Fabia Mk2 Facelift bulb change pictorial

I took photos yesterday to help visually :)

If you have that type of headlights you need H7 bulb for high and low beam

HL.jpg

All you need is a flat screwdriver especially to remove high beam bulb. First, remove the rubber caps, the metal ring is fixed very tightly. Gently push the metal clips in this direction using a flat screwdriver. The unit will come out, then pull the black base from the bulb. (also you can see the sidelight holder behind the arrow - which uses w5w bulb)

high.jpg

Do the same for the low beam unit, the metal ring is not so tight on this part :)

Gently push the metal clips in this direction using a flat screwdriver. The unit will come out, then pull the black base from the bulb.

low.jpg

I've fitted Bosch Plus 90 for high beam and Philips X-treme Vision %100 for low beam, quite happy ;)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Cheers :D yea i have ordered some Philips night breakers as the bulb i got area tinge on yellow. I got the black ones but just the same as the silver ones just having diffculty just trying to get the silver bracket holding the bulb on dont want to break it.

Cheers :D yea i have ordered some Philips night breakers as the bulb i got area tinge on yellow. I got the black ones but just the same as the silver ones just having diffculty just trying to get the silver bracket holding the bulb on dont want to break it.

If you have the black pack lights they are different mate.

Its a completely different unit and works different.

The black pack lights only have 1 h7 bulb in each unit (two all together) and use a shutter system to change from dip to high beam!

As an addition to this, halogen bulbs always have a yellow tinge. Extreme vision bulbs do help with extra light output but they do still look yellow. The only way to eliminate that is fitting HID kits.

• Like 1

It is stuck pretty tight to the bulb but it's quite a sturdy component. You can put a flat headed screwdriver blade betterment the holder and bulb then twist a little then move to the opposite side of the bulb and do the same again and it will wiggle free. Don't touch the bulb with bare fingers though!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It is stuck pretty tight to the bulb but it's quite a sturdy component. You can put a flat headed screwdriver blade betterment the holder and bulb then twist a little then move to the opposite side of the bulb and do the same again and it will wiggle free. Don't touch the bulb with bare fingers though!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ok i hope i dont break it hahaha im quite heavy handed also i will never get rid of that yellow look my old vw lights were bright white with these Philips night breakers 

• 11 months later...

post-16335-0-59162100-1440069694_thumb.jpg

This is IMPOSSIBLE on my Fabia Monte Carlo 1.6 tdi.  There is no room at all around the headlight on the drivers side due to I think the particle filter.  The passenger is ok for the dipped beam but cannot even see the main beam bulb. 

WP_20150820_001.jpg

This is IMPOSSIBLE on my Fabia Monte Carlo 1.6 tdi. There is no room at all around the headlight on the drivers side due to I think the particle filter. The passenger is ok for the dipped beam but cannot even see the main beam bulb.

Use a multispline socket and loosen the fuel filter bracket, pig of a job but gets easier with that out of the way.

WP_20150820_001.jpg

This is IMPOSSIBLE on my Fabia Monte Carlo 1.6 tdi. There is no room at all around the headlight on the drivers side due to I think the particle filter. The passenger is ok for the dipped beam but cannot even see the main beam bulb.

I struggled a lot with doing my HID's because of the fuel filter! What a pain in the arse!

Cheers for the replies. I'll get the tools out tomorrow and release the filter to give it another go.

Also is the main beam bulb in the same hole as the normal headlight bulb? Or is it under another cover?

Cheers.

Cheers for the replies. I'll get the tools out tomorrow and release the filter to give it another go.

Also is the main beam bulb in the same hole as the normal headlight bulb? Or is it under another cover?

Cheers.

Under a seperate rubber boot if its the facelift silver lights

Finally got the dipped headlight bulbs done after moving the diesel filter out of the way.  Still couldn't find the full beam bulbs.  The separate boot seemed to have a different type of bulb connection which didn't look like the H7.

Happy for now though as I hardly use the full beams so they can stay standard for now.

Thanks again for the input. Much appreciated.

Finally got the dipped headlight bulbs done after moving the diesel filter out of the way. Still couldn't find the full beam bulbs. The separate boot seemed to have a different type of bulb connection which didn't look like the H7.

Happy for now though as I hardly use the full beams so they can stay standard for now.

Thanks again for the input. Much appreciated.

Are they silver or black lights?

** It should be noted that mk2 models prior to the face lift in 2010 have different headlight units and these instructions are not relevant.

These units have only one bulb and dependent on model variant either have a single h7 plus shutter/projector lens, and on base models, a h4 in a refector housing. The h7 variant requires the bulb holder to be twisted 90 deg to be removed. I dont know about the base h4 variant, it probably will be similar.

I fairly sure someone has posted pics and instructions on these on the forum.

Heres one thread...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/259199-changing-front-bulbs/?hl=%2Bchanging+%2Bbulb#entry3050864

Edited by xman

** It should be noted that mk2 models prior to the face lift in 2010 have different headlight units and these instructions are not relevant.

These units have only one bulb and dependent on model variant either have a single h7 plus shutter/projector lens, and on base models, a h4 in a refector housing. The h7 variant requires the bulb holder to be twisted 90 deg to be removed. I dont know about the base h4 variant, it probably will be similar.

I fairly sure someone has posted pics and instructions on these on the forum.

Heres one thread...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/259199-changing-front-bulbs/?hl=%2Bchanging+%2Bbulb#entry3050864

Yeah. The blackpack lights work in the same way as the prefacelift silver lights, as far as i understand (:

• 6 years later...

God I have tried to remove the H7 bulb on my 2013 Fabia which I recently purchased, so this is my first bulb replacement on a Skoda. I have tried turning it 90 degrees anticlockwise but I carnt turn it. I have looked on YouTube but they all say just turn anticlockwise.  Even the handbook says the same.

20210923_193242.jpg

Push in slightly and twist off. The shiny silver bit that the black bulb holder looks connected to. The duller silver bit has a slot each side, like a bayonet light fitting but also, a kind of ridge, to prevent it from coming off accidentally, hence the need to push a bit inward.