Matte Black Octavia vRS

If you havent done any wrapping before then you have done a damm good job. Vinyl wrapping is an art to be appreciated.

You can wrap your alloys too, which allows them to go back to standard rather than powder coating.

Cheers guys. I've not done it before, so I am quite happy how it has all turned out. I certainly wouldn't like to do it again nor pay to have it done. To have it done professionally would be £1800 for a car this size - I've done it myself for less than £500, so it was worth having a go.

Just a thought.

How does this stand legally? The car is registered as either a silver or grey car, now it's black!

That means the DVLA records are incorrect and that could possibly invalidate your RFL & Insurance, as the car that they apply to doesn't exist, as it's black, not silver or grey! It could also attract the attention of the local traffic cops when you drive by one as their cars are all fitted with ANPR.

Like I said just a thought.

Just a thought.

How does this stand legally? The car is registered as either a silver or grey car, now it's black!

That means the DVLA records are incorrect and that could possibly invalidate your RFL & Insurance, as the car that they apply to doesn't exist, as it's black, not silver or grey! It could also attract the attention of the local traffic cops when you drive by one as their cars are all fitted with ANPR.

Like I said just a thought.

Because vinyl is classed as a temporary colour change, the DVLA do not need to be notified. However, I totally agree with you about the police and ANPR, and I am likely to get pulled for it if I pass a traffic officer. It's all perfectly legal, otherwise people wouldn't do it :)

Harry, as you know I've been following the progress of project matte black wrap on face bovvered, and as anticipated the 'almost' finished article is rather special, as has already been mentioned epic!!!

I think you have done an incredible job of the wrapping and I take my hat off to you for having the balls to undertake a project of this scale..........

Although you have managed to do the job for a third of the price, £500 is still a massive wedge that you could be put towards, AP Coilovers, 19" R8 reps, a custom twin stacked exhaust system or even a K04 conversion! :rofl:

Really looking forward to pictures of the completed Stealth Skud!!

Incidently, I still think you should tint the headlights! :p