32KOFDATA ///// Fabia Sport (MKII)

32KOFDATA

Awesome looking car mate, I love the bonnet and I want your wheels!

Do you mind disclosing how much they were?

I like the idea of a custom fit/width!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bud,

I see you have the rear discs now...Did you have the drums originally..? If so, did you fit your rear discs using some sort of adapters for the callipers and carriers or it's the case of replacing the whole rear axle...?

Thank  you :)

Hi Bud,

I see you have the rear discs now...Did you have the drums originally..? If so, did you fit your rear discs using some sort of adapters for the callipers and carriers or it's the case of replacing the whole rear axle...?

Thank  you :)

Yes the car came with those drums so fitting the larger discs didn't require to replace the axle. As far as I know going from drums to discs doesn't require you to change the axle in general.

• Like 1

Yes the car came with those drums so fitting the larger discs didn't require to replace the axle. As far as I know going from drums to discs doesn't require you to change the axle in general.

We tried and had the brake set up from Fabia MK1 VRS and we couldn't work out where it how to attach the callipers but we might have missed something...do you have some sort of the guide please...? That'd really help... ;)

• 5 months later...

When spring comes I will have the time and money to work on the car - cosmetic changes mainly... until then I leave you with some pics from our Skoda Club meet last weekend.

35DmJ1o.jpeg

PvrH83b.jpeg

m99C4zC.jpeg

pvkTRfb.jpeg

idatSkF.jpeg

WwskMoD.jpeg

7JCDDKo.jpeg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

A while ago a member on here was complaining about the Fabia's (MKII) lower fabric dashboard fittings. I run into the same problem too as they tend to loose their shape over time and in one ocassion fell on my feet while driving. I managed to find at the scrappy an alternative which was used in the early Fabias and is made of styrofoam. It is far more rigid which means it stays put and it will never lose shape. Only issue I can see but not a deal braker is that you have to be gentle when revoming them otherwise they will probably crack. The ones pictured are LHD with codes 5J1863081C and 5J1663082A - I'm guessing that the RHD will be very similar in code if anyone wants to inquire with their dealer and I would expect them to be very cheap. Just thought I'd share.

BOBWlmt.jpeg

mfdlIab.jpeg

L3PR6ka.jpeg

iGmD6XA.jpeg

Q2xTsqA.jpeg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well it's been a while.  :blush: I will slowly update with a number of minor and major changes to the car starting with a minor change this time but major with regards to installation. 

The harsh summer sun around here has taken its tall on the rubber seal around the base of the antenna.

The rubber dried up and chunks of it started coming off. I bet the black roof has also helped in this detearation.

0KRTBhV.jpeg

On ebay there are loads of listings of cheap replacements. Look for them with the key words "Roof Aerial Antenna Gasket Seal Skoda"

The one below was not a perfect fit as I had to cut away a small bit of it in order to facilitate the base properly so keep that in mind when looking around. Still it did the job fine.

grS5oot.jpeg

4ePSUsS.jpeg

What was a pain was to access the base of the aerial.  :wall: All boot panels had to be removed as well as the roof liner which comes down by removing all handles and side panels.

If you try to bring down the roof without removing those parts you will definitely crease it and it will look nasty.

RpQad20.jpeg

From now on I will keep an eye on this little rubber seal.

I think that every now and then I will use some Poorboy's Trim Restorer to keep it in good shape otherwise I hate to go through this ordeal again.  :thumbup:

eLtlIkY.jpeg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi

Very nice mod, glad you are still in the "game" after seeing the great progress over the previous pages, I had worried you may have move on!!

PLEASE keep up the good work and keep us informed.

All the very best

Steve

• Like 1

After painting in gloss black handles, air vents, dash pod etc. I felt that the top part of the dash needed a dash of paint.

The interior looks great like that, with the vents and door did you sand then use primer? Which gloss black paint did you use ? Cheers

• Like 1

nkwVfgw.jpeg

Under wraps... got a good deal on these used Recaro seats off a Ford Focus RS that was broken for parts. 

Waiting from Germany the base frame that willl allow the seats to be properly mounted in the car.

Will get them wrapped in leather and red stitching to match the rest of the interior. 

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 4

IMG_3580_zpsulrericc.jpg

Under wraps... got a good deal on these used Recaro seats off a Ford Focus RS that was broken for parts.

Waiting from Germany the base frame that willl allow the seats to be properly mounted in the car.

Will get them wrapped in leather and red stitching to match the rest of the interior.

Now this I want to see! Amazing choice of seats, no one has done this everyone seems to stick within VAG. Recaro too ? Bet they feel great. Fair play best mk2 out there.

• Like 3