32KOFDATA ///// Fabia Sport (MKII)

32KOFDATA

• 2 weeks later...

During my summer vacations I had the good luck to drive for a week my dad's Octavia and I felt jealous of the puddle lights that come with all Elegance models right below the wing mirror.
Besides the fact that they look cool at night, when locking/unlocking the car, out in the country, at night, they proved quite helpful.

H4idpor.jpg

So I started a bit of a research for which leds would be perfect for the job. At first I came across these leds which are called "Eagle Eye" and which the seller claims that are waterproof.

LdcH118.jpg

67w6sRg.jpeg

IRXl0le.jpeg

Indeed they are as I found out, because a friend of mine managed to drop one by mistake inside a glass of water while examining the led :giggle: and amazingly it survived with no issues what so ever. They are very durable as they got a steel casing and also they are seriously bright, probably the brightest leds I've seen (close to cree leds) plus they are quite cheap (bought a set for £5.50) Only issue is that their profile is too high something like 2cm :( which if installed under the wing mirror it will look terrible sticking out.

So back to eBay and after a bit of a search I found these "LED Autolamps Round White Marker Lights". More expensive (£11.95) BUT profile is 8mm, they are not only waterproof but fully submersible and the casing is made of rubber so they can be pushed in which means no glue or silicone (I hope). They are not as bright as the "Eagle Eyes" but the light they produce gives a nicer ambient effect which is probably more suitable for such applications.

01zcksF.jpeg

VvVxJAM.jpg

rv3alQi.jpeg

Anyways sometime soon I will open up the mirror and see what space we got to play with and make sure that they don't look odd sticking out from the bottom of the mirror - I'm hoping that 8mm will not be noticeable and the Fabia will look even nicer in the evenings. Watch this space :)

P.S. If you got any suggestions please let me know.

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 1

In other news, the bonnet is at the paint shop. It has been sanded down, holes and other minor defects have been filled up and it is awaiting a nice fresh coat of Black Magic Pearl. :rock:

Today I also received the aluminum mesh from "CarBodyDesign" http://stores.ebay.c...d=p4634.c0.m322 They got a great collection of powder coated black and aluminum meshes. Bought 2 got a 3rd one for free. Went for the smaller diamond mesh which is 3mmx5mm and the 3rd free piece I chose 4mmx6.5mm just in case (you never know). Great service too with UPS delivery. Highly recommended.

Here are some pics:

jqSsbz4.jpg

m1Ej37k.jpg

JWRGPGT.jpg

...can't wait.

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gave it a good clean today - it was a right mess for weeks now :giggle: from the pics I realized the punishment that front license plate has taken by other cars. :wall:

Two days ago I had the chance to test the bonnet under heavy rain. I was impressed to find out when I got home and opened the bonnet that the water just didn't get into the engine compartment. I think the tight mesh works almost like a sieve and the engine heat drys off any drops. Only today when washing the car with the pressure hose did I find some water spray inside but that was expected since the angle of the water was directly aimed to the vents.

CxMLbA8.jpg

tpycZxN.jpeg

u0JHsml.jpeg

KE626el.jpeg

ly6l6kB.jpeg

W35D0ZL.jpeg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 2

Here is a sneak preview of what I've been doing lately. I always wanted a leather interior and after a lot of debating regarding color schemes and designs I decided to play safe and choose black Nappa accompanied by red stitching. Actually what sealed the deal for me was pic of the A1 Quattro interior... I was in love.

Parts that got wrapped are steering wheel, seats, gear stick, handbrake and armrest. The design on the front seats was changed to match the lines found in the RS with some minor alterations, for the side panels we added a line of stitching just to make them look more interesting and for the rest we just followed the original lines. Finally for the armrest we decided to do the sort of stitching design found in the BT Fabia.

The feel of the seats is just great - hated the fact that before they felt too soft, I felt I was "sinking"... no more. Still I need to put all things back together (hence the funny looking gear lever ;) but I'm still waiting on my plastics to be painted in black magic pearl and then all will be ready. Yes I know black, black, black... Batmobile ;)

Anyways, soon as everything comes together I will post some proper pics for you. :) Let me know what you think so far.

img1772j.jpg

img1768k.jpg

img1765m.jpg

img1762rp.jpg

img1761f.jpg

I am only on page two, just found your build thread, and could not help myslef posting after seeing what you did with the interior. I am getting All Black vRS very shortly (hopefully) and red accents scheme was the thing to do for me always. What you did with the car is simply stunning (only on page 2 of your thread mind you!) That Black Nappa with red stiching is just pure delight! I will perhaps drive tro Grece so you could do mine as well - a nice excuse to take that car through its paces and visit Ze Ring on the way there :)

• Like 1