Tim's vRS - The detail starts

Hiya Tim... An amazing thread!! That's some really smart work you've done!!!! Loving the pics :thumbup:

I think we've chatted a few times on various threads but I didn't realise how much work you'd put in to your Fabia... If you're ever near Chepstow we'll have to meet up... I'd love to see your car in the flesh.

I wouldn't mind tapping in some of your Skoda knowledge too as you've done a few mods I wouldn't mind doing in the future :rofl:

Nice to see someone who knows how to mod a car and really improve it... Top Man!!!

Thanks Karl.

I bought it from a uk-polos member a couple of years back mate, originally fitted my old car.

I have no idea where it came from sorry! I don't know if it's a genuine item or not. I'm guessing no as it's fairly lightweight

the seat alteas have these fitted no idea if they are the same size though

Thanks mate!

I'm in Chepstow area every other weekend dude, what car does your car look like? I'll keep an eye out for you!

It's a silver 54 plate... reg OMZ. Hopefully should have my refurbed alloys on by next week. I've gone for the standard alloys in a darker colour with carbon style VRS inserts.

she's looking a bit rubbish at the minute 'coz the spoiler is peeling like crazy!! Will have to get it done soon... just a case of getting around to it.

Hopefully see you around!! :hi:

After being off the road for 5 weeks, I finally have my car back!!

It hopped in and out of a couple of garages, and went to the body shop to fix a ding.

The massive problems I was encountering turned out to be camshaft failure.

Check out my lobes and tappets...

4ae6720c.jpg

ca0f00fc.jpg

It was diagnosed and repaired at Euro-Performance in Pontyclun, couldn't have asked for better service! Top guys who carried out a fantastic job, really know their stuff and went out of their way to ensure it was done in time for my holiday.

It's had a new camshaft, tappets, timing belt, oil and filter, engine flush, diesel treatment and shell bearings.

The car sounds and feels better than ever. Didn't realise just how noisy it was (coming from a 3 cylinder Diesel it sounded quiet!).

I can get back to it now! Was almost getting used to driving a car with no character, speed and that I didn't give a hoot about..

The guys from Euro-Performance also mentioned that they think my car's been mapped judging from past experience with other PD130s. I'm hoping not, as I was looking forward to the extra power! Will have to keep my eyes out for local rolling road days and see for sure.

Just having a read through this, great project!

How did the garage source and track down the issue with the camshaft?

It's a silver 54 plate... reg OMZ. Hopefully should have my refurbed alloys on by next week. I've gone for the standard alloys in a darker colour with carbon style VRS inserts.

she's looking a bit rubbish at the minute 'coz the spoiler is peeling like crazy!! Will have to get it done soon... just a case of getting around to it.

Hopefully see you around!! :hi:

Great stuff. I'll keep my eye out!

Just having a read through this, great project!

How did the garage source and track down the issue with the camshaft?

I believe the first point of call was a compression test, followed by a visual inspection including the camshaft.

Where did you get that storage thingy under the parcel shelf? Looks good. Want one!

Second hand from a Polo user years ago, sorry mate I have no info on it!

Thanks mate.

Haven't time to look at it since unfortunately.

Had a huuge leak from my drivers door after last nights torrential rain, (seriously, like a 3 inch puddle!) so I've gotta sort that out before moving forward with anything else

Officially in love with you're interior ;) feeling a bit glum as my car is very poorly atm and I'm missing her :( fair play mate. You have an immense attention to detail, and judging by the work done a truck load of patience :) roughly how much did doing the seats set you back? :)

Yeh if you're paying out right for them then they can be a bit pricey, well worth it though!

It may be on the cards, got to sort out running problems first, costing a fortune lol,

A dull question I'm sure but what is OEM and IMO ?