Does the factory ever put free accessories in ?

Was at the dealers the other day and he said there was 2 pre-built Octavia's available (at the port in Germany) for immediate delivery (so I would get it within 2 weeks). He also said that 1 had a spare wheel and the other had mats so it was up to me.

Its only after I left the dealership I was wondering if they would charge me for them or if they were supplied by Skoda for free ?

I have never come across this before.

What do you guys reckon ?

The price for the car will include the options so are not free.

You have basically seen the pipeline of cars coming through, some would also be cancelled orders so a spare wheel may have been spec'd by someone.

In order for Skoda to address long lead times and back orders, it also took the decision to run off cars and get them in the pipeline and they included some with various options.

Unfortunately they won't be free

Dougall

The price for the car will include the options so are not free.

You have basically seen the pipeline of cars coming through, some would also be cancelled orders so a spare wheel may have been spec'd by someone.

In order for Skoda to address long lead times and back orders, it also took the decision to run off cars and get them in the pipeline and they included some with various options.

Unfortunately they won't be free

Dougall

OK thanks for that. Looks like I will have to pay for it then. Works out at about £65. Shame really as I was thinking of buying a set of winter wheels/tyres so I could have used one of them as an emergency wheels if I had the choice. Well actually I would have the factory supplied as the spare and put the 4 winters on of course :)

BTW: Is the Spare Wheel (as being supplied by Skoda) a regular sized or space server one ? and can the boot space actually take a full sized spare ?

Edited by Lanstrom

OK thanks for that. Looks like I will have to pay for it then. Works out at about £65. Shame really as I was thinking of buying a set of winter wheels/tyres so I could have used one of them as an emergency wheels if I had the choice. Well actually I would have the factory supplied as the spare and put the 4 winters on of course :)

BTW: Is the Spare Wheel (as being supplied by Skoda) a regular sized or space server one ? and can the boot space actually take a full sized spare ?

Depends on the model, what you going for?

The spare i have in my vRS (18" alloys) is a 16" steel wheel. Not near the car at the mo, so can't tell you the exact size, but it's what i would describe as a full size (even though it's not the same size as the alloys) - ie its not on of these very narrow wheels that you sometimes see.

it will be a full size spare as standard is the 16" Crateris wheels. if you were getting the optional 17" Palas wheels then it would be a space saver.

I believe the rule of thumb is that full size 16" wheel fits the spare wheel space in the boot floor but anything bigger doesn't, so needs the space saver

it will be a full size spare as standard is the 16" Crateris wheels. if you were getting the optional 17" Palas wheels then it would be a space saver.

I believe the rule of thumb is that full size 16" wheel fits the spare wheel space in the boot floor but anything bigger doesn't, so needs the space saver

OK thanks. My current Octy (2008 1.9 TDI Elegance) has a full sized alloy. GONE are them days eh !

I was hoping that the factory would write off any extras (include them for free) in order to shift the cars from their stock but obviously not. Mind you I guess I would have gotten the metallic paint free too then :)

Go for the spare wheel - don't forget that you aren't just getting a wheel - you get the jack and toolkit too.

It will be a full size equivilent wheel. IE i have 18's on mine but get a 16inch wheel of the same 'size'. They just class it as a space saver as it is an 18.

When I ordered my TSi I added mats and rear mudflaps to the spec. When I picked the car up I noticed they had not been charged, and the salesman said he had thrown them in for free.

My VRS DSG (diesel) estate came from the Port of Release as well. It was already specced with Variable Boot Floor, Floor mats, Full size spare & Leather seats. I didn't have to pay for any of them! Paid just over 21k. I did add on Lifeshine though.

Bought my octy estate in March (before I knew Brisky existed) I wanted a 1.4TSI SE estate in white (decided before going to dealer) did the figures and was happy with them, he checked the system and found one for me, advised I could have it in a week, and that it had a spare wheel which was extra, we agreed to disagee the spare was an extra :giggle: and held him to the deal.

I have a feeling it was a cancelled order after reading some of the waiting times that have been posted on here.

So it wasn't free, just unpaid for. :thumbup:

The L&K used to have a full size spare on an alloy. They were 17" Alloys if I remember and as the boot floor pan was not changed as part of the face lift a 17" alloy should still fit. Also I know of at least one VRS owner who changed one of his old damaged alloys to be used as a spare when they bought a replacement.

Simon

A full size spare 205/55/16 has the same circumference as a 225/40/18 therefor the 18" will fit.

To be honest if the dealer is asking for £65 for a spare wheel, is he willing to lose the sale for £65???

A full size spare 205/55/16 has the same circumference as a 225/40/18 therefor the 18" will fit.

To be honest if the dealer is asking for £65 for a spare wheel, is he willing to lose the sale for £65???

It certainly will with a full sized zenith 18 as my spare :yes:

however the 18" is 20mm thicker than the 16"! so it will sit 2cm higher from the boot floor.

wouldn't that hinder the wheel from being "locked" down?!?!?

I asked for mats, mud flaps and a spare wheel to be thrown in the deal. The dealer replied that "the spare is already in the car, so that's one thing less to worry about".

I took that to mean I would not have to pay for it, but they are now trying to charge for it.

however the 18" is 20mm thicker than the 16"! so it will sit 2cm higher from the boot floor.

wouldn't that hinder the wheel from being "locked" down?!?!?

Nope , carpet sits a bit higher but worth it not to have a pram wheel in there, do contenental driving a lot so need a proper spare :thumbup:

Don't forget that with a factory ordered spare wheel you also get a jack, wheel brace and other bits.. Well worth £65. :thumbup:

I agree but the fact was that when I ordered the car I was told that the wheel was "already in the car" so I just wanted to know what peoples thoughts were on whether I should pay for it. My thinking was that if the factory had written the wheel off and sold the car as standard to my dealer then there is no reason that the dealer should be charging me for it. I have no way of proving if the dealer had to pay for the wheel or not though :(