The Alarm + Park Assist. To the Dealer on Monday.

Ray_Green

My cracking Yeti is having a pitstop on Monday for (I hope) some fine tuning:

1. The alarm seems to have a life of its own! Yes it could be under attack, but I have seen it kick off for no reason. I have to sleep with the keys in my hand so I can leap up and reset the alarm at 3 am, if needed.

2. On 2 occassions, park assist has failed, on failure during the auto parking, you loose power steering untill you swith off then restart the vehicle.

Anyone else had these issues?

Hi Ray,

some early production Monsters including my old Pat suffered from over sensitive alarms; in my case dealer turned the sensitivity down. Suprised in your case it's taken over two years to appear if it's the same issue :wonder:

Also waiting with the new Yeti to have a park sensor controller fitted, not that there's a problem with the sensors, I just cannot control the radio volume adjustment when there engaged (either no volume reduction or mute; nothing in between). Already had on controller fitted but the wrong one; hopeless dealers round here, waiting for the correct one to turn up of back order.

Hope you get it sorted,

TP

Hi Ray,

some early production Monsters including my old Pat suffered from over sensitive alarms; in my case dealer turned the sensitivity down. Suprised in your case it's taken over two years to appear if it's the same issue :wonder:

Also waiting with the new Yeti to have a park sensor controller fitted, not that there's a problem with the sensors, I just cannot control the radio volume adjustment when there engaged (either no volume reduction or mute; nothing in between). Already had on controller fitted but the wrong one; hopeless dealers round here, waiting for the correct one to turn up of back order.

Hope you get it sorted,

TP

The Alarm has always messed about (once a month ish)hence sleeping with the keys!

A software download sorted the park assist. Alarm adjusted,Yeti scrubbed up and car collected and deliverd. Yeti again, a 5 star service from Alex Lawrie Liverpool.

Nice to know park assist could be adjusted if needed. I love mine and use it a lot. Managed to get it to shuffle me into a really short space last week. When I crossed the road to village shop I looked back and could not believe it had parked so neatly in that short space. On returning to depart - I had a hell of a job to get it out again. Could hardly have managed it without care and front plus rear sensors screaming at me !!.

True but it got me into a space that I would not have been able to (lack of skills emoticon-0106-crying.gif )

No lack of skill here but I just love gadgets and this was one gadget I wanted (as well as to not have a blank button on the dash!). I love it. I smile every single time I use it to park. Getting out is not difficult either since the audible warnings are clear as is the display on the Bolero. It is an expensive option but if you live in a place like London, where parking is normally very tight, it is a must have. In the countryside however it is just a very expensive toy you hardly ever need.

To us park assist was a simple choice.

£300 for front sensors of £100-odd more for the full parking assist kit.

Probably won't use it, but worth £100 for the "show off" factor. :D

And as J said, it's one less plain black button...

I too was tempted just for the 'bragging rights'!

My greatest parking challenge is to get as far away as possible from other parkers!

I often catch a bus to the kerb :rofl:

• 2 months later...

I've been trying to use 'park assist' on my new Yeti (got it on March 26th 2012).

When I press the park assist button I get a message on the MFI that says speed not fast enough. I've tried anything from 5mph to 50 mph, always the same message, am I doing something wrong?

If you use park assist to park in a really tight space woe betide you if one of the other cars goes first, if they do not have bumper sensors they may use the "contact method" with their bumpers to get out.

If you use park assist to park in a really tight space woe betide you if one of the other cars goes first, if they do not have bumper sensors they may use the "contact method" with their bumpers to get out.

And that's when you appreciate the tough unpainted bumpers on the Yeti even more! :-)

I've been trying to use 'park assist' on my new Yeti (got it on March 26th 2012).

When I press the park assist button I get a message on the MFI that says speed not fast enough. I've tried anything from 5mph to 50 mph, always the same message, am I doing something wrong?

Hmmmm. Only ever get this if I go TOO fast. Sounds as if you are going too fast. You need to go slow and once it finds a spot you have to wait 1 second and least before going backwards SLOWLY.

50 mph!

I hope that's on youtube :rofl:

I have been having this same message on my park assist - Speed too slow

Its been to the dealers to look at it, they don't know and are asking Skoda - Surly its a speed sensor problem ?

• 3 weeks later...

I have been having this same message on my park assist - Speed too slow

Its been to the dealers to look at it, they don't know and are asking Skoda - Surly its a speed sensor problem ?

Any news from Skoda?

• 2 months later...

Just tried out the Park Assist for the first time - been looking for a quiet road with suitable parking !

I had to use the indicator to get it to find spaces on the passenger side ( didnt try drivers side) although the manual seemed to suggest use of indicator is only needed for finding a space on the drivers side - is this correct ?

Just tried out the Park Assist for the first time - been looking for a quiet road with suitable parking !

I had to use the indicator to get it to find spaces on the passenger side ( didnt try drivers side) although the manual seemed to suggest use of indicator is only needed for finding a space on the drivers side - is this correct ?

No that is incorrect. You need not indicate to park in the UK on the passenger side. Once you press the PA button you will see the image appear in the Maxidot showing it is searching for spaces on the left (without indicating). If you do indicate left, nothing changes on the Maxidot. But indicate right and you will see the parking spaces in the pictogram flipping over to the driver's side. Indicating is the ONLY way to find spaces on the driver's side.

Thaks Freedom for confirmation.

I pressed PA button got Maxidot display drove down the line of cars ( on passenger side) and no spaces shown.

So backed up put left indicator on and repeated - spaces showed up.

So there appears to be a fault on mine then , I will recheck again though !

Has it possibly got the wrong country set somewhere ?

I think backing up might have confused it. It all sounds fine to me nothing wrong with it. Just go try it again somewhere. Once you get used to its logic it works fine as I described in my previous message.