Clutch life - Fabia VRS

Mat.M.

When did you have your clutch changed?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. When did you have your clutch changed?

• 0-20K
    • 21-50K
    • 51-80K
    • 81-100K
    • 101K+

Its occured to me today my 2005 Fabia VRS has covered 99k on the original clutch. I estimate 75% has been motorway driving. It feel like it has another few thousand left in it.

When was your clutch changed?

My elder brother has the pd100 estate with 125k on clock- pretty much all motorway driving and it's still on the original clutch- only mechanical parts done if I remember correctly- cambelt, disks, pads and other usual parts. This is one of the main reasons I brought a skoda :)

My elder brother has the pd100 estate with 125k on clock- pretty much all motorway driving and it's still on the original clutch- only mechanical parts done if I remember correctly- cambelt, disks, pads and other usual parts. This is one of the main reasons I brought a skoda :)

Uprated mine at 125k ish and apparently didn't look too bad, had life left in it... :)

nearly 110k on the original clutch in my vRS. It been mapped for about 8k on standard turbo, and 8k on 150 turbo. Plus the turbo was only replaced as i wanted a 150, not because that gave up. So i still have the original turbo, and still run the original clutch :)

Good old skoda

PD100 estate at 130K and no signs of problems and its been mapped for 20K of that.

injectors and turbo will be next so I expect to have to upgrade it for that but will wait for it to fail or at least start to show signs.

most of my miles are motorway but it does get a fair bit of spirited driving (read: abuse) :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

same clutch 105k on the clock and been remaped since 14k on the clock (8 months old). Been on various track days, santa pod runs and even the ring. Still fine though may possibly change it soon for peace of mind reasons.

Clutch life is really down to driving technique drive sensible long clutch life. Drive like a boy racer idiot, short clutch life, its really that simple in most cases.

• 3 weeks later...

My car was first registered in August 2006, now on it's second cambelt at 140,000 miles but the original clutch is still there.

The car generally just does long-ish trips. It's very unusual that it does less than 40 miles once the engine is started and if it changes gear more than 5 or 6 times on that journey I would be very surprised. I reckon the clutch could go on a very long time yet.

130,000ish miles. Wasnt slipping at all, that was on mapped power. Was removed to put a uprated one in, with a hybrid turbo. DMF was fecked tho :rofl:

Out of interest, how does a fecked DMF sound or act?

• 9 months later...

I am just coming up for 140K on my 2005 Vrs Fabia - a bit sticky sometimes getting into First or Reverse but doesn't slip. Is it likely to go suddenly, or can I go for a few more miles?