The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

let us know how it goes... I still believe you will find it not there.... why brake something, when moving power to the back is still "driving" and not "braking" ... and the 4WD does that anyway..... I still believe its a 2WD tool..... (until someone proves me wrong ;) )

Put simple, because there is an open diff.

If you slightly brake the inside wheel you also increase the speed of the outside wheel.

There are clear and obvious benefits with regard to improving the stability, speed and reducing understeer.

It's a job for tomorrow night, just noticed I left my VCDS cable at work! :(

• Like 3

Put simple, because there is an open diff.

If you slightly brake the inside wheel you also increase the speed of the outside wheel.

There are clear and obvious benefits with regard to improving the stability, speed and reducing understeer.

It's a job for tomorrow night, just noticed I left my VCDS cable at work! :(

yeah, the way I see it is if you brake the inside wheel and increase the outside wheel speed you get a kind of 'slingshot' effect. Captain Kirk used this phenomena to go back in time to rescue whales IIRC :D

• Like 3

yeah, the way I see it is if you brake the inside wheel and increase the outside wheel speed you get a kind of 'slingshot' effect. Captain Kirk used this phenomena to go back in time to rescue whales IIRC :D

If I do enough track days in the rain it might work for me too. :D

• Like 2

Results from the AMD Brisky meet today...

FfkAYO.jpg

With the merest smidge of rounding off it's running 290bhp and 295lb.ft on it's best run.

10bhp-30bhp down on the full spec turbo kit power quoted, but as I'm still running the stock rear section of exhaust and two stock silencers that's quite understandable.

• Like 3

Results from the AMD Brisky meet today...

FfkAYO.jpg

With the merest smidge of rounding off it's running 290bhp and 295lb.ft on it's best run.

10bhp-30bhp down on the full spec turbo kit power quoted, but as I'm still running the stock rear section of exhaust and two stock silencers that's quite understandable.

New exhaust time? :D

Very similar figures to the Golf, I suspect the Yeti has a little more weight but your figures are slightly higher than mine, will be good fun when we meet on track next year Sir.   ;)

• Like 1

Very similar figures to the Golf, I suspect the Yeti has a little more weight but your figures are slightly higher than mine, will be good fun when we meet on track next year Sir.   ;)

I would expect your Golf has a significant (100kg+) weight advantage actually. :D

It's still a little over 1,400kg before I get in...

I would expect your Golf has a significant (100kg+) weight advantage actually. :D

maybe so, but everywhere I go I have Liam in the passenger seat, it is like lugging around a sack of spuds!  I think it is time he grew up and got his own track car  :notme:  maybe not, sorry son.

I will see how we get on over winter and ask Jason nicely, he might let me join the Skoda'a at Castle Combe in the spring

• Like 2

With some big straight through boxes it can still be quiet. But can also get rid of the gasses quicker. Turbo will spool up quicker and it would get the heat out better.