LEGO, are you ever too old?

Tech1e

Crawler Crane arrived Saturday. Easy build (helped a bit by some of the gear wheels being illustrated life size) and now about done bar the rigging, which will have to wait until I've got the AAs to run the hook and boom winches.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had some space lego too early 90s vintage but it all black bricks with green "glass".

One set which was red and grey. With an M Logo on sime parts.

Must do some googling and figure out what it was. I didnt appreciate my lego properly... all sets got fired into one big tub... not a good plan with hindsight...

Having bought a Yeti minifigure for my car which has pride of place on the dash, I am now looking to add to it with a Scuba diver one and I think I have one of Ebay!

Sad I know but what the hell!

Don't have a yeti but do have a green racing car driver type figure bluetacked to the dash of my Civic... The wife thinks I'm mad but the kids love it!

• Like 1

Don't have a yeti but do have a green racing car driver type figure bluetacked to the dash of my Civic... The wife thinks I'm mad but the kids love it!

I have Batman perched above my rear view mirror.

If you really want a proper customised Minifigure, I use www.minifigs.me

• Like 2

Glad I am not the only one! :clap: :thumbup:

The diver is going on the dash to celebrate me passing my PADI OW diver course.

I have Batman perched above my rear view mirror.

If you really want a proper customised Minifigure, I use www.minifigs.me

I he hanging upside down?

Or would spiderman be better in that position?

I hate that Consoles have almost made LEGO obsolete for kids, but seeing the prices I can understand why. £150 gets you an impressive kit, but it can only be built one or two ways. Consoles cane be bought for more but off more 'replayability'. A real shame...

I'm 28 so probably at the age where I was the last generation to have LEGO in their childhood.  I remember building 16+ kits when I was 7 and being well chuffed that I had to fix my dad's mistakes ha.

This was one of my favorites (image nicked off Google) http://benwake.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/SDC14071.jpg

After reading this thread, I might dig out my technic set out of the attic.  Any good kits out there for £50 or so? I like the stand Technics, not themed ones...

Edited by planehazza

I'm 28 so probably at the age where I was the last generation to have LEGO in their childhood.

Nah... My girls have just turned 8 and 11 and have stacks of the stuff...

Well having not played with Lego for about 20 years when I was about 12 I decided to give it a go again after speaking with a friend who was going on about it.

I think I was a bit ambitious with my first go but I completed it tonight.

post-67678-0-74438300-1440461693_thumb.jpg

It's even remote controlled, Lego has certainly got more complicated than I remember!

It was great fun I've just got to decide what to get next!!

I hate that Consoles have almost made LEGO obsolete for kids, but seeing the prices I can understand why. £150 gets you an impressive kit, but it can only be built one or two ways. Consoles cane be bought for more but off more 'replayability'. A real shame...

I'm 28 so probably at the age where I was the last generation to have LEGO in their childhood.  I remember building 16+ kits when I was 7 and being well chuffed that I had to fix my dad's mistakes ha.

This was one of my favorites (image nicked off Google) http://benwake.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/SDC14071.jpg

After reading this thread, I might dig out my technic set out of the attic.  Any good kits out there for £50 or so? I like the stand Technics, not themed ones...

Go on-line and you can probably find the "crawler crane" (QV P10 and 11 this thread) for that sort of money. Working tracked jib crane that even looks and works like a real one (other than having no steering).

Well having not played with Lego for about 20 years when I was about 12 I decided to give it a go again after speaking with a friend who was going on about it.

I think I was a bit ambitious with my first go but I completed it tonight.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It's even remote controlled, Lego has certainly got more complicated than I remember!

It was great fun I've just got to decide what to get next!!

I suggest getting a tipper truck of some sort, so you've got something to load with the shovel.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...