Briskoda.net Folding team

Neo_VR

All I keep getting just lately is really low scoring wus .........

I have this problem to, despite having several machines setup for large WU's they just keep getting 100 pointers or less.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're all in the same small WU boat - I've started getting 150 pointers which take around 2 days, but I miss the 600 pointers which took 4 days - they were good and used the CPUs to their full (and the memory too)

All I keep getting just lately is really low scoring wus .........Tiptronic is about to go past me so fast I'm tempted to give him a speeding ticket :rofl:

:eek: ;)

Rob, it's not going that fast, especially with the tiddly units that are being dished out recently. :P

One of the machines has fallen over today though, nasty burning smell. Looks like the machine isn't getting power so could be the PSU? PC support bloke has been called. Can't be my fault though, as CPU usage was only set to 50%.

All the Best

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

My dual-core X2 is folding nicely. Gradually making my way up the scoreboard :rolleyes:

I've put it on my laptop at work too. Need to find more PCs.

I'm installing a complete transmission system in a few weeks with over 40 PCs, bu don't think I could get away with putting it on them :crazy:

My dual-core X2 is folding nicely. Gradually making my way up the scoreboard :rolleyes:

I've put it on my laptop at work too. Need to find more PCs.

I'm installing a complete transmission system in a few weeks with over 40 PCs' date=' bu don't think I could get away with putting it on them :crazy:[/quote']

Not even at just 30 or 40%? ;)

:bump: How is everyone doing then? :thumbup: My two recently chucked in some good scoring units, but they're taking longer. Seems to be paying off though.

Although I currently have about a dozen machines on the go, the one's out of my direct involvement are the service version set for lower CPU usage (How can I change the settings on them?). The ones in my office are the pretty version, set to about 90%

The other downside is that none of our machines are on 24/7. I keep trying to leave a couple in my office on overnight with the screens off. As I am usually first in, I can get all the PC's in my office started up before any of the others get in.

As I wasn't in on Friday, that means none will have been left on:(

Every bit helps though I suppose.

• 10 months later...
You need to install one per core, task manager will show 50% as it is maxing out 1 CPU core (however it will kinda move it between the two cores so it roughly shows as 50% on each)

Is there a quick and dirty way to do this? All my home PCs are either dual core or hyperthreading processors.

PS - Thanks for explanation :)

Is there a quick and dirty way to do this? All my home PCs are either dual core or hyperthreading processors.

PS - Thanks for explanation :)

Yeah - where you have the "folding" folder now - setup another folder called "folding2" or similar. Copy paste the .exe folder and double click to run it. Go through the questions the same, but when it asks for machine ID: PUT IN 2 NOT 1. Then it will use 100% of your CPU power. Essentially it will crunch two units at the same time. :)

Yeah - where you have the "folding" folder now - setup another folder called "folding2" or similar. Copy paste the .exe folder and double click to run it. Go through the questions the same, but when it asks for machine ID: PUT IN 2 NOT 1. Then it will use 100% of your CPU power. Essentially it will crunch two units at the same time. :)

Hmmm, tried that, says its already running...

Console is the best one, but you need to ensure the machine IDs are different, and that there are 2 services in windows service manager running. :)

I think the doom and gloom about remaining around where the team is now is unfounded. I just checked the overtake and we will overtake 8 teams inside 100 days, whereas only 2 are scheduled to overtake US in 100 days. Looking further back there appears to be only a few teams behind us actually folding faster, yet we're folding faster than loads and loads of teams above us. :)

Patience will see us be a top 100 team before long. :cool:

I've just started this, got it running 24x7 at work.

Cool the more the better :thumbup:

Its a pretty naff interface/set-up/program considering the global involvement. Sadly I've just lost 5 hours of work due to trying to get 2 running. Its now started again. :(

To get 2 instances of folding running on 1 PC you need to use the console version of the folding client not the GUI..

There is a sticky with all the information on how to set this up... :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...