Porsche Calipers

Right, the standard brakes on the vRS are pish.

What Porsche calipers can be run with the standard 312mm discs?

or

Does anyone know of somewhere that will make custom adapters for mounting calipers that run larger discs ie 330mm etc.

Thanks in advance:)

daz_pd have you got the Porsche setup?

Where about's in NI are you.

I see you have a dyno printout from AI. Did Jonny do your mapping for you or did you just get a power run done with him?

Sorry for all the questions lol

I have 996 turbo calipers on Merc R500 / ML500 350mm discs. The carriers were from daveb. You need an 8mm or larger spacer with 18" Zeniths. They are annoyingly wide calipers though - they really restrict what wheels you can run. You can pretty much forget anything with any decent lips. brimma has Cayenne 6pot calipers on the same discs.

I think if I were doing it again I'd get thinner calipers like Aston Martin ones or VWR.

daz_pd have you got the Porsche setup?

Where about's in NI are you.

I see you have a dyno printout from AI. Did Jonny do your mapping for you or did you just get a power run done with him?

Sorry for all the questions lol

Hey up, good to see another N.I. member, Im just recently runnign the Porsche setup ( from last week) and just had the dyno run done there at a recent RR day I organised, Im running a Shark Performance map.

nah lad, Shark Performance STS system, just load the map on and off myself as and when suits. those 6 pots fit yeah, but they are a little too big for my liking, they require bigger alloys, weight more, need bigger discs etc!

nah lad, Shark Performance STS system, just load the map on and off myself as and when suits. those 6 pots fit yeah, but they are a little too big for my liking, they require bigger alloys, weight more, need bigger discs etc!

Hum...don't like the sound of that. Going to have a look for Leon Cupra Brembos.

How do you find the Shark remap? I've had all my previous VAG's Revo'd

Hum...don't like the sound of that. Going to have a look for Leon Cupra Brembos.

How do you find the Shark remap? I've had all my previous VAG's Revo'd

Pretty sure the Cupra Brembo's from the previous gen won't fit. You need to be lookin at the 345mm discs and calipers off the current gen. Bolt straight on and are great. Alternatively, look for an identical R32 or S3 setup like me. Can be found for reasonable money, rears can be fitted too if you can stretch a little further.

With regards a remap, you can't go wrong with either Shark or Revo. I am stage 2 Revo and can't fault it.

I have 996 turbo calipers on Merc R500 / ML500 350mm discs. The carriers were from daveb. You need an 8mm or larger spacer with 18" Zeniths. They are annoyingly wide calipers though - they really restrict what wheels you can run. You can pretty much forget anything with any decent lips. brimma has Cayenne 6pot calipers on the same discs.

I think if I were doing it again I'd get thinner calipers like Aston Martin ones or VWR.

They are huge calipers, and yes, you are limited for wheels, however TD Pro Race 1.2s went over them at ET45 with 3mm spacers, so ET42 shoild clear without, and Compomotive CXTs at ET42 clear easily

Awesome stopping power, it's easy to see how they would pull up a Porsche Cayenne :)

NOt suggesting standard callipers are any good.... But Brembos are a pain! Corrode really badly and have sticky pistons all the time. I'd be looking at an aftermarket mono block.

IMHO 305 - 330s max are plenty big (and heavy) for a road car.

But it does matter which calipers you have as to which control module the car has the caliper will provide more braking force than the module expects. It wont be as simple as re-coding the Skoda module it wont accept a porsche code, you would have to fit a porsche module (Thats if the plug and mounting bolts are the same) It may work with the Skoda module but maybe not as it should.

Edited by 07 vRS Taxi

NOt suggesting standard callipers are any good.... But Brembos are a pain! Corrode really badly and have sticky pistons all the time. I'd be looking at an aftermarket mono block.

IMHO 305 - 330s max are plenty big (and heavy) for a road car.

Used OEM Brembos for the past 6 years on Evo's with no issues at all. It's how you look after them ;)

But it does matter which calipers you have as to which control module the car has the caliper will provide more braking force than the module expects. It wont be as simple as re-coding the Skoda module it wont accept a porsche code, you would have to fit a porsche module (Thats if the plug and mounting bolts are the same) It may work with the Skoda module but maybe not as it should.

I accept your point, however on any car if fitted bigger brakes in the past i've never had a issue (including my old MK1 Octy vRS)