LEGO, are you ever too old?

Tech1e

Just a heads up, but Tesco have 3 for 2 on all toys including Lego at the moment.

Thanks.

Just picked up the Audi R18, Ford Mustang and Corvette Z06 to add to the collection  :thumbup:

Just a heads up, but Tesco have 3 for 2 on all toys including Lego at the moment.

Cheers mate.

Just picked up 3x 60052 and 3x 60051. My son wants a 60052 for his birthday next month and I didn't have any so this has worked out well.

Edited by Nick P

slight hijack, but those that are into lego - have you ever looked into the metal earth model kits?

Yes, and I've never been more pleased to own modelling knives, jewellers' files and an etching bending tool.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Get saving those pennies boys and girls, the 1/8 scale LEGO Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS is coming:

2,704 pieces. £249.99 RRP. Full colour collectors book included.

LEGO-Technic-42056-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-10

LEGO-Technic-42056-Porsche-911-Box-Art-1

LEGO-Technic-42056-Porsche-911-Box-Back-

Hmmmmm.......looks good, but for me, a bit further along the line of being 'distant from proper Lego'.

A plethora of pre-shaped parts, can you use them to build something else?

That right there is my issue with alot of these flagship models, its almost like a glue free airfix kit. I like the stuff that is just good old fashioned standard bricks/parts put together to make the model work, rather than a one off model..

still looks good, if a bit gappy in some areas.

• Like 1

I have inspiration to start collecting Lego now after getting the Ghostbusters ecto1 for Christmas.

I really like the look of the Pirates of the Caribbean sets, but they are getting a little tricky to find

• 3 weeks later...

I really want a new small, fiddly kit, but nothing appeals to me. I want a really detailed kit with lots of little bits ideally with pneumatics etc. Trouble is, everything is large and expensive, and space and money are two things I'm currently short on ha. 

I've got three trains (Horizon express, 60051,7938) and a good amount of track and a couple of stations on the go now. It is definitely my favourite Lego theme.

We've got proper station name signs made out of the letters from 850425. I've got loads more stations, track and trains to introduce down from the loft once my youngest is old enough to stop randomly putting bits in his mouth.

Also just started on my Arocs which arrived yesterday. £110 from Flubit - bargain!

Edited by Nick P
  • Like 1

I've got three trains (Horizon express, 60051,7938) and a good amount of track and a couple of stations on the go now. It is definitely my favourite Lego theme.

We've got proper station name signs made out of the letters from 850425. I've got loads more stations, track and trains to introduce down from the loft once my youngest is old enough to stop randomly putting bits in his mouth.

Also just started on my Arocs which arrived yesterday. £110 from Flubit - bargain!

I really want some train stuff after watching this:

I also bought the Mercedes truck and planned to store it until I have space to build it, I've got quite a lot of Lego sets stored that way as once they go out of stock the price just gets silly but looking at the box for the truck it does look very impressive.

John

• Like 1

Started making this over the weekend with my 11 yr old daughter.  It's one of my old ones from when I was a kid.

So far only the engine is done and she struggled a bit as the instructions were a bit more sparse than they are now...

post-93-0-85144900-1464204636_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Started making this over the weekend with my 11 yr old daughter. It's one of my old ones from when I was a kid.

So far only the engine is done and she struggled a bit as the instructions were a bit more sparse than they are now...

Proper LEGO :thumbup:

• Like 2

s the instructions were a bit more sparse than they are now...

we found that  with a lego set we got as part of a "mixed bundle" from a charity shop recently where the set was from about 20 years ago

found the instructions on line - you have to play spot the difference to know what bits to add on and where, whereas modern instructions tell you at each stage what bits you need, and even give you helpful tips like you have to turn over to fit, or build in a certain spot.

• Like 1