LEGO, are you ever too old?

Tech1e

Looks good so far! Might not be a 'real' technic set (the big excavator is loaded with technic, motors and electric, for example) but it will still be a blast to build.

IMG_6671.JPG

IMG_6672.JPG

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

It looks a bit **** though. 

Kinda looks like the designer was aiming to use "off the peg" pieces though, which is a pleasant change.

But... 130quid, and it seems fairly small for the price tag, scaling from the brick lines visible.. bit of a bond cash in attempt? :(

@Jonny5ive @Dr Zoidberg  @mac11irl I agree with Dr Z about its looks! As for the RRP, based on the art there are Aston Martin and "Bond car" licence fees to pay? Of course, since the production companies and studios only own the character licence, you can produce a grey DB5 without paying them simply by not putting the Bond name and logo on the box!

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

Very good

Even better that they are all 100% complete…& I cleaned all the bricks with an old tooth brush & washing up liquid.....

that was fun.....

….NOT...

• Like 1

• Administrators

well it was only time...

started a lego technic bike, which actually takes a star wars character very well... except the mustang need for speed model looks too small. 

I've been keeping an eye out for the porsche on a deal... then ended up with 42066 air race which isn't as 'technic' as I thought it might be. Only one transfer box :(

So I grabbed 42069, it has an engine block to build at least. So santa is sorted. Thanks be to Argos for selling them off cheap(er).

Now to find some time to 'relax'

• 3 weeks later...

LEGO has been accused of making children covet unattainable squat, yellow bodies with c-shaped hooks for hands.

The Danish toy company was branded ‘dangerous’ and ‘irresponsible’ by a government watchdog, following complaints about the unrealistic physical standards its figures display.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/lego-promoting-unrealistic-body-image-2015061899397

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chris said:

FB_IMG_1535392120137.thumb.jpg.df3b481654e49b9a2fef35ba189a801e.jpgNot sure if I posted in here before but I bought and built the giant excavator wheel thing last year.  It's huge!! 

:blink::inlove:

Ledge enn dairy!

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 23:51, magic62 said:

Looks good so far! Might not be a 'real' technic set (the big excavator is loaded with technic, motors and electric, for example) but it will still be a blast to build.

IMG_6671.JPG

That's just the kids set..they did a proper adults set:-

Edited by fabdavrav
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When I was 14 I got Scalextric with 2 Jaguar D Types. My 10yo sister got Lego.

Eventually Lego barriers appeared across the Mulsanne straight. Our cat, Badger, got into the action as well.

No cats, Lego or Jags were harmed.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Don't know if any of yous have been watching the brillian Stranger Things on Netflix (Season 3 from 4/7 BTW) but, Lego have released a Stranger Things set.
You can even build it upside down...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Im quite pleased with this... considering how limited i was on bits plucked from a rummage in the "random building blocks" tub in the hotel playroom...

IMAG4009.thumb.jpg.9c6e28c6cc07bc06bdeaffb50d2ff1b1.jpg

IMAG4008.thumb.jpg.6f8bfff89afe355b4638c18b2f959134.jpg

Just let your inner child round all the corners off and make those white blocks at the front be see through windows ;)

• 5 months later...

And so it begins.... my sister in law got spuderick this for his 5th birthday.

20200120_174555.thumb.jpg.e76fd2cd1f564723369c74b745607bb4.jpg

The fire "hose" shoots out a blue telescopic bar piece when you squeeze the black air tank to knock over the flames :D

• Like 1