32KOFDATA ///// Fabia Sport (MKII)

32KOFDATA

Thank you guys :):thumbup:

No worries D_H and thank you so much for the info - got all the part numbers off a Norwegian (I think) website a while ago.

At the moment I managed to track down side skirts, rear fender flares and the pieces at the rear bumper.

I need now to find the front fender ones...

Was never happy with the look of the Fabia's aircon dials. Even the redesign still looks crap.

v2etpAS.jpg

Since I installed the chrome light switch I decided to put a bit more chrome in the interior and so I got myself a set of switches off a Passat aircon unit.

Same chrome switches can be found in certain trim levels of VWs and Audis.

Zs3itAu.jpg

Installing these needs a lot of modification but I'm confident they will look nice when finished. 

maEdzo4.jpg

siQMvlA.jpg

vzRxjlp.jpg

Watch this space :)

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

WOW! I think I'm in love!! That is indeed THE best 5J worldwide! Kudos to you bro!

This thread is going sticky for further updates :D

I'm new here on the forum but I had my 2008 1.4 a few years. How about a trubo conversio on the BXW engine?

Since my Fia lacks power I wil start with slight estetic improvments.

Cheers mate!

WOW! I think I'm in love!! That is indeed THE best 5J worldwide! Kudos to you bro!

This thread is going sticky for further updates :D

I'm new here on the forum but I had my 2008 1.4 a few years. How about a trubo conversio on the BXW engine?

Since my Fia lacks power I wil start with slight estetic improvments.

Cheers mate!

Cheers :) If I could I would have transplanted a completely different engine into the car, probably a 1.8 or 2.0 but unfortunately it is illegal where I come from. Any such conversion is illegal and they can confiscate your vehicle... that though hasn't stopped many others. So turbo is the next best choice and indeed it is in my plans. Mechanically is the easy part but with regards to ecu tuning my programmer is not very keen. He is scared that it will never work well so at the moment he has frozen my dream for more hp.

I still need to discuss it further with him but since he has tuned the car to perfection I don't trust anyone else. Another thing I'm contemplating is a compressor. Some German tuning shop has done it and got 40hp with stock internals so it is another option.

Anyways all the best with your Fabia and welcome to the forum - why don't you start a project page yourself?  :)

Edited by 32KOFDATA

• 1 month later...

A couple of weeks ago I updated my Pioneer AVH-3200BT with a Kenwood DNX525DAB

What attracted me at first was the looks and the fact that this unit is designed with VW vehicles in mind.

It fits without the need of extra, usually ugly, extra plastic frames to cover the gap between unit and pod frame and aesthetically it does suit well the VW group styling.

After playing with the unit for a couple of weeks here is my personal view on the unit.

a6yDFWi.jpg

Pros:

Looks, I know they are subjective but my honest opinion is that this unit blends with our interior extremely well. After tweaking the button colours the unit makes the car's interior more up to date may I say?

Built quality is high, really shows, from the buttons to the screen to the body of the unit.

Sound quality is impressive, it is actually much better than my previous unit which is very capable. Warm, rich sound and bass, drives all four speakers efforlessly, didn't need to play with the equalizer much.

A great deal of options to fine tune the sound for each individual source to the point being overwhelming. Still good to have.

Nice clear 7" screen

GPS Navigation provided by Garmin - quick and accurate and is also updatable.

DAB+ native support

Bluetooth connectivity is very solid - has never failed, picks up my Samsung phone straight away. Streaming music from the phone is easy too and sound quality is great too. 

Can be controlled through steering wheel controls.

USB stick and SD slots.

Android, iPhone and ipod support.

Reverse camera input is supported.

Detatchable front plate - not many 2DIN units do this. It is a welcome extra security feature besides a password.

Cons:

Processor is slow - the menus are slightly sluggish. For a top end unit I would expect this to fly.

Weird filling system which doesn't allow you to have more than 255 tracks per folder. WTF?

Shuffle option doesn't allow you to shuffle through more than one folder at a time. 2nd WTF?

No DAB antenna included in the box, needs to be purchased separatly. 

No canbus harness included, needs to be purchased separatly otherwise you can't control the unit through your steering wheel etc.

Pricey

Knowing the above cons would I have gone for a different unit? short answer is NO. The pros are far more substantial so for now I'm very happy with my choice. :thumbup:

XqwkiSN.jpg

fL4BxGH.jpg

Dp4Qisv.jpg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 3

I don't know why some of the things was missing from your box. Mine came with everything, there was no extra cost, just plug and play.

No clue mate - but I'm not the only one - other's had the same experience from reviews I've found on amazon.co.uk Maybe something changed in the packaging? or maybe my car as an older model has different requirements? The DAB antenna though is for sure not included as it is stated on Kenwood's site that it needs to be purchased separatly.

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still hunting a few illusive Monte Carlo parts to finish the exterior.

If anyone has any leads please let me know :) thanx  :thumbup:

AXnjv6X.jpg

5J0 853 065 F9R

5J0 853 066 F9R

5J0 853 507 A F9R

5J0 853 508 A F9R

Edited by 32KOFDATA

• 3 weeks later...

Went over this morning (couldn't resist), one is in.

2016-06-10%2009.25.48_zpsor1px8xp.jpg

skoda f#$ked up... this should have been a optional extra from factory, like everybody tells me.

They look mega buddy hope your happy with them.

Have you don't the air bag light yet?

• Like 1

skoda f#$ked up... this should have been a optional extra from factory, like everybody tells me.

They look mega buddy hope your happy with them.

Have you don't the air bag light yet?

Thanx man - it is a shame really they don't offer something at least sportier. They came out great mate (check pis later).

Installing a resistor was one of the first things I did when I got the seats - my electrician found the Ohm resistance and it was a simple fix, cost me nothing, no lights.

Absolutely stunning. Very jealous, would love seats like this in mine. What car did they come from again?

Ford Focus RS but can be found also in Megane Cup or Mini Cooper S R56 and others. Name of the seat is Recaro Sportster CS.

• Like 1