fabia vrs v ford foucs st

payner

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm... well, considering he's said a "300bhp ST", I'd imagine it's a Mk2 ST225, rather than the Mk1 ST170.

Unless there's some serious modification going on to a ST170!

Erm... well, considering he's said a "300bhp ST", I'd imagine it's a Mk2 ST225, rather than the Mk1 ST170.

Unless there's some serious modification going on to a ST170!

Well that's what I thought, perhaps the op and his mate might be into serious modding.

And this is The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, where we have bends.

But no, the ST, as I said... completely different league. It's more a man vs. boy thing :)

Is still disagree with you but anyway lol

As the op said he asked about mid gear pull and off the line the fab would keep up no sweat :)

by the time the OP had spent enough money and done enough mods to do what he'd want his mate with the Focus will most likely have grown up enough not to care about such things.

Hi, if i tuned my fabia vrs to 240bhp and nearly 400 ft torque would it keep up with a focus st tuned to 300bhp in mid gear pull and off the line?

or would it be better to get a octavia vrs and tune it to a bit over 300bhp. what mods do u need to get mk2 octavia vrs to 300bhp?

thanks

Forget about it and enjoy the MPG or sell up and buy something appropriate to fight it out.

Of the options you mention, you're giving away at leat 300cc in displacement. In the real world that means his car will more likely react quicker and be quicker than yours (drag strip excluded).

J.

the reason i asked is because my mate has got a st and i got a fabia vrs and i wanted to get some more power out of mine to keep up.

Racing on public highway =

crash2.jpg

As said a 270bhp fabia drummed a focus RS on a quarter mile and a 300bhp RS will be significantly faster than a 300bhp st with the much better drivetrain and revoknuckle diff etc. a 240 fabia won't be much slower than a 270 if Richard can remember the diff in times between his and Luke's.

I had an ST before the Fabia. Completly standard ST, didnt handle as well as the Fabia, was thirsty as **** and not that quick for the 220bhp it made at the RR.

The fiances Cupra Tdi wasnt far off the pace of it, and i'd say had it had a better driver at the time the cupra would have been as quick [its mapped and 198 bhp]

My Fabia isnt too far of the Cupra either but theres no way I'd get past it.

So to answer your question, a 240 bhp Fabia would muller an ST!