Remember to highlight your talking about Yeti's

The Plumber

Noticed the Yeti forum has been hit with a cleansing sweep post site revamp, even what I would class as fairly Yeti orianted items have moved elsewhere :wonder:

Had three days driving around in an Octavia II Elegance 1.6 TDI 105 with just over 5k on the clock. Nice motor and fairly on par with the Yeti 110 4x4 in terms of real performance. Fuel consumption though was in the main a disappointment, on two of the three days I struggled to better 54 on the trip computer (no maxidot) although on the second day I did get 62 (which I've managed with the Yeti). Ride and handling were again similar to the Yeti, however it lacked the sure footedness of the 4x4, with the back end fishtailing off white lines in the wet. Tyre roar was also much more noticeable from the 205/55 R16 91VContinental SportContact 2's than the 215/60 R16 95H PremiumContact2's on my own monster.

The lack of standard kit compared to the Yeti at Elegance spec further stood out with a number of items missing of the list; such as leather seats, xenon's, steering controls, ESP and auto lights. The cloth seats were OK but I found the role type lumber support not as effective as the leaver version on our monster and the seat base felt that bit narrower and impinging under thigh.

Would not stop me from owning one and as I said it's a nice motor but if you don't need the large boot then a Yeti Elegance Greenline although more expensive (about £1800) looks better value.

Wonder if this will be in the Octavia forum in the morning :rofl:

TP

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The lack of standard kit compared to the Yeti at Elegance spec further stood out with a number of items missing of the list; such as leather seats, xenon's, steering controls, ESP and auto lights. The cloth seats were OK but I found the role type lumber support not as effective as the leaver version on our monster and the seat base felt that bit narrower and impinging under thigh.

You are not comparing like with like as the Yeti/Octavia Specs designations are offset - the Octavia Elegance broadly compares with the Yeti SE; the Yeti Elegance broadly compares with the Octavia L&K.

Likewise at the bottom end Yeti has the E = Octavia S; Yeti S = Octavia SE

Noticed the Yeti forum has been hit with a cleansing sweep post site revamp, even what I would class as fairly Yeti orianted items have moved elsewhere :wonder:

You have to admit though that some of the Yeti owners post just about everything in the the Yeti forum, even when it's nothing to do with a Yeti :wall:

For example if you are talking about tyres then that info can be just as relevant to Fabia, Roomster, Octavia and Superb.

There is more to Briskoda than just the Yeti forum and some owners need to 'get out a bit more' (of the Yeti forum) :giggle:

You have to admit though that some of the Yeti owners post just about everything in the the Yeti forum, even when it's nothing to do with a Yeti :wall:

For example if you are talking about tyres then that info can be just as relevant to Fabia, Roomster, Octavia and Superb.

There is more to Briskoda than just the Yeti forum and some owners need to 'get out a bit more' (of the Yeti forum) :giggle:

Maybe some of us don't want to. Tyre talk for example can very specific to the car; the effects of tyre changes may be very different on different models. And I want to be able to find what I want quickly rather than have to go bouncing around multiple forums in search of what I want to know. BAD MODERATORS!!!

I said something similar when people were making the Yeti out to be the best thing since sliced bread

I thought that attitude had gone, but it seems to have resurrected itself to a slight degree

I've got nothing but praise for the moderating team, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't create any more 'work' for themselves than they have to

Keep up the good work guys :thumbup

I said something similar when people were making the Yeti out to be the best thing since sliced bread

I thought that attitude had gone, but it seems to have resurrected itself to a slight degree

I've got nothing but praise for the moderating team, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't create any more 'work' for themselves than they have to

Its a bit of a shame - although I can understand the reasons why. I don't have time to trawl through everything on the other forums and the sorting on this website doesn't seem to work properly when searching for new items. Just hope I don't miss too much!

This is a stupid bout of hyperactivity by mods with too little to do.

What interest should I have in the tyre choices of Fabia or Superb owners? What value is there in our views of what works well on Yetis for others.

My ride and handling impressions following my fitting of 16" rims and winter tyres are a tiny contribution to the -once lively- debate on here among people with the same chassis and body configuration.

This place appears to be run by and for people who either don't have Yetis or not even Skodas-Gadgetman is an owner of an octavia good luck to him but his chosen workhorse is a Ford. I have been in many and understand why people want them-I don't but he has dictated that Yeti owner's interests are secondary to his?

Mods are right to intervene if members post offensive or spamming material and to deal with trolls.

Their CDO (that's OCD in alphabetical order) filing based activities carried out without explanation or consultation are just annoying.

Speaking from mount olympus and locking their threads and pinning them is arrogant.

Do any of the Mods have a Yeti?

This forum is for Yeti owners or those interested in them.

Are you surprised they are in favour of them?

Why should you mind what Yeti owners want to discuss?

Maybe some of us don't want to. Tyre talk for example can very specific to the car; the effects of tyre changes may be very different on different models. And I want to be able to find what I want quickly rather than have to go bouncing around multiple forums in search of what I want to know. BAD MODERATORS!!!

Staff are simply tidying the forum as if you look at the 1st page, how many if those removed ARE Yeti specific? No one have BT or car taxing issues unless they.own a Yeti?

Sorry if this doesn't sit well, but the purpose of model specific forums isn't for general chit chat and never has been. The Yeti forum is no exception to this long standing design.

Maybe we need a Yeti owning moderator. :giggle:

Anyway, I can see why some things have been moved. Many people in the Yeti section hardly ever (or never) post in other sections of the forum. But at the end of the day that's their choice.

I'm not sure moving so many threads, rather than just the worst offending ones, will be seen as anything other than heavy handed use of moderator powers though.

There is a £3500 difference between a yeti 4x4 elegance and a octy 1.6 elegance.

£3500 can buy a lot of kit that is 'missing'

iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by prolfe

There is a £3500 difference between a yeti 4x4 elegance and a octy 1.6 elegance.

iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi profile,

was more comparing with a Yeti Elegance 1.6TDI GreenLine in terms of cost rather than my 4x4. Also appreciate from an earlier post that the Octy Elegance is more akin to a Yeti SE. However they both sit on very similar platforms and therefore from someone looking in the differance does look odd when comparing like for like trim names :wonder:

Also not dissing the Octy it's a very fine car (I've owned three) but in my view the Yeti is better.

Regards,

TP

Like 4x4?

The 2wd and 4x4 Yetis are about £2000 different. So that's a fair chunk of it right there. :thumbup:

I like the Octavia, but wouldn't have one because I work in the private hire industry and they are really popular. I tend to prefer things that are a bit different.

Anyway, I think is going off on a bit of a tangent. When did we start comparing costings of the Yeti and Octavia?

This forum is for Yeti owners or those interested in them.

Are you surprised they are in favour of them?

Why should you mind what Yeti owners want to discuss?

It's not that I mind, but it is a free world, and I am entitled to an opinion, that is what I understood a forum to be about

It's not that I mind, but it is a free world, and I am entitled to an opinion, that is what I understood a forum to be about

Who let him in? :rofl:

Fred

Now now -the fact we may not be especially interested in other Skodas is no reason not to welcome those who are. It doesn't do to be snobbish about the taxi trade!

I haven't seen any Yeti taxis so far.......wonder why?

I haven't seen any Yeti taxis so far.......wonder why?

The boot is too small and the 4x4 gear to heavy to lug around all day! :giggle: