I've bitten the bullet and got Winter Tyres

Well after the recent spate of bad weather and the fact that everyone keeps banging on about how good winter tyres are because they can still drive everywhere at 40mph instead of 30mph! I decided to get some.

Now i have done my research on this and found that Goodyear have recently released a new winter tyre. Since the release of these tyres the internet has been inundated with one review!! This is what was said:

They are awesome and you can't buy a better Winter tyre!

So today i had them fitted. Since then the car has been stationary and, just to prove how good they are, the car hasn't moved an inch whilst parked up outside despite all the snow and ice on the ground! Now i have the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 for normal use but on seeing these i immediately knew they would be good as they are keeping with the Goodyear "bird" theme and here they are:

125f0bb0.jpg

All in all i'm pretty pleased with them. I can't understand why i have been adjusting my driving style and driving more carefully and slower when it's winter when all along i have just needed some Goodyear Snow Owl winter tyres.

I don't normally do this but i am happy on this occasion to admit i was wrong and am now a convert to using Winter Tyres.

I would be surprised if you noticed any difference at all but it might depend on how long you spend in the car. To fully appreciate the effect of winter tyres on a stationary car you probably need to spend some time at it. You might try different tyre pressures too.

• Like 1

I put snow tires on the front of my van this winter, still manage to get the back out round the roundabout, but can stop so much better and go off road now, if I drove my vrs more than only at the weekends I would definatly put some on there too

Are you going to rotate them Carl, don't want them wearing out too quickly do we.......emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

I've just got the one on the drivers side at the front.

That's the only wheel that does the driving silly :dull::rofl:

I put snow tires on the front of my van this winter, still manage to get the back out round the roundabout, but can stop so much better and go off road now, if I drove my vrs more than only at the weekends I would definatly put some on there too

That must be an American thing.

I think that Goodyear missed a trick on the rebranding, Great Tit would be more apt.

don't forget to tell your insurance company as fitting winter snow owls can invalidate your insurance

These one's are the only insurance approved ones that don't invalidate if you don't tell them.

Some bloke with an eyepatch, 2 front teeth missing and a manky dog in the local pub said so :thumbup::giggle:

That was the one who sold them to you in the first place B)

No I bought them from a really nice chap I met at a layby on the A303. He had all sorts in the back of his van inside a big cloth sack that said "SWAG" on it.

How's your manky dog btw ;)