RSAP - Confused.com

Having been unable to connect my Samsung Galaxy S since I got the phone last year - the car sees the phone, the phone sees the car, but always shows as "no network", I was amazed on Monday when it suddenly sprang into life and showed an O2 connection, everything worked fine, I could see the contacts and rang my mum (which reminds me its her birthday tomorrow and I forgot to get a card, bu66er...) anyway, it now won't connect at all, just displays "no compatible phone", or sees a Galaxy S, and just says "connecting", although the phone says its connected.

So off to the Dealers this afternoon and explained what was wrong, they checked the BT system and just said the Galaxy S isn't compatible and can't give an explanation of why it worked on Monday.

Still a bit peeved with Skoda for basically selling me a Bluetooth System that doesn't actually work. :swear:

It does work, but only if your phone supports rSAP which is essentially most Nokias and Blackberries and not a lot else...

Samsung are to the best of my knowledge the only manufacturer of Android phones that has rSAP support. The Galaxy S was the first Android phone to support rSAP so your phone should work... I do seem to remember reading somewhere that the pairing process was a bit convoluted though

It was in the brochure that the system was rSAP only so I didn't order the bluetooth on my car (had an iphone at the time) and went the Fiscon route. Stupid decision by VW as far as I'm concerned as although rSAP is brilliant if the phone supports it there's a lot of people out there with iphones and Android phones that don't support rSAP...

At least they saw the light and changed it on the later kits...

I have a Galaxy S and a RSAP only system and it works fine. You may need to delete off both car and phone and start again. You may also get a notification on the phone allowing authorisation for Skoda_RSAP. Obviously you need to accept this.....failing that go into the bluetooth settings into the phone after 'pairing' and set it as authorised.

Well I did what jrw suggested and deleted everything (and renamed my phone) and started again, it all connected fine (although the car still sees the phone under its old name). I'll wait to see what happens when I get in the car later today...

AGGHHHH! No, today it wasn't having any of it. So after 20 mins of deleting profiles from both car and phone and starting again, and getting "phone not compatible" messages, I finally got it all to connect, but again with a "no network" connection. It briefly flashed up an "O2 UK" connection but then went to "phone not compatible", tried again and have got back to phone and car appearing to be connected but "no network". If it didn't work at all I could understand but its the random, sometimes it does and most of the time it doesn't, that is infuriating.

AGGHHHH! No, today it wasn't having any of it. So after 20 mins of deleting profiles from both car and phone and starting again, and getting "phone not compatible" messages, I finally got it all to connect, but again with a "no network" connection. It briefly flashed up an "O2 UK" connection but then went to "phone not compatible", tried again and have got back to phone and car appearing to be connected but "no network". If it didn't work at all I could understand but its the random, sometimes it does and most of the time it doesn't, that is infuriating.

Are you in a position yet to upgrade your phone to a Galaxy S2?

Are you in a position yet to upgrade your phone to a Galaxy S2?

Not on an upgrade, halfway through a 24 month contract, although thinking of just buying a new handset. As I say if it didn't work at all I could understand, but the fact that it can and does, sometimes, which is annoying. I could also upgrade the BT unit in the car, although as Skoda, or rather VW, sold a pretty useless bit of kit for a short time it would be nice of them to offer an cheaper, or free, upgrade.

Very strange - mine works flawlessly.

Have you tried a firmware update on the phone? I am on 2.3.4. Failing that are you able to try another phone (preferably a Nokia with RSAP built in and enabled)?

could b a loose connection on the bt unit.

is urs under the passenger seat?

if so, check the connectors.

also while ur at it, disconnect the connector for a few minutes, reconnect it firmly and c how that goes.