Snow !

Yetiflute

Blizzard conditions right now just East of Carlisle. Today I have to go to a concert at a very rural Church near Hadrian's Wall - venue with a sodden grass car park. Just wondering if my winter tyred 4x4 Yeti will be a suitable vehicle for the occasion. :rofl:

Over on the east coast we have a blueish sky and some sun; mild for the time of year.

Wouldn't broadcast to much that you have snow, might get a hoard of skier's descend on you. Just been reading that parts of the Alps are lacking a lot of the white stuff they traditionally expect at this time of the year. According to the BBC, a hotel in Austria has hired some chimney sweeps to pray for snow; assume that must be the local equivalent of an Indian rain dance :wonder: :giggle:

TP

Local radio reporting that on the Motorway (M6) between Penrith and Carlisle there was an ice storm earlier am and several accidents have been reported. Even with my Yeti I would prefer to avoid those conditions.

Yep not looking good anywhere in the alpes at the moment been watching the webcams at resorts and it looks like a warm summers day at them not even a hint of snow i hope this year is not a wash out need to get my fix of the white stuff

Blizzard conditions right now just East of Carlisle. Today I have to go to a concert at a very rural Church near Hadrian's Wall - venue with a sodden grass car park. Just wondering if my winter tyred 4x4 Yeti will be a suitable vehicle for the occasion. :rofl:

It still hasn't made it to Newcastle, yet. Although looking at the skies I don't think it will be long before we some snow as well.

It's as well that Scarlet got her winter boots on last week.

Got nothing down towards Whitehaven emoticon-0106-crying.gif

Just a light dusting here, about 2cm. Very cold wind though. Talk about timing we fitted winter tyres to my wife's audi yesterday. The yeti has had them on for a month already

Yep not looking good anywhere in the alpes at the moment been watching the webcams at resorts and it looks like a warm summers day at them not even a hint of snow i hope this year is not a wash out need to get my fix of the white stuff

Webcams from Espace Killy and Trois Vallees showing a dusting of snow today, and heavier stuff forecast for the next few days. last year there was a big early dump (November) but then nothing for months and icy conditions in January. Hopefully now it's arriving it will keep coming. I'm off for a week in January, and then for two more in March. Oh, and this is a Yeti post - I'll be driving out in March.

0.01mm on top of Stoodey pike gerrup there flat country lad !!!! :)

Hi Peter ... too busy driving to post much these days? :giggle: Hope you're well.

On arrival at the concert venue I had to park on the sodden grass. Other vehicles were nervously reversing off the drive to park in the quagmire alongside - hoping for a successful departure after the concert. I simply drove off the drive into the field, did a wide circuit in the soggy field and parked up adjacent the next vehicle - an oldish Octavia with two amazed occupants who then interrogated me about the Yeti saying that they were amazed at the success of my manouvre. Felt quite chuffed with my Yeti.

Monday morning and it's arrived in the Calder Valley. Not deep snow, just a dusting, but I've got to drive over the moors to Ilkley today, so the first mini-test of the Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons.

Likewise Bobdog. Just drove from Halifax to Baildon on the B roads as normal - Vredsteins on the Yeti didn't slide once on the ice and slush. But the 2 stuck Mercedes, 3 Series show it was slippy (and the young lad in the hedge in his Subaru WRX, I didn't stop (he was fine and on his phone calling help) to explain that real rally drivers change tyres too!)

well i could...

but i would be lying and have to use a photo from last year.

all we've had so far is a couple of sharp frosts.

bring on the snow i say

Awh! I want snow too!!!!!! emoticon-0106-crying.gif I'm all winter tyred up and had a mere puddle of water to drive through yesterday to go buy the Christmas trees in Essex!

photo10n.jpg

Yes there is NO snow in that picture. Grrr.

can anyone describe in simple terms how the yeti manages to cope with wintery snowy conditions and how best am i to drive it.. Last winter i just didnt drive!! The yeti 4x4 is his car, he's away for a few weeks working and i still have to get out and about. It has the off-road button

Hi

Just drive steady in the snow with off road button on if there is more than just a covering in particular up/down hill on steeper bits.Avoid braking and if you do not hard keep well back from other vehicles.Get into highest gear as soon as you can and downhill use gears for engine braking rather than brakes.

Have you got winter tyres? they make a lot of difference.

Cheers :cocktail:

Peter

post-15727-0-97193900-1323083637_thumb.jpg

Whats the prize James??? :)

The satisfaction of being the first!

That photos is lovely by the way, I really like the colours of the sky. It's been saved and is in my screensaver folder now. So I'll see it every day now!