Firby in traffic collision.

Wibb

Just seen this - ouch!

Glad you're ok and got the scum bag on tape.

I drive a VW Transporter T5 for work and have a roofrack for fencing/decking etc if it can't be delivered and always make sure its secure.

Normally 3 points and £60 fine for it falling off/unsecure, be a lot more for damage and not stopping!

Used to deliver stuff in a dropside van in my last job. Always made sure it was all sheeted down especially after hearing about the one time the other driver had a bath come off on the M4 slip road. He did get points for it

Used to deliver stuff in a dropside van in my last job. Always made sure it was all sheeted down especially after hearing about the one time the other driver had a bath come off on the M4 slip road. He did get points for it

Wev had someone at work tip a 12litre diesel engine of the side of a van, luckly it was still in the dock compound but it was one of the funniest things iv seen :giggle:

Glad everything is okay and the blame is rightly in the other corner.

Could I be so cheeky as to ask where you bought that camera from?

Looks a fantastic bit of kit, would be worth it for the reason you have just proven.

• Like 1

Just seen this - unreal! What a plonker that guy is!

A good advert for the in-car recorders with guys like this on the road!

Good luck with the claim and let us know how things proceed.

Btw - is that a safe repair in that its in such a key structural point?

Btw - is that a safe repair in that its in such a key structural point?

Turners are BSI PAS125 certified in vehicle body repair - Structural Steel.

http://www1.kitemark.com/cms/listing/turners-garage-ltd--4f2f27d187f9e.html

http://www.bsigroup....le-body-repair/

They should be more than competant in repairing or replacing structual elements including A-Pillars

If you want to, search ebay for GSE 580 im sure you can find some for sale.

Have a look at this - reasonable video at a low cost - certainly shows what happened and will really spoil a guilty drivers story of how they were not at fault (let them submit their signed story before you reveal you have a video, then they are really stuffed)

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=111548

May or may not have captured the reg of the vehicle coming the other way as the video at the top of this thread did but certainly infinity better than no video at all.

I have an older one of these - it sits in a breffo spyder on the dash wedged into the corner where the screen comes down (don't like the huge sucker thing)

I have th £0.69p "witness" app for my iphone :) works very well. records 6 10 minute cyclic video, so you always have the last hour of your drive... auto crash detection too using the iphones inbult systems, records speed, g-forces, compass direction, and GPS co-ordinates :)

• Like 1

Also look at daily roads voyager - free from Android market

I did have it for my HTC wildfire before I got the simple cam (over a year ago)

- the only problem I had was recording video, sound, GPS info etc. it took the power out of the phone battery faster than the car USB adaptor could charge it ... on a 6 hour drive through France the phone battery went flat even though it was plugged in.

Oh, and the video was too dark - but that was probably the phone.

The price is right - so try it

The phone apps are especially good if you have an older phone that works OK and can be reused just for that role.

indeed, the i-phone app is good, video quality is good, it can be exported to the camera roll, all brilliant..

BUT as you say it drains slightly faster than it charges, so you need it plugged in... mine lasts way more 6 hours though.... was five hours down south last time I used it and it depleted about half way.... but then its a different phone!

indeed, the i-phone app is good, video quality is good, it can be exported to the camera roll, all brilliant..

BUT as you say it drains slightly faster than it charges, so you need it plugged in... mine lasts way more 6 hours though.... was five hours down south last time I used it and it depleted about half way.... but then its a different phone!

What's the iPhone app called mate? The one mentioned is android only.

Very unfortunate mate hope it gets sorted properly for you, i suppose if you want to look for the silver lining in all this at least it hit you in a car and you were ok, can you imagine if that had been a biker in your place, could be a very different scenario indeed.

as above, this is an example I uploaded to test...

its been updated since this vid, none of the daft "refocusing" it keeps doing, better layout, brightness control to help night vids ect

I like the way you parked out of the way in the corner :thumbup:

Guest George512

Holy cow dude, just seen this through your post on my thread. Glad it's all resolved though and with minimum fuss. That could have been much worse! How awesome is that camera though?! Well worth the investment!

Interested to hear that you're with Admiral like me though. How did all that work with going through the insurance? Did Admiral deal with it all or did they pass it to Albany? All got sorted pretty quickly!