What is a remapped VRS as quick as

FabiaVRSAJ

i know one running 180 bhp will kill a type r up to 100 seen it with my own eyes lol

We own both a mapped Fabia and a modified EP3.

The Civic has always had the edge on the Fabia even when it was all but standard other than an exhaust.

You can't really compare the two. Especially when you bring cornering into the mix.

Parkers states, bmw 330 cd (99-06) 201bhp/302ft-lb 0-60 7.0secs (convertable 7.6) some saloons come with a 184bhp version 7.9 to 60.

Fabia vrs 130bhp/229ft-lb 0-60 9.2secs

I know parkers are not always correct with times but still, come on.

Mine is as quickk as...

... i need it to be right now.

Fast enough to have some fun when a road clears of traffic, but not too fast that it cant be appreciated at sane speeds on the public road.

• Like 1

My fabia managed to keep up with an S4 convertible from a standing start up to about 70mph!!!!

At which point r lass started screaming at me so I backed off, He would have had me though.

If the fabia revved a bit further it would help.

It's not about the car, it's about the driver and their ability to drive said car. My remapped Fabia is quick but I can drive my tatty old Rover 214 quicker as I can feel everything it's doing. I find the Fabia a bit numb at times.

• Like 2

Re: Adam, above.

I spend much of my working life driving all kinds of cars, and no matter what generation the S4 was, he/she obviously wasn't really trying. Either that or he/she is completely inept. I don't mean to be mean or anything - I love my Furby vRS - but 4wd and at least double the power? The maths don't add up.

At least this isn't as silly as it gets. A lad my brother knows reckons his Astra VXR, now he's put a new air filter on it, will "easily keep up with a Ferrari FF" because the Astra, he reckons, only weighs about 700kg. Pillock. But anyway, that's a different tale; it's just the principles that are similar. Truth is just a point of view.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I have no doubt that the driver was playing with me and could have left me standing if he wanted.

S4's Have >400bhp I think?

Either that or it was a 1.8t with an S4 badge?

I have no doubt that the driver was playing with me and could have left me standing if he wanted.

S4's Have >400bhp I think?

Either that or it was a 1.8t with an S4 badge?

Hahaha, probably that last one! Last I checked, the old S4 convertibles with the n/a V8 were something like 350bhp. I remember driving one in '07 and thinking how undramatic but relentless it was.

Re: Adam, above.

I spend much of my working life driving all kinds of cars, and no matter what generation the S4 was, he/she obviously wasn't really trying. Either that or he/she is completely inept. I don't mean to be mean or anything - I love my Furby vRS - but 4wd and at least double the power? The maths don't add up.

At least this isn't as silly as it gets. A lad my brother knows reckons his Astra VXR, now he's put a new air filter on it, will "easily keep up with a Ferrari FF" because the Astra, he reckons, only weighs about 700kg. Pillock. But anyway, that's a different tale; it's just the principles that are similar. Truth is just a point of view.

4wd isn't the be all end all, transmission losses, extra weight and generally slower through corners (in the dry) and you sometimes have to reconsider.

Add that to the s4 and bhp per tonne soon plummets.

IMO of course

Edited by wilsy7

Are you lot racing against these cars on public roads? Because that is illegal and dangerous. And coming from someone who has been banned, for drifting, it is not worth it.

lol.

My mapped mk1 fabia vrs puts the ****s up my mates 170bhp fiesta st, and that is all it needs to do. :giggle:

Although his car handles like its on rails. It can literally go round roundabouts at 70. (don't quote me on that)

• Like 1

I had the quickest car out of all of my mates but one of them bought a a3 1.8T with all the S3 bits last week - bloody hell that's quick! Circa 250bhp apparently!

4wd isn't the be all end all, transmission losses, extra weight and generally slower through corners (in the dry) and you sometimes have to reconsider.

Add that to the s4 and bhp per tonne soon plummets.

IMO of course

4wd helps from a standing start though, which was the situation at hand. there is no way a a Fabia vRS with a remap would get off line the like an S4 can given the appropriate level of mechanical sympathy

These threads are ridiculous, the fabia vRS is fast but not that fast!

Mid range it will be quicker than most things of equivalent power or more.

Against stuff like Clio 182's and Civic type r you are not going to keep up in a straight line. Remap said fabia and it will keep with them until thy pull away at top speeds.

• Like 2

golf gti , im not lying :\ one of the cars is my mates its the torque that makes mine fly we all thought the same that the golf would leave me in the dust :\

also my car don't stop giving for example when it hits 100 it still fly's though to 110 but by then the road obv comes to an end (by then i've won ) lol

Edited by H8WOTVRS

So he's not driving his golf gti properly :rofl:

Mate, they ain't they quick and I've had a mapped Ibiza FR tdi with 180bhp 300lb/ft and a BLT fabia vRS stock pushing 157bhp 257lb/ft.

The new mk2 fabia vRS I had knocked spots off the old one but was quite juicy.

• Like 1

Guest BigJase88

This thread wants locked and deleted forever!

What a load of complete nonsense!

Fabia vrs is unfortunately now becoming the local mcdonalds car replacing the citroen saxo