The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

Anyone who has gone past the Citigo thread will probably know I've been up at Jabbapsort this afternoon. :)

So a pair of seats with frames have been ordered for the Yeti. 

Corbeau Sprint buckets in carbon/black cloth with no logos or branding and mounting frames.

Around 7kg each + frames.

Also I think we've found a KW coilover set up that will fit... just waiting to hear back from KW on the minimum drop as I don't want it too low.

When we put the KW v3 kit on my Fabia, it was wound right up and worked out a drop of around 20mm, which looked spot on.

At the end of the day, I still want it to look like a Yeti.

Not someone who bought an SUV type vehicle when they really wanted a speed bump scraper.

Nearly forgot I also got an email from PB Brakes to say the kits are on the way, should be here in about a week.

It's all going on, except for the KO4 kit from APR.

Still no word about if they have found a downpipe, or how long it'll be.

At this rate the engine will be the last thing to be done, rather than the first. :giggle:

• Like 1

If you need to look for an alternative to KW, GAZ will make what you want as a bespoke set up, they are down your way too Richard.

Gaz Shocks Ltd
Rayridge House, Swinborne Road
Burnt Mills Industrial Estate
Basildon, Essex? SS13 1EH

Take them the Yeti and tell them what you want, they will have a look and a measure, also weigh the beast, then a few weeks later and you get a package ready to fit.

• Like 1

It's already been weighed James :)

Not by GAZ, I am sure Richard could save them time by giving them the weights,  ;)  and then get a fully adjustable set up made to order.

How did i miss this thread,never mind a fabia section or a octavia section etc,i think this forum should a dedicated "Bossfox motors" section!  :rofl:

You know it's rude to make fun of the disturbed. ;)

:rofl:

• Like 1

Any word from APR Mr Fox?

Seen that they haven't been communicating the best   :dull:

The sooner that K04's on the sooner you can set about the business of getting bored of the BriskYeti and hasten forward the day I buy her off you :rofl:

Any word from APR Mr Fox?

Seen that they haven't been communicating the best   :dull:

Not via the question on Brisky.

I need to get round to chasing my local dealer up (Tuningwerks in Croydon) for an answer.

Just waiting on the downpipe I believe...

I've got a bit of time now as the car was taken away on Friday for it's respray.

So I won't see it for a couple of weeks.

By the time it gets back I'm going to have a pile of bits to fit!

The sooner that K04's on the sooner you can set about the business of getting bored of the BriskYeti and hasten forward the day I buy her off you :rofl:

I like your style. :giggle:

• Like 3

I've got a bit of time now as the car was taken away on Friday for it's respray.

What was the final verdict on the colour? I was just looking back through some photos of the original cabrio Yeti concept - shame that colour was never offered as an option http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/375456,8918/2006-Skoda-Yeti_Photo.aspx

What was the final verdict on the colour? I was just looking back through some photos of the original cabrio Yeti concept - shame that colour was never offered as an option http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/375456,8918/2006-Skoda-Yeti_Photo.aspx

It's a secret. :)

• Like 1

Update:  Corbeau won't make me a pair of seats without the branding as a custom job.  Branding or no seats! :(

List to do before Castle Combe is:

K04 with air intake, exhaust and intercooler. (ordered, but delayed?)

Front and rear big brake kit. (it's arrived today!)

Suspension.

ARBs. (arrived)

Oil cooler.

Uprated clutch.

Two decent front seats.

Lose as much weight as possible.

Colour change (in the paintshop as I type...)

Wheel change (ordered)

Track tyres.

14 weeks to go...

• Like 2