Matte Black Octavia vRS

• 4 weeks later...

How tough is the vinyl covering? How does it stand up to washing, stone chips, bird muck etc.?

Great job btw, keep seeing more and more matt finished cars. First one I saw was a DBS Aston in grey, then a Chrysler 300 estate in black and even a black Astra , though I have to say that the puke beige X6 with a matt black bonnet and front valance I saw recently takes first prize in the "ugliest custom job on the ugliest car" category :clap:

Looks like a fantastic job, Harry! Hats off to you for having the nads to do this - I would never have taken this on myself.

I prefer spoiler to the 'no spoiler' look but not sure about the big WRC spoiler - looks a bit batmobile with that one on.

Cheers guys. The front bumper already has a couple of chips in it sadly, and with it being a high contrasting paint beneath it (silver) it shows up badly.

As for the spoiler I've had it ages and was eager to see what it would look like fitted. I used what little vinyl I had left to wrap it last night then bolted it on. I'm pretty happy with the result but it depends on which angle you view it from a bit.

Wrapping is easy enough just very time consuming. If I was given the time over I'm sure I could do it a lot quicker now I've had the experience :)

PS - not being funny here and this may be vicious rumour but I heard someone say at a RR day that this was your mum's car....

If so, she's OK with a K04 and a vinyl wrap? :giggle:

LOL she does wish it was hers tho...

That is a viscous rumour. Do people think because I'm young I can't afford it?

This is my car, it is in my name and I've paid for everything done to it, just to clarify.

Glad you could set the record straight Harry :thumbup:

I'd doubt it was anything to do with being young and affording it - I am sure most people on here would realise that age and cash in the pocket don't always go together!!

How have I only seen this?! I feel so left out :D

Looks awesome Harry. Liking the WRC wing back on too!

Good on you for giving it a go :thumbup:

How easy are the spoilers to swap round then? How is the vRS one fixed on, to allow you to chop and change?

How have I only seen this?! I feel so left out :D

Looks awesome Harry. Liking the WRC wing back on too!

Good on you for giving it a go :thumbup:

How easy are the spoilers to swap round then? How is the vRS one fixed on, to allow you to chop and change?

Cheers. Spoilers are very easy to swap its just 4 bolts. I've not bonded it to the boot incase of such a scenario.

Yes I was thinking batmobibile as well with the old/new spoiler .Went to the midlands meet last night, back in convoy with Andy( Auric goldfinger) and decided to remove my wrap on the lights , still think they look cool in the day but I caught Andy up and could see the reflection about half a mile away . Got a pressie for you Harry next time I see you

That looks really good Harry but please resist any temptation to tint the windows or lights - it looks just about right as it is and God help me but I even like the handle on the boot!

I think if you did any more it would look over the top.