ebay oct vrs- thoughts ?

Honest thoughts on this car guys ?? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110817323657&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

1/ Nice colour

2/ only two owners from new

3/ decent mileage

4/ some nice additional extras

owner says has printout showing 279BHP which I find a bit hard to believe ie 79BHP more than standard, is on the original clutch, original cambelt, would obviously have the cambelt changed asap, just how would this car cope with an extra 79BHP off mods ??!!

car has been mapped by Star performance in Fife which I know a lot off the locals on here personally recommend.

honest thoughts on car thou ???

cheers

It says in the add "needs a bigger car" To be honest the Octy isn't small so it makes me wonder why he is getting rid of it :wonder:

I don't actually think you should read anything into that. The octy isn't small I agree but it's not big either and whilst it might have a massive boot the car is otherwise Golf size in terms of cabin size. He might want something with 7 seats or with more rear legroom or that can fit 3 child seats in etc.

Good point, But the car does seem a little cheap if I am honest and of they are Genuine RS6 alloys they would have cost a pretty penny. Still worth going to look at it just take someone that wont look at the car with rose tinted glasses. B)

Good point, But the car does seem a little cheap if I am honest and of they are Genuine RS6 alloys they would have cost a pretty penny. Still worth going to look at it just take someone that wont look at the car with rose tinted glasses. B)

Strange the text of the ad does not mention the wheels at all? :wonder:

Strange the text of the ad does not mention the wheels at all? :wonder:

It says "New RS6 alloys with tyre's."

It may be a bit under priced for the mileage, but if the seller badly wants a bigger car maybe they are prepared to let it go cheap.

This is your second post on this. I would noy buy a car without 1st seeing and driving it, the wheels will be replicas as he says they are new, why would you put £1000 wheels on a car to sell it. It is too cheap if it is really that good. Have been told that star performance are big in Scotland, ( I had never heard of them) if it had really been cared for as you say the cambelt and water pump should have been changed one and a half years ago, has the brake fluid been changed, if it has a stage 2 remap has the brakes been upgraded. Why not ring star performance themselves to get info on what has been done :yes:

I too say thats a bit cheap if its had all that work done on it. And he's prepared to drop the price even more :o

Why is the servicing book not up to date? Especially if a reputatble garage has done ALL the servicing?

What fuel pump has it got? an internals upgrade or a new HPFP?

What about the HID kit thats fitted?

I would defo look at upgrading the brakes.

Low mileage for the age and price but I would have expected the cambelt to have been changed on schedule.

Get in touch with the seller and Star Performance and do your research. Then go and view/test drive. You know the old saying about "if its too good to be true"!

If its as good as described then get your self a bargain. Doing all those mods yourself will cost a lot more money.

Hi guys first off all as always thanks so much for the replies / info, have since decided that this car is not the one for me, to be honest its looks nice and does look very,very clean for its age from the pictures in the advert but going to go with gut feeling and give it a miss !! sorry for the double post regards this car its just that as the other post was specifically about the remap I thought I would put it within the tuning section off the forum, this one as regards folks overal thoughts on the car in general.

yet another Octavia vrs came up for sale today at a local garage, 2008 model in blue, petrol estate, one owner with 44000 miles, fsh : http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201205446014439/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/9000/price-from/7000/model/octavia/make/skoda/radius/40/quicksearch/true/page/1/postcode/ky118bf?logcode=p#

spoke to the salesman and they say there cars come with a six month warranty, are all up to a certain standard to be sold by themselves , asked regards the cambelt and was advised that it had not been done, did say all cars get a manufacturers spec service prior to being sold and that if skoda recommend a cam belt change at 4 years on this model then they would have to do it, is it the water pump or pump belt ( sorry bit new to all this ??!! ) that is better being changed whilst the cambelt is being done?? ask as would obviously be better to have this done at the same time for piece off mind.

did these 2008 models all come with the extras such as xenon lights, jumbo box etc etc ??

when pressed regards asking price they did say the price shown was the very lowest they would accept , seeing as there is no trade in I guess I may get it down slightly- opinions at asking price ?? whilst not particulaly high at 44k on a 2008 its certainly slighly higher than some others I have seen lately but hopefully get to test drive it this week and see how it looks / drives.is 44k much on a modern engine like the vrs ??

did mention in one off my other posts that the one I drove the other day which was actually my first ever drive in a octavia vrs ( 2008 petrol ) seemed to have a problem with the handbrake in that there was virtually no travel on it and did not seem to go down very easily, are the 08 octavias like this, or this possibly a problem ??- car only had 27k on it.

sorry for the constant questions guys beginning to understand things now but would obviously just rather gain as much info as possible to help make sure I get the right car sure you will all appreciatte that !!

thanks

did these 2008 models all come with the extras such as xenon lights, jumbo box etc etc ??

There were equipment upgrades around 2008/58 which included 18's, tyre pressure monitor, jumbo box etc so this is one of those. As others have said, go and drive it, ask the relevant questions and see if you like.

Its the price that dont seem right to me, i bought mine (yes it was from a main dealer) for £9000 and that had 50k on and completely OEM, that was roughly in the right price bracket, for all that work id want abit more for it

A miltek exhaust, theres at least £600, KW coilovers, £500 (and thats the cheapest) Uprated fuel pump? By who? i dont get why he would uprate the fuel pump but not the clutch with all the torque its running, then theres the remaps, couple of hundred quid there and the alloys can cost as much as you want them to but still in the triple figures...all that and then all the labour hours ect ect its too cheap, id want about £8-9 for that with the low mileage aswell

I have 2008 vrs tdi, free upgrade was 18 inch wheels,jumbo box, rear elec Windows, dual climate, zenons were optional extra which had to be paid for.My handbrake has always been like this and car gets serviced every 12 mths at main dealer and nothing ever been metioned about this.

Ask as many questions as you want :yes: . This has cruise control a nice xtra, xenons were not standard but rear elec windows dual climate, 18" wheels and jumbo ox were standard then. This seems more a more honest example .As Emma said far too cheap the other one :thumbup:

Ask as many questions as you want :yes: . This has cruise control a nice xtra, xenons were not standard but rear elec windows dual climate, 18" wheels and jumbo ox were standard then. This seems more a more honest example .As Emma said far too cheap the other one :thumbup:

Cruise control is the thing i wanted and didt get :(

Excellent cheers folks, appreciatte the coments regards the tight handbrake noticed during the testdrive, yep did wonder if it was possibly just a trate off the octavia vrs off these particular years ?? and having not driven one before I obviously had nothing to compare it with.

have certainly noticed that prices seem to vary widly with the vrs just now, there is a 2008 vrs estate with similar sub 30k mileage and just one owner listed on ebay just now for £10500 thats actually 2k over what the one I test test drove at the local garage this week !! have noticed the diesel versionz off the same year, spec are a lot more expensive, possibly more demand ??

end off the day is no doubt down to high road tax / insurance and petrol prices making bigger cars just not so easy to move on these days hence it effecting the price .

Anyone know which induction kit is fitted to the one in the e-bay ad? It looks very OEM - I like it! I'm sure my engine cover looks slightly different to that though

It's a carbonio, they're rubbish!

I'd be surprised if that car manages 280bhp but that's a different thread lol.

i dont think any extra's can devalue a car but heated wing mirrors...wooo i always wanted that!

Sorry should have said Mods can devalue a car not extras.

Was refering to th ebay car.

Edited by ruffday