cant see r/h reaerview mirror in rain

hi, have a 2011 octavia and when it rains a stream of water runs back the right hand window and i cant see the outside mirror with it, has anyone else had this problem? i had a 2007 octavia and never had this problem

I'd never not use Rain X or simila after using it once! It's brilliant stuff and really does make visibility better. On the windscreen too means that you don't even need to use the wipers half the time on the motorway in the rain!

was going to try wind deflectors but was told they can cause problems with the electric windows becase they close againt them, maybe this is not true? this is a very heavy stream of water flowing back the window and i cant understand why my old car never did this

was going to try wind deflectors but was told they can cause problems with the electric windows becase they close againt them, maybe this is not true? this is a very heavy stream of water flowing back the window and i cant understand why my old car never did this

This was my concern too. However, the OE ones don't sit in the window channel, they stick to the bodywork. (Long 3M sticky pad on each one.) The other after-market ones usually do sit in the channel.

They were about £42 for the pair of front ones. People rarely sit in the back of my Octy....if they want them, they can bloody-well pay for them!

(Plus am thinking about nets for the back, didn't see the point of over-doing it)

I'll take a couple of photos in the morning.

I fitted Team Heko Wind Deflectors (from Ebay)to front and rear windows over 5 years ago and had no problems with the electric windows closing properly

Wind-deflectors! :)

Stops all that and stops the stupid drip if you've got the window open an inch or so and use the washers :) :)

and look pants...

• 2 weeks later...

+1 For rain x , plus get the heko deflectors they do work plus look really stylish .

Had the same problem in my old pug 306 when car was driven off with drivers window down used to get soaked

mine doesnt do it at all (2011 VRS) the stupid MkII Fabia I had on way to collect my new car was bad in that way though! Might just be worth wising some window cleaner and polishing glass dry. Rainx and G1 are great products if you want to go down that line though for some freaky smooth windows.

+1 For rain x , plus get the heko deflectors they do work plus look really stylish .

Had the same problem in my old pug 306 when car was driven off with drivers window down used to get soaked

Haha. Not just me then. We used to have a Pug 306 and that was really annoying. Especially in the summer with the window open (poverty spec, no A/C) and used the windscreen washers you got drenched!

I have a fabia II and cured the problem by mounting a small rectangular piece of plastic to the front door pillar adjactent to the mirror(is that the A post?)using one of the large screw heads that appear to hold the black plastic pillar trim on.. This deflects the air upwards taking the rain withit. The stream of water is still there, but higher up the windoww. Why only the driver's side though, no problem on the passenger side.

Chris

The Skoda deflectors look like they sit in the channel looking at this pic:

http://www.accessories.skoda.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?p_no=ZGB1Z3072193

Description shows "2006>" so they're for the MKI.

Day off tomorrow will take some pics ;)