RNS510 Firmware query

No

1Z0 can go to modified 2764

3Z0 & 3T0 can go to 3984.

I don't know of anyone running 4024 on any Skoda device yet. There may be some new systems coming through now but I have yet to see one on a Skoda. I've only seen D Revisions on VW

Hi, regarding the above post, I have the 1Z0 running the 1004 firmware and am wondering is meant by "modified" 2764. I read the earlier post which suggested this is needed for 7 digit postcode searching.

Thanks

Adam

Hi, I'm not sure which version my columbus is on, but I'll check the user manual tomorrow.

But when I press setup, the firmware version does not appear, I only see AM/FM.

My question is, do I need to upgrade the firmware progressively i.e ver 1xxxx to 2xxxx?

Can I skip the versions inbetween i.e from ver 1xxx to 3xxx or 4xxxx?

Edited by traveller78

You can skip versions as long as you jump to one that still supports your particular model. If you skip from a 2xxx FW to a 3xxx fw it repartitions your hard drive so you will need to reinstall maps or music,

At least that means that your current firmware version is below 3xxx, otherwise the "Version" menu must be displayed along with AM/FM.

You can update straight to 4020, no intermediate updates are required.

I have just upgraded to SW4020, I read that the sw3010 implemented the 3 partition HDD but the 4020 did not so you would not have the POI's installed so I first installed SW3010 ( which wipes maps) then 4020 followed by V8 maps with Speed cams, this is all on a 3TO 035 680 A unit and all works like a dream, much smoother graphics and quicker startup along with several new options in menus. The unit now reports back as HW05 and SW 4024 with the speed cams under the POI menu as well, been for a drive and the speed cam DB is accurate as well

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

My Superb was built in June 2012.and supplied to me by my dealer less than two weeks ago.

The Columbus shows in the menu as 3T0 035 680E.

Harware version is H64

Software is 4024

Map version is 7690

Am I right in thinking that I should have had version 8 maps installed by the dealer?

Also, I'm a bit conffused by the references to the 'secret menu'...if I can read the above after holding the setup button for 5 seconds am I seeing the 'secret menu' or is there another one that can be activated? (Nothing else happens if I hold the button for 30 seconds or more).

Jim

Version 7690 is version 8. Don't ask me why the four digit number doesn't start with an 8 as I don't know, but on mine when I went from version 7 to version 8 the four digit number changed from 7333 to 7690!

However, that firmware you are on, which is what I am on, should allow you to access the secret menu, as it does on mine. You may still need to activate the secret menu with VCDS I suspect.

Adam

Thanks Adam.

Mine's going in for some coding tomorrow and I was getting ready to some desk thumpimg over the map version....that's saved me a red face!

I'll ask them to check that the 'secret menu' is enabled.

:@

Jim

Edited by Claymore

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so fitted my Columbus this weekend. I have been into the secret menu and this is all I get in the Version screen.

Delivery Part Number : 3T0035680B

HW-Version : H41

SW-Version 3974

Active Map Coverage : West Europe

Active Map Supplier : Navteq

Map Version HDD : 7690.

So given that what version do I have and what are my firmware limitations ?

Thanks.

Paul

Hi, my name is Mick :sweat: and I've been sent here to see if somone can help me. I have the same problem as most on here. Please bear with me as not only am I new to forums but also a bit short on the tech side of this, but with luck I will undestand if in idiot language. I took delivery of my 2009 Superb Elegance 2ltr Tdi (Great Car) I went to use the Sat Nav, entering postcode, would only accept 5 digits, I went back to the dealer who told me the maps needed upgrading to V7.2 needles to say it didn't work. He told me the unit would need changing (£1800.00) as there was no software upgrade. B******S was my reply Having read the above posts I see it can be done. I have tried to find what version I have via the hidden menue, holding setup button for 30secs+ nothing happens except am.fm.DAB. Then I read there is something called a VCDS which I have'nt got a clue what t is or how to get hold of it, or do I already have it? All I really want to do is be able to enter 7 digit postcodes and latest version maps. Can anybody help me please. :wall:

If you can't access the hidden menu then you'll need to find a Briskodian near you who have VCDS. There is a 'sticky thread' near the top of the relevant forum which lists members and area. There is also a link to a map of the country with members locations on.

They will be able to see what SW (software) version you are on and also enable the hidden menu permanently.

V7.2 maps DO support 7-digit postcodes, it is most likely the software that is not allowing it to work.

Problem is that any attempt to upgrade the SW will probably invalidate any warranty and will probably wipe your music and map data.

Look at the My GTI website for details of each firmware (SW) upgrade and what you get.

Get the dealer to upgrade the firmware first (4xxx is the latest) then the maps (8.1) and you should have no problems then.

Thanks for that,I have just had contact from a local Briskodian who has all the neccesary discs including vcds,so looks like my problems will be resolved we're getting together in a couple of weeks.

Can't be bad solved within a few hours of post, thanks to the forum

• 2 weeks later...

Right, what I thought was the Test Menu wasn't, so as I had VCDS on the car yesterday I enabled the hidden test menu.

Looks like I have a Version C LED as the test menu reports :

HW Vehicle 0xC801

HW Radio 0006

So from that I guess I should be fine to apply 4024 as long as I am aware that I will need to reload the maps and any POI.

Paul

Looks like I have a Version C LED as the test menu reports :

HW Vehicle 0xC801

HW Radio 0006

So from that I guess I should be fine to apply 4024 as long as I am aware that I will need to reload the maps and any POI.

Yes, exactly.

• Like 1

How long did you leave it at 14%?

Quite a few people have reported the same issue but I suspect they just didn't leave it long enough.

Mine paused there for quite a while (at least 10 mins), but I left it to get on at it did run through to a successful instal.

Tried three different CDs now - gives a SWL error so not sure where to go from here. Just did a Setup-Eject-Mic restart and powered it off for now. Hopefully it wont drain my battery overnight. I'm using ImgBurn and decent blank CDR (tried 2 TDK and one DataSafe)

Paul