had a new set of tyres (Cheapies) on when I got it and wheels were OK as far as I can remeber at that point so I am blaming heavy handed tyre fitters :bandit: .

At least it gave me an excuse to get them done :rock:

I love your garage. Can you come round and tidy mine out please so i have the room to store more than a tin of WD40.

Looks like it's carpeted, too. How the other half live!

Actually I reckon he must be keeping his wheels in the lounge...

Looks like it's carpeted, too. How the other half live!

Actually I reckon he must be keeping his wheels in the lounge...

Painted walls, carpet, covered alternative wheels and tyres in a pristine garage.............posh bugger...........Im actually planning converting my garage into another bedroom / study but if mine looked as good as yours all i would need do is chuck a bed and computer desk in.

Convert a garage into a room?! Heresy on a car forum surely....

:p

I use the term garage loosley. Other than the old defender in there it is a total dumping ground. The thought of starting to clear it out terrifies me.

I would love a double garage with a pit but prioriteis dictate its demise. We only have 3 bedrooms currently, which is fine, but we plan on having another wee one in the future and its a struggle having family members staying over at the moment when they come to visit. More importantly it is an absolute minimum requirement that i have a study, or as i call it - the xbox room.

Im started to question winter tyres, although i have a set in the shed ready to go on and in the snow its going to be obvious advantage but i was out last night on the moor roads and it dipped right down to 1.5 degrees. Now from my experiences tyres loose the bulk of their grip (summer/all season) around 4-5 degrees also i need to point out these 'Yellow sea' tyres, sort of like Ling Long's but cheaper (the dealership put them on when they took it as part ex) and they they did not falter once, they gripped and held the road and i was doing my 'usual' driving. I do understand that grip would be reduced but i dont think winter tyres are really due yet, in the UK as we have no snow?

Born and raised just down the road from you on the east coast, so know some of your roads very well!

Some of the lesser well know brands are softer compounds, so you "feel" that grip is the same, however they will be less predictable when they misbehave, and are far more likely to go out of shape. I had something like LingLangs once, drove the Snake Pass in winter on them, "once", the moment i got home, they went in the skip!

I've Michelin PS3's on the BM and love them for grip in both wet and dry, but....... they don't work well below 10c, they will warm up a bit, but not enough to give the same level of feedback & confidence. Today we dropped below 7c and it was slithering on bends it normally goes round on rails and tramlining all over the place. So this afternoon the winter tires went on, and instantly it was loads better, more predictable and stable.

I think "all seasons" are becoming loads better too. I run Uniroyal Rainsports 2's on the MX5 and they seem very predictable in everything but snow!